xlviii.

Smile, YiXing!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

That night all of the EXO members gathered in the living room. Shock, distress and curiosity were all displayed on their faces as they eyed the yellow enveloped that was laid in the middle of the coffee table. Though it looked harmful as an ant, the members still threw worried looks, like it was a snake about to attack.

Jongin was busy looking through his stuff when he found the letter. Thinking it was probably a fan love letter, he was quite baffled as the clean white paper only contained two sentences, only talking about a stranger named Jieun. Jongin thought long and deep about the name, but was momentarily forgotten when Kyungsoo called him out for dinner. The topic was brought out again, when they talked about the fans’ gifts, and with Jongin mentioning the name, both his Kris-hyung and Tao stopped eating and jumped out from their seats. They frantically searched for the letter and rushed to Yixing’s room.

In no time, Suho called for an emergency meeting, as they talked about the recent whereabouts of their friend’s missing girlfriend. But after the passing of thirty minutes, none of the boys talked. The silence was eating all of them, having felt the responsibility of being the leader; Suho was the first one to break the silence. “So what are you going to do Yixing?” He asked, focusing the man who was seated in between Luhan and Jongin. 

What was he supposed to do? Even Yixing didn’t have an answer. After all the commotion and revelation in matter of an hour, all he could do was sit and stare at the minute thing. Never in his two years of waiting, did he expect that his answers would fit in 5 inch paper, with only two sentences written in it.

Lee Jieun is in Seoul SKY Hospital. Please come, she needs you Zhang Yixing.

Those small words, that held everything that Yixing wanted. It rewind in his head, over and over like a film. His beloved was in a hospital. Finally he had an answer. Then something clicked in his mind, if she was really in the hospital, “Then what the hell am I still doing here?” He asked himself mentally. 

Yixing was about to stand up, when Luhan seized his arm. “Where are you going?” He asked in Korean.

“Hospital,” he answered. Yixing asked himself why his best friend still needed to ask him this, when it was what he wanted to do for over two years already. Swatting his hand away, he tried to stand again, when Luhan pulled his shirt. Irritated by his actions, Yixing threw him a glare, but Luhan could only shake his head.

Yixing was about to ask him why, when Suho butted in the conversation. “You can’t go Yixing,” he said so sternly, but his eyes weren’t meeting with his friend.

“Why can’t I?” He asked, getting angry and frustrated with all of their disagreeing faces. “Guys, I finally have an answer,” he said with so much delight as he eyes each and every one of them. “I finally found her, and I want nothing right now but to rush to this hospital and see her. You of all people know what I went through, so why act like this now?”

Waiting for an answer, it was Kris so spoke. “You can’t go Yixing,” he said with so much authorization, like the leader he was known for.

“And why the hell is that?” He growled. Yixing couldn’t comprehend why they were all acting like this. Didn’t they want him to have a happy ending? Or maybe even closure?

“Because a lot of things happened in the span of two years,” Kris answered as calmly as possible. Though he wanted nothing but for them to reunite, he knew being a responsible leader was what he needed to be. “You weren’t just a man who waited Yixing, but you also debuted as a member of EXO. And with that, it came responsibilities and an image to uphold,” he explained. “So you can’t go Yixing.”

“He’s right hyung,” Baekhyun said, hoping his friend understood what he was about to say. “We have fans now. Thousands of eyes are looking at us, and one wrong move might be the end of us twelve. What’s worse is, we’re rookies hyung, it’ll be bad in our image.”

“BWO?!” He exclaimed. “I can just go there and say I visited a friend,” he said, feeling ridiculous by all their paranoia and anxiety.

“No matter how simple that lie is, it doesn’t always end up good hyung,” Kyungsoo said. “In whatever angle, a worried looking idol searching for someone in an hospital isn’t a great headline for tomorrow’s morning pap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter