Comfort

IS THIS MY LIFE? ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Ex-wife ?" I shouted at him, tugging on his arm even forgetting that he was driving and he shifted his head to me with eyes wide open.

"OMG ! You don't even know about his ex-wife, do you ?"

I shook my head in shock before speaking.

"I remember my dad telling me he never got married before."

"That's what he must've told him. Anyway, it was like 10 years ago when he was still in his career's debut. He was way far from the rich man you know nowadays and he got married to an ex-college mate of his. I think she was named Man Seul Mi.. and apparently after a couple of months she left him for the head of the first Korean construction company. A millionaire in other words ! So now that he got money.." He marked a brief pause the time to turn and eye me from head to toe. "I guess he would do anything to keep his beautiful new wife by his side." He let out sarcastically and i lowered my head covering my face with both my hands. I was now feeling dizzy after all what he said and i wasn't sure what emotion was boiling inside me the most : Anger, chock or compassion. I was shaking my head in my hands and i felt Taeyang rubbing the back of my neck.

"I'm sorry Dara, but it's better for you to know than to stay oblivious."

 

I was still fuming when i bid him goodbye and headed to the mansion. My heart skipped a beat though when i saw the time, but i also found two missed calls and one message from Jiyong.

 

From : Jiyong

Message : "Are u taking a nap or u don't wanna talk to me anymore ? :P Sorry, i'll make it up to u when i come neh ? Btw, i just arrived to the airport. Miss you..."

 

I tucked my phone in my bag after reading his message and stepped into the lawn. Sure he didn't call me for the last couple of days but i knew how busy he was and how he was working his off. Even when he called, i was the one telling him to go rest after 2 or 3 minutes of talking, so much i was worried by his tired voice. And these last days when i didn't hear his voice it only made me miss him even more, if this was even possible.

When i my right, my smile suddenly vanished at the sight of Sang Joong's car. He came out of it letting his driver take it to the car yard while i just stood there awkwardly, wishing i had an invisibility cloak at this moment.

"Hi !" He saw me. He actually saw me !

"Hey." I waved back at him releasing the breath i didn't even know i was holding.

I proceeded to walk in his direction but ridiculously slowly trying to gain more time for my brain to do his now habitual work.

"Honey.." I froze in my place when he leaned his head placing a kiss on my cheek. Since we got married, every time he came closer i would stay on my guard thinking maybe this time he would take the next step and aim for my lips instead, but today was a bit different. After all what i heard from Taeyang, i sort of wanted to push him back but i managed to keep calm.

"Why are you coming from the back door ?" He asked and i replied right away with such a confidence.

"I was in Hyorin's birthday." I was so much repeating this sentence in my head since the moment i saw him coming down from his car that i stupidly let it out, not even paying attention to his question.

"Oh, that .. H-Hyorin drove me home and she needed to pass from that street, i guess." ! I seriously needed some lie courses. And tell me again why i always have to involve Hyorin in everything ? Oh right, because she's the only 'friend' of mine that he knows about !

"Ah okay. And you had fun ?"

"Yeah, that was nice." I told him and we headed to the entrance door.

"Great.. Sandara, tomorrow i'll be having lunch with a future client in Busan. So if you want to come with me, i can drop you at your grandparents and take you back after my meeting."

I couldn't believe how life was playing such cruel tricks with me. Since a while now, i kept telling him that i missed my grandparents and wanted to go see them, but every time he would tell me i should wait till we can go together, as he wants to meet them too. Now that i think about it and after hearing Taeyang's theories, i was not sure anymore if he was being honest about it or if not wanting to let me travel by myself was the real reason. Although i knew i probably wouldn't get the chance to go see them any soon and the fact that they're old enough to be unable to take long travels didn't help either but tomorrow i just couldn't. Jiyong was coming back and there was no way i would be elsewhere, since every inch of me was eager to see him. I snapped out the trance i was in and finally replied.

"Um, i'm actually a bit tired, let's go together another time." He looked curious but much to my relief, he didn't press the matter.

"As you like." He pushed open the door and i started walking to the living room.

"You're not going upstairs ?" He asked m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter