Yixing Birthday Special Chapter - 1 (xxvii)

Smile, YiXing!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Purple - Korean

---

“Jieun.. Jieun…” A voice broke out in the silence, disturbing a woman in dazed. She blinked twice, finally taking notice of the person beside her. Her eyes adjusted, and focused at the frowning man. Raising his eyebrows, he looked at her questioningly.

“Sorry,” she could only mumbled in return, as she sat straight in her seat, as if she was a student, who just caught of doing something.

He scoffed. “Normally, a person would ask, what’s up? But with you, it’s a different story,” he said in a smug tone.

She could only smile embarrassingly, as her friend points out, that one habit she will forever have. Daydreaming. Ever since, it was something that Jin’s notices about her, it became a part of their routine, that even Jin doesn’t pester her anymore. On good days, she’d tell him, sometimes, she keeps shut. But this time, it was different. Her thoughts were full of Yixing. To cut it short, it was basically about the recent interview he had.

The revelation he said. That girl who inspired her to play… The woman inside the music room… The one with the sweet voice… IT WAS HER. Lee Jieun, is the mystery girl from his middle school. But after hearing such fact, she didn’t even do anything. Instead she stood there, watching the interview, feeling numb about everything else. She just didn’t know how to tell him, after all the things they’ve been through, the woman didn’t feel that telling him the truth is the best option. And going up to him and saying it to him directly, isn’t the smoothest way to go either. In the end, she kept shut and, let it go.

Nothing would change anyway. He would still be in love with a girl. That strange girl from his past that he promised to love forever.

“So are you going?” He asked, breaking the silence again. His back leaned backwards, and his eyes ambiguously stared at the ceiling.

“Where?”

He replied with an astonished look on his face. Disbelief washed across his expression, as she stared at her. “I can’t believe this.”

“What?!” She asked, looking annoyed at his tone.

“Today’s the day they compete to the regionals,” he explained.

“Oh.”

He laughed darkly. “Whatever it is you were thinking, it must be something big, for it to let you forget something like this,” remarking at her forgetfulness.

“Tch,” she grimaced at his remark. “Whatever it is, I’m not telling you anways,” she stuck her tongue out playfully. “Either ways, I’m not going,” she said, uncaringly.

“Really?” Getting more surprised at how strange she was acting.

She nodded. “What’s the point? We’d hear about it next week. And being there, doesn’t change anything. As if my mere presence would make them win.”

His eyes grew wide, faltering back, “Who are you? And what did you do to Jieun?!” He said, feigning his worried look. The woman could only laugh at him, and playfully hit his shoulder. “YAH! Stop it!”

He could only laugh at her, until the bell ring. He stood up, hands inside his pockets, and his gaze towards the woman.  “I’m going then,” he said to her. “I’ll see you later.” She was about to say the same, when Jin did something that made her froze up. He brushed up her bangs, and planted a soft kiss on her forehead. “That’s your punishment for blanking out again,” he said in amusement, as he chuckled on how she was unresponsive at his advance. “I’ll see you later,” he whispered to her, before leaving the woman who was very much in shock about what happened.

 

The day went on, and IU forgot, about what happened during lunch. For her, it was nothing but Jin teasing her again. As she approached her locker, she could hear t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter