Open-heartedly

IS THIS MY LIFE? ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

From : Sang Joong

Message : "I'm waiting for you."

I read the message and typed the answer while chewing on my lower lip.

To : Sang Joong

Message: "Ok. I'm on my way."

I shove my phone in my bag and drove my gaze outside the window. Right, I should've been feeling nervous but I felt more nostalgic at that moment, while going down that familiar rode leading to Sang Joong's company. A rode I used to take every day with my dad back when I was a trainee, when everything was perfect and when my life looked more like a life than hell.

I paid the cab driver and walked my way to the restaurant. As soon as I got inside, my eyes unconsciously landed on that special booth where I was surprised to see Sang Joong waving over to me and that was when all the nostalgia went away leaving place to fear and anxiety; the right things I should be feeling in that kind of situation.

"Annyeonghasaeyo." I mumbled while taking seat in front of him.

"You came alone?"

"Yes, my friend had an emergency."

"Hmm, have you been well?"

"Yeah.. and you?"

"Yeah, " He made a brief pause. "I missed you." He let out just when I thought the conversation couldn't get more awkward.

I looked down before speaking.

"You said you had something to tell me?"

"I have a lot to tell you actually... but let's order first." He announced and handed me the menu.

After we told the waitress about our order he loosened his tie and made an introducing cough.

"You know, the first time I saw you with your dad, you were sitting right here in this same chair and I was just a couple of tables behind." He revealed making me confused since to me the first time we met was in his company.

"I was dazzled at the first sight. And who wouldn't?" He smiled at me. "You were like a ray of light; so beautiful, fresh and all smiling... So I kept watching you secretly every day and when I was sure it wasn't just a simple crush I went to your dad and told him about how I felt but he said he couldn't see his only daughter marry someone with such an ." He took a sip of water. "Later when your dad made that mistake in the accounting department, I ..."

"No need to bring it up."

"I know. I know I shouldn't have been that selfish. I wasn't really going to put your dad in jail because of such a small amount of money that meant nothing to the company but I had to give it a try so much I was desperate to have you by my side."

"Stop it, please." I felt my eyes getting teary while listening to him.

"I'm sorry." He placed his hand above mine on the table so I tried to pull it back but he held it in place.

"I'm really sorry. I know I did you wrong, hell I started blaming myself from your first days in the mansion when you didn't look happy at all. But I really loved you, so I did my best to make you love me back." He sighed heavily. "But I genuinely failed. And when I discovered you were cheating on me with Mr. Dong's son I hated myself even more for being that helpless and unable to make you mine... so I completely lost it."

I lowered my head gritting my teeth and thinking about that awful night and the nightmare he made me go through.

"Look at me, please." He tightened his grip on my hand. "Today I didn't come here to make you feel sad, Sandara. Since the day you left me I just kept thinking how I could possibly make you forgive me. I already know that you're not planning on taking any Won from me after the divorce and if I returned you the money your friend gave me you wouldn't accept it; it would be buying your forgiveness as I once tried to buy your heart. Money doesn't move you because you're already precious yourself. I learned it well, but when it was too late."

I was so much focused with him that I jumped a little when I received a message on my phone.

"Uh, one second." I took it out.

From : Jiyong

Message : "Bibimbap or kimchi stew? :D "

I quickly read the message and turned my phone on viber mode before placing it back inside my bag and turning my attention to Sang Joong.

"After the sleepless nights I spent thinking about all this I decided to just sign the divorce papers which will give you the freedom I took away from you ... and meet you someday to seek your forgiveness."

"I... I don't know.." He sure looked sincere with his apologetic words but I wasn't ready to forget all what happened to me because of him so quickly. "That night was probably the worst night of my life and I still get nightmares because of it. I..." He interrupted me.

"I know Sandara, I wasn't expecting you to forgive me so easily either and if you don't ever do it I would still understand."

I could see some wetness in his eyes as he was trying to hide it.

"I didn't say I'll never forgive you, it's just a bit sudden and I wasn't expecting to have this kind of conversation with you when I was coming here. I mean.. I just need more time to recover and.. I don't know if I should be but I'm thankful you at least apologized." I said honestly and he gave me a smile.

He took his time fixing me before speaking.

"I don't know how I could make up for all the pain I caused you. I just want you to know that I'll always be here w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter