li.

Smile, YiXing!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                Jieun blinked her eyes a thousand times, trying to see if she was just seeing a mirage, or that maybe her best friend had this instant plastic surgery while she was asleep. After 30 seconds of debating with herself, Jieun knew she wasn’t dreaming, crazy nor seeing things. She felt Yixing’s warmth across her gown and his beating heart was softly being heard by her. Her hand slowly went up, towards her beloved’s face. Jieun didn’t have time to control her tears as soon as her fingertips traced his smooth cheeks. Drawing a breath, she let her tears out, the happiness could not be expressed into any words that she could only stay there and hold him in her hands.

“Yixing… Yixing… Yixing…” Jieun said over and over. Her vision became blurry with tears, as she grasped this lovely moment. Then she felt a movement behind her back and in no time, Yixing was already caressing her hair so gently. “There there Jieun,” he whispered, trying to brave and to stop his tears at the same time, “…don’t cry please?”

“But.. we n-need to ta-lk,” she croaked. Hugging her closer to him, Yixing answered, “We will honey, when you wake up.” He kissed her forehead softly. “I’ll be here again the next time you wake up okay?”

Though she still wanted to argue, Jiuen couldn’t help that fact that he was right. She was still feeling sleepy and she still needed some rest after the fever she had from last night. So all she could do was nod at his request and stick her pinky finger and said, “Promise?” Yixing smiled and latched his on hers and said, “I promise.” And with those words she went back to her slumber.

Jieun awoke with a startle. Her room was so dark, she came to understand that maybe her dad took the liberty to turn her lights off because that how she always likes it. As usual the monotonous beeping sound of the machine next to her was echoing throughout her room, when she hurriedly apprehended the events that had happened before. Her outstretched arms tried to search for any signs of warmth, a hand, anything that told her that what happened earlier wasn’t a dream. But it broke her heart, but all she could feel was nothing.

Yixing did come to her, but as always, only in her dreams.

 

Yixing didn’t plan on leaving Jieun at a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter