xlix.

Smile, YiXing!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The image was still etched inside his head. How the man’s arms was placed on the back of her head, and she was snuggling close to his chest. They laid like couples in the movies, while Jieun’s face looked peaceful against the stranger’s arms. For a second, Yixing thought that the man might be her dad, but he looked too buff to be him, so in the end, the inevitable hurtful truth came to him that night. Jieun had someone else.

He tried to stay firm, even though inside his whole world had just collapsed right in front of him. In all honesty, he didn’t expect that their reunion –if it even was- was going to be like this. Hurtful. Too see her in another’s man’s arms bore him too much pain. Tears started to fall that night and Yixing made no move to even wipe his tears.

His heart that was barely alive, died quickly as Yixing watched the couples more and more. How the other man shifted more when Jieun did, how his fingers tucked her hair, and when he kissed her forehead, it broke him to pieces. It was too much for him to admit that they looked great together, and it hurt him more how it wasn’t him who was doing that. How he never even had the chance to do so.

In the end, Yixing made a decision that night, he was going to forget her. Seeing her now, peaceful and maybe happy in another man’s arms made him realize that Jieun was already in safe arms. Right now, he doesn’t even feel anger towards her. Yixing was going to bless them, pray for them to be happy. And with his broken heart, he turned his heel and walked away… walked away from himself who waited for two years.

 

“Is Yixing-hyung okay?” Sehun whispered to Baekhyun as they were seating on the backseat, travelling to their next schedule.

“Waeyo? Did something happen?” Baekhyun asked worriedly.

“He looked all strange and smiling,” the maknae answered back, while he text his Luhan-hyung.

“Is that bad?” But instead of Baekhyun answering, Suho cut into their conversation.

“Not really,” the eldest said. “But after the whole commotion we had about the letter and his ex-girlfriend, it is strangely weird how he still haven’t visited her at all, nor even pushed the managers to let him go to the hospital.”

It was true, after reading the letter, they all went to bed that night, and woke up the next day, to find Yixing busily making them breakfast. Gone was the serious Yixing they saw just hours ago, and the topic wasn’t brought up again. Even after days, they never talked about the letter.

“Maybe he came to his senses,” Kai said. “You know, about the possibility of it turning into one of our fans’ crazy plans.”

“Or maybe Jieun was already insignificant to him after all,” Kyungsoo said to them.

But Chanyeol shook his head. “No I don’t think so. Yixing-hyung isn’t like that. We know him. He loves her dearly, something must have happened,” he said so sternly. Not knowing what to answer anymore, the whole van went quite. They didn’t know all too well about the complexities of Yixing’s high school love affair. For what they know, he was in love with a girl named Jieun who disappeared a few years ago. Other than that simple fact, they may never know what happened, and what will happen, and they could only wait for what the future brings the couple.

 

As always, Luhan was busy searching for his best friend, armed with 6 beer cans and some snacks, he wondered along the rehearsal rooms of S.M Entertainment. And after ten minutes of walking and asking people, he finally saw him on the third floor dance room, panting, as he was practicing their History routine. Unceremoniously he opened the door, and his friend didn’t even seem to notice him because he was too busy dancing.

Having only the perfect move to have his attention, Luhan moved to the other side of the room, and pressed the turned the speakers off. Yi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter