xxxv.

Smile, YiXing!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Luhan's POV

Dreams.

For ordinary people, they dream of countless different ones. These scenarios from their subconscious, that appear every night. For me, it was a different story then. Lately I’ve been getting the same dream and in the end, I always wake up, panting with the fragments of my trance still caught inside my head.

Just like any other night, I was stuck in the same old dream. In this dream I was running from something I’ve never seen before. In the dim hallways of my old school I kept running, dragging my foot heavily as I tried to escape something I have no idea of.

Seeing the same familiar doorway, I quickly dashed for it. The place of full of bookshelves, that when you look up, you could never see the top of it. I ducked for the nearest one and hid myself at the edge hoping that it was enough to conceal me.

Glancing to my side, I was greeted by the same woman. No matter how much my dream replays every night, she’s the only person I’d always see. She’s the woman who haunts me every night, with her brown orbs that grew vivid and that bushy black hair she still had before that was all over the place. The woman from my middle school

IU.

We stared at each other, until we heard some noises from outside; reflexively I placed my finger on my lips, signaling for her to keep silent. And with that, just like every other night, my dream ended, with her giving me a small smile and saying, “Don’t worry, I’ll save you.”

I woke up with my eyes fluttering and finally focusing on the familiar blue color of my ceiling. I was panting, and trying to compose my breathing. It happened again.

There’s sheen of sweat on my forehead, but I made no move to wipe it off. Instead, I stood up and groggily tried to reach the kitchen as I try to recollect my thoughts once more.

Taking a glass of water, I chugged almost half of it. I sat by the kitchen island, propping my arms crossed on the marble top and placed my chin in between them, covering half of my face.

Of course, the dream was also something he was so known with. As soon as I saw Jieun, who was confessing to my own best friend at that time, it quickly came to me her familiarity. After a few days, I finally realized that she was the woman who ‘saved’ me during my middle school.

I sighed and revisited the cherished memory again.

It happened three days before winter break. Just like Yixing, I was also popular during my middle school years. Every day I’d received confession and love letters, that there were times that my shoe locker can barely close. One afternoon, I was being chased by a few of my suitors, who kept asking me to go hang out with them. Unlike Yixing who coldly rejects his ‘females’ I was a bit soft-hearted that rather than rejecting I choose to avoid them.

But that time wasn’t like any other. Instead the girls, who kept following me, persisted for me to go out. Seeing I  has no choice, I ran as fast as I could, shunning them away with every fiber, as I tried to have a fast plan on where to hide. And with the first doorway I saw, I speedily raced to it, and sat on the floor, hiding from the women.

And just like his dream, I saw her there, for the first time. Sitting on the floor, leaning against one of the bookshelf, she was reading one of the foreign authors that I know of. Her lips slightly parted, as she gawked at me, shock at my sudden appearance.

I couldn’t grasp the strange feeling he had, but that day, I felt my heart race for the first time, and felt fluttering in my stomach as soon as she smiled and said, “Don’t worry, I’ll save you.”

“Ah.. Ye-yes,” I stuttered, unable to compose himself anymore.

After that, we talked and talked that I barely remembered the things we talked about, but one thing is for sure, I remembered that warm happy feeling I had, when I was talking to her. For the remainder of two days, I would go back to the library, and find her at the same place and reading the same book. And every time we talk, I'd have the same fluttery feeling.

Vacation came, and I've never even got her name. I was too lost in his happy bubble, that never in my mind, did it cross that it’ll be the last time I’d see her.

Months before graduation, I’d search for her, even pestering the librarian, asking if he’d seen her. Every after school, I’d camp in front of the library, waiting for her. But even at the last day of graduation, she wasn’t there. I felt sad, seeing how my three day ‘love affair’ ended rather quickly.

And then high school came.

I already moved on from her, but one faithful day, I saw her, confessing to my best friend. It was the worst punch line ever.

I sighed heavily. How unfortunate it was to see another woman I love falling in love with my best friend. I groaned, “I have such bad luck huh?” Then the same situation between Yixing and Fei came into mind, making me cringe even more. Walking back to my room, a stupid plan formed into mind. Maybe I should just go away from Yixing, so that woman would find me more attractiv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter