xxxiv.

Smile, YiXing!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Woah! Woah! Either I’m dreaming or all of this is an illusion,” Jin remarked out of nowhere as he caught IU holding hands with Yixing. Astonished, she quickly let go of his hand, looking guilty of something she shouldn’t of.

“Jin,” she squealed.

“Hey,” he grunted, waving at the two of them. Yixing only answered him with a small smile.

“We need to talk,” IU said, giving Yixing a glance. Contemplating for a while, Yixing eventually nodded and gave the other man a hard long stare before leaving the two. He knew, that even Jin hold a special place in her heart.

“Clearly we do,” he answered smugly as her boyfriend was out of the range. IU pulled him to the back of the school, and maneuvered to the garden and sat at their usual bench.

Slumping at the edge, Jin crossed her arms, while IU settled near him. Clearly not waiting for anything, Jin spoke, “So finally, you and him huh?”He asked, cocking his eyebrows.

She nodded. “Yah, finally.”

He snorted. “And you forgot to tell me?”

She turned to face him, and her face looked crestfallen as Jin only looked at him with a mean face. “Look I’m sorry,” she said raising her hands up for emphasis. “I didn’t mean it, I should’ve told you sooner-“

“But you were loss into the overwhelming bliss given by him,” he cut her words, ending his sentence with a leer. IU could only slap him playfully on the shoulder. Jin was one of the rare people she could hit and still act comfortable about it. Hell his mouth needs fixing, she told herself as a reason.

“Shut up,” she groaned in annoyance.

“Tch,” he made a sound. “You know I’m right anyways.”

“Okay okay fine,” she frowned. “I was too happy to even remember to call you okay? I’m sorry,” she crossed her arms and leaned on the bench. “I’m sorry okay?”

“And I’m glad.”

“That you’re punishing me?!” She yelped in abhorrent as she heard his remark.

“Yes that, ‘cause I like watching you grovel,” he said so sarcastically, again earning another hit from the woman. “No that you’re happy Jieun,” he beamed and this time, he did genuinely felt glad for her. The times of her crying and broken hearts have finally ended. The man was already in her arms, and he knows that IU would cherish her until she can.

“Really?” She asked, looking a bit teary from what he just said. Him and Tao. Two people she’d promise to herself to treasure the most. And just like what she did with Tao she scooted over and hugged him. Snuggling into his chest, and she felt his hand on her back.

“Yes Jieun, really,” he chuckled.

“Thanks,” she said heavily. “Thanks a lot.

“Yes Miss Snotty. Anytime,” he said as he hugged her back.

 

When the weekend started, IU was awakened by a surprised she’d never even expected. The woman was sleeping through noon she’s she’d been up all night finishing her History paper and Math homework. Unaware, her surprise visitor has already barged into the door, ready to wake the slumbering princess. Out of nowhere, IU felt like she was being shaken by an unknown form. “Wake up IU! Wake up now!” The stranger screamed at her. Seeing the flickering of her eyes, the person continued with her actions. In no time, IU was blinking her eyes, and focused on the person. She was surprised that her face was already 10 inches away from a beaming Fei.

“Argh!” She cried, as she staggered back to her bed, away from the woman.

“Good morning,” she greeted so naturally, as if nothing was wrong.

Fresh from the bath, hair combed and properly dressed, IU went down, and found Fei talking with her father.

“Good afternoon IU,” his father smiled and placed her lunch on the counter.

“Hey dad,” she smiled back and greeted Fei, as she took her plate and started eating.

“Ohhh! I forgot, Yixing said you’re Korean,” she said. “And I understood what he just said, it was ‘Good afternoon,’ am I right?” She asked excitedly.

IU nodded. “How did you know that?”

“We vacationed in South Korea last summer,” she answered. “Wait lemme try,” she cleared and straightened her back. “Annyeong haseyo, je ireumnun Fei-imnida,” she said so proudly, that IU gave her a thumbs up, while her dad clapped in unison. “Yey!” She said raising her hands in glee.

“Okay, I’m going upstairs,” Her father said, putting a kiss on her forehead. “Tell me if you kids need anything.”

“Sure dad,” IU answered as she went back to the last bits of her lunch.

“You’re dad is cool,” Fei praised as she took a sip of her orange juice.

“Yea,” IU answered. “Until he started talking about the most embarrassing things about me,” she grunted, remembering the last time she brought friends, making Fei laugh.

“I think every parent is that way,” Fei retaliated.

“Sure, so what brings you here and deliberately stealing my alarm’s function?” She asked, raising her eyebrows in suspicion. Of course, she never even dreamed of Fei surprising her, since a) She never even knew where her house was and b) IU may not have a good memory but she sure knows she haven’t told Fei her address, or maybe Fei was some creepy stalker. Other than that, she could only blame one of the Prince 4 for this.

“I came to help you get ready,” she answered.

“For what?”

“For the party later.”

“Who’s party?” She asked curious, not remembering an invitation being sent. Either that never happened or her memory’s getting a little flakey.

“Yours and Yixing,” she replied.

“Why?”

“Because the two of you are in your first ever relationship, so we might as well celebrate for good luck,” she explained. Actually, Fei felt a little saddened that she didn’t immediately knew about them dating, but nevertheless, she felt happy about her best friend and IU, and for her, a party is a must.

She groaned, is there was one thing she dislikes, it was party. Mainly because dressing up was something she didn’t like. Make-up and dresses just wasn’t her forte. “Can’t we just let this go, and not jinx it,” she said, half-hopping for Fei to cancel the party.

“Nu uh,” she shook her head firmly. “I already told the guys. Look it’s just us guys an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter