IS THIS MY LIFE?

IS THIS MY LIFE? ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara's POV:

"Thanks for the drive." I told Taeyang and was about to close the passenger door when he bent his head.

"You're sure you're okay?" He asked with clear worry in his eyes. Since earlier when we met Jiyong and Hyorin, I just couldn't fake it and I guess they all knew that something was off with me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks." I lied to him and trailed my way to the mansion.

I was heading to the entrance door while searching for my phone on my bag when I saw Joong's car already parked in the back yard. So I stopped in my place and sighed before changing my direction to the garden's table. My phone screen was showing 5 missed calls from Jiyong and even though I was eager to call him back, I just sat in one of the chairs facing the fountain, pouting and waiting for him to call again.

Luckily, I didn't have to wait too long before my phone vibrated in my hands. I took a deep breath and swiped my dumb on the screen.

"Yeoboseyo."

"Hey. Where were you? I kept calling you."

"I just got home."

"Oh." He said and made a pause. I was gritting my teeth and thinking about how I would mention Hyorin without sounding pitiful when he spoke.

"Dara, how do you know that Young-Bae bastard?" I frowned at his question and remembered that he said he knew him earlier.

"Right, how do you know him?"

"That's not the point now, and I'm the one asking here." He yelled at me. That was actually the first time he was raising his voice at me and just when I was already mad at him.

"Don't talk to me like that." I said with a confident tone covering up my anxious feelings.

"Ok Dara." He sighed. "Hyorin told me that you and that guy were dating. Is it true?" I widened my eyes in disbelief. Just perfect ! He was the one dating someone without telling me and yet now he had enough guts to get angry at me for hiding something that wasn't even true ?

"Yes we're dating. I know I should've told you and I'm sorry if you're pissed 'Oppa'!" I let out clenching my top above my chest. I could barely breathe.

Yesterday, I was sure Hyorin would misunderstand my relationship with Taeyang, but now I could only thank her in my mind. This way, I will somehow feel less betrayed because Jiyong will feel just the same.

"Great. I gotta hang up now."

"What? Wait.." I tightened my grip on the phone. He was going to hang up before I even ask him about Hyorin.

"I see you're dating Hyorin too.. " I mumbled hoping he would deny it. He took his time before replying.

"Yeah, I am. And you know what? I'm sorry for not telling you either. Now I gotta go." He blurted out and hang up on me.

I was left dumbfounded, speechless and blown away. I could indeed feel myself bathed in the sun's caresses, warm breeze ruffling my hair, but it couldn't do much about the ice coldness I was feeling inside. My heart was so much aching that I had to fight hard against the tears that were threatening to fall.

When I finally gathered enough strength to stand on my feet, the sun had already gone down leaving place to a chilly evening. I went upstairs with defeated shoulders, heading back to my pathetic world. As soon as I stepped into the room I saw Sang Joong sitting on the edge of the bed, still wearing his suit.

"Hey, honey."

"Hey." I said carving a fake smile.

"Where did you go? I thought you were tired and didn't feel like going out today?"

I cleared my throat to make it sound more credible.

"Yeah, I just got to go somewhere with Hyorin." I mouthed and took seat on the dresser's chair, pretending to remove my BB cream just to avoid his stairs.

"Hmm." He stood behind me looking at me through the mirror. "I saw the dog you brought earlier. He's adorable." He said brushing his hand up and down my right arm and I stiffened in my place.

"Y-yes we bought it together.." He smiled at me opening the jewelry box on the dresser and took out the necklace he gave me on my birthday.

"Why don't you wear it more often? It would look prettier on you than in this box." He said puttin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter