xxiii.

Smile, YiXing!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She’d never gone back.

Days went on, and IU never set foot on the practice room, to make it more accurate, she mentally rewired her brain, and remembered to have a 15 meter radius of distance away from it. She’d never even exchanged words from any one from them other than Tao since, a) She’s still seatmates with him, b) She still sees him as a friend and c) Ignoring him is quite difficult, since his cutesy cutesy puppy-dog eyes were always unleashed.

They always have the occasional playful banter and teasing, but she’d be lying if Tao never asked him once about coming back. Scratch that, a thousand times to be exact. Though every time he’d ask her, the woman could only shrugged her shoulders and divert her gaze. Sometimes she’d just change the topic in a spur.

How could she even tell him why she can never come back? That it was because of Yixing. That she wanted to end her suffering, and try to move on. How?

For the last couple of days, she’d been trying to carry on with her so called life. She had been sorting out her feelings and thankfully, her body and mind was complying. Every day she’d tell herself, like a mantra, that this dim-witted emotions are nothing but futile. She couldn’t waste her time, loving the same on, for another three years. It was just foolish… It was… It was… all lies.

These empty words she kept telling herself, doesn’t seem to embed inside her skull. Instead of moving on, she only suffered more… missing him more.

She just missed him so bad.

On days that she needed another shot of her addiction, she’d ‘occasionally’ passed by the room, hoping to see the man. There were times when she absentmindedly plays the chords of Yixing’s songs. Daydreaming of her and him in the practice room filled her. Even her dreams were evaded by the man.

She just couldn’t stop.

Her feelings of love are always overflowing.

No one could put a cork on her stupid heart.

Not even Jin.

 

“Hey, you okay?” Jin asked the woman who had already left him in her thoughts a little while ago. It was lunch, and as always they were hanging out by the flowerbeds in the school garden. He had been telling her about the funny encounters he had with his little brother, but instead of laughing, she was again lost in her thoughts.

“Oh?” She said as her eyes snapped back to reality. “Yes,” she answered, still looking daze. “What were we talking about again?”

Jin shook his said smilingly. “Nothing really, are you sure you’re okay?”

IU gave him an answering nod.

“Really?” He asked dubiously. “You’ve been spacing out on me, for the last five minutes. Are you sure there’s nothing wrong?” He asked, his tone laced with anxiety.

“Yes, dad!” She said, emphasizing on the last word. Though his thoughtfulness was sweet, it was annoying for her to know that he was slightly at the edge of paranoia.

Jin could only laugh at her sarcasm. For the few days he had been with her, he already figured when she was joking and when she was not. It was very easy to read her mood. Especially for him, since he wanted nothing but to understand the woman he dearly loves. Stretching out his long legs, he leaned in closer to IU. “I’m sorry, but you know, I’m always here for you, yes?” He said gently. “IU?”

Surprised by his distance, she slightly pushed him away. Pinching his nose in revenge, “Yes yes, I know,” she grumbled in return.

Ruffling her bangs, “Hey, I’m going to get some drinks, be right back, okay?”

“Yes yes,” and watched as the man walked back inside the hallways.

Thinking that she was all alone again, she heard slightly heavy footsteps, and the sound of leaves rustling as the stranger comes closer to her. Glancing to her side, she was greeted by pair of familiar caramel-colored eyes that belonged only to Luhan.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter