xlii.

Smile, YiXing!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finally, Jieun and the rest of the Prince 4 have already started their last Christmas break of their last year in high school, but instead of going out often with the others, Jieun remained holed up inside her room, sinking away into her depression. Just like how she reacted with Jin, she was also deeply affected when Luhan left, but this time, it was worse. Luhan wasn’t only one of her cherished friends, he was this one special guy she holds so dearly in her heart. He was this guy, who loved her, and cared for her, and became unnoticed. For Jieun, she also owed so much to him.

She was lying on her one afternoon, when a knock came at the door. Telling the person to come in, she heard the door open, and was ready to heed to whatever her father was about to say, but instead she was surprised, when she felt a weight at the other side of the bed, and a hand was immediately draped across her waist. “How are you?” The sweet slightly baritone voice of her boyfriend, rang in her hear.

Jieun snuggled close to him, and intertwined her fingers, with Yixing’s. “I’m alright,” she answered briefly. After only having a 10 minute phone call from Luhan, she was back into her feelings of longing and sadness. But guilt was also washed over her, when she realized how much her emotions were also affecting Yixing, and also her body. As soon as vacation started, she was stricken with the flu, and Yixing has been visiting her for the last two days. She groaned in disappointment, “Being sick and sad doesn’t go well together,” she told herself mentally.

“Are you sure?” He asked his voice full of concern, as he rested his head on the crook of her neck. He had been worried for her after Luhan left, and when he received a text saying she was sick, Yixing immediately got worried and rushed over to her in the early hours of morning.

“Yes Yixing,” she said. “Didn’t I tell you not to worry? My fever has gone down a little, and I don’t want to ruin your vacation,” she pouted childishly.

“You’re not ruining my vacation,” he answered nicely. “You’re actually making it a lot more interesting, instead of having fun, I’d rather stay here and take care of you,” he whispered sweetly against her hair. Jieun felt heart beat faster than usual, and her cheeks definitely got warmed by Yixing’s sweet words. Now Jieun felt like, she shouldn’t allow him to go out anymore.

Turning, she faced her boyfriend, and placed her palms against her chest. She gazed up to his eyes, and stared at him lovingly, “God, I feel lucky.” She beamed from ear to ear.

Yixing smiled back at her, and gently brushed his girlfriend’s cheek. “I feel luckier.. did you really loved me ever since middle school?”

She nodded, “Does it sound impossible?”

Yixing gave him a h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter