xxxi.

Smile, YiXing!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He ran.

As soon as he saw her being pulled by the man, he bolted towards them, as fast as he could. He couldn’t even understand why, but his legs quickly reacted to the situation. Catching up, he saw them enter the music room. As his hand stopped at the door knob, he froze and asked himself, What am I doing? Why was he chasing them? What in the world was he thinking of?

“Yixing,” a familiar voice woke him out of reverie and immediately his hand let go of the knob. His body turned, only to meet Fei’s half-surprised and half-displeased face. Right at the moment, he walked out on her. He stride faster and left the woman feeling even more worried.

“Yixing,” she called down the hall as she tried to catch up with him, but it only made him be eager to escape her. Finally stopping in an empty classroom, he faced the window, hands in pockets with his eyes, staring at the cloudy skies. Even the weather seems to agree, with my baffled heart, he said to himself.

“Yixing,” Fei said, announcing her presence. She panted, as she tried to catch herself and composed herself. “Wheew! Running in heels, not any easy task,” she said calmly.

“Leave me alone Fei,” he said uncaringly, with his back, facing her.

“No,” she answered firmly, stomping his foot on the ground. Hearing her disagreement, Yixing could only groan in annoyance as she remained looking outside the window. “Let’s talk.”

“No,” he answered her curtly.

“Yes we should! Why did you chase her?” She asked.

“Reflex,” he lied smoothly, because the man himself couldn’t comprehend why he even did that, and right now, for him, lying is the only way to escape it. “She has a bad record with a bully, that’s why.”

“You’re lying Yixing,” she said, not even believing every word he said.

“No I’m not,” he insisted.

“Yes you are,” she argued but her expression softened as she said the next words. “You’re in love with her Yixing, but you kept denying that to yourself.”

“No I’m not. I’m not denying anything, nor am I in love with Jieun,” he said firmly, getting angrier at her interrogation.

“God! Yixing stopped being so stubborn,” she chuckled as she approached him nearer. “You do, because I see the way you look at her, and it’s the way you look at me before,” she explained, giving him a sad smile.

“I-I-I love her, don’t I?” he asked and turned to look at Yixing. As she bobbed her head in agreement, he felt enlightened. It was like a part of him was uncovered by Fei. Like the clouds have already disappeared and finally realized what he really was feeling.

He was in love with her. For months, he had been harboring feelings, for IU. Fei was right, he was denying his feelings because of his own confusion.

“But I’m scared Fei. What if she doesn’t love me back? What if by loving her I forget about you?” he asked.

Fei laughed, for once she came to follow how much she missed the naïve old Yixing, she knew and love. “I see the way she looks at you, and I’m positive she’s crazy about you too.”

“Really?” Looking surprised at the revelation she just said.

“Affirmative,” she beamed. “I’m surprised you didn’t know about this any sooner.”

“Hmmm…” He stalled, biting his lip in embarrassment as he came to appreciate something. “Actually I did, Luhan said it, and she confessed to me before,” he said and the next thing he knew, Fei was slapping his shoulders.

“Yixing! So stupid! YOU CRAZY BASTARD!!” She yelped, as he continued hitting him.

“Sorry…” he persisted on apologizing as he tried to defend himself from her. With one last hit, he caught her. “I’m sorry okay?”

“Tch,” she pouted.

“But thanks Fei,” he said as he wrapped his arms around his best friend. “Thanks for making me realize how much of stupid I was.”

“Anytime Yixing,” she said, returning his hug. “I miss you by the way.”

“I miss you too.”

 

LISTEN TO THIS BEFORE READING! A MUST! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCNPs3RQJhc

 

Later that day, IU was pacing along with Jin, when someone caught her hand. Glancing at the perpetrator, she couldn’t hide the shoc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter