xxxii

Smile, YiXing!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jieun? Jieun!” Yixing called out her name, waving his hand in front of her. “Earth to Jieun!” He yelped, snapping his fingers.

Blinking her eyes into focus, she quickly apologized to the man. “Sorry. Spacing out, happens a lot,” she explained, remembering the times when Jin had the same problem with her.

“What are you thinking about anyways?” He asked, as he drank some of his fruit juice.

“Errrr..” she stalled, because honestly, telling him was very much mortifying. Jin was different, though Yixing was special, Jin got used to her quirky thoughts and love problems, right now her and Yixing were testing the waters. Neverthless, seeing that he has the right to know anyways, she answered, “Everything still feels surreal.”

“Everything?” He asked, cocking his eyebrows. “You mean lunch? ‘Cause the fact that the canteen sold curry for lunch shocks me too,” he joked, making IU laughed out loud. IU couldn’t believe it, who knew even Yixing could make jokes? Cute. 

“Partly yes,” she answered, as she took a mouthful of curry. “But mostly, it’s because of you.. and this.. and us being together,” she answered, giving a sideway glimpse at the man.

He frowned. “You never thought of us being together?” Not that he was boasting, but knowing how she had feelings for him way before, it came as a shock to him, that she didn’t expect any of this. Was she thinking of being with someone else? Suddenly the image of Jin came into his mind.

“At first I did,” she answered honestly. “But after getting rejected,” she paused, giving him a smirk. “And endless trying to be with you, I kinda gave up on that thought,” she explained, hoping that it was enough to answer his question.

“Sorry,” he mumbled as he leaned against her shoulders, shocking the woman. “I should’ve not done that.”

“Well, you know what they say, we all need a least a little drama in our life,” she answered, trying to lighten up the mood. She leaned on the top of his head. “Even with that much waiting and I’m still in love with you, Jin was right you are lucky,” she sighed outwardly.

“And I’m not wasting that luck anymore,” he said sweetly as he scooted over her. “I love you.”

She flushed, and was thanking the whole world, that Yixing wasn’t looking at her. She was really never going to get used to this. Hearing him say it, over and over again, would always make her heart beat and face blushed. And before she could even answer, Tao came barging in, with a straw in his mouth. Catching the scene, Yixing tilted his head upward and casually leaned against the wall and the two of them, composing themselves. 

“Is something wrong?” He asked, looking suspiciously at the pair. 

“Nothing,” they both said in chorused, giving each other a secretive smile. 

“Hm?” And he pouted his lips dubiousness. “Did you guys make up?”

“Hm-mm,” IU nodded, and subtly Yixing’s hand intertwined with hers. IU gave him a sideway glance, and the man only answered him with a grin.

“Oh, that’s good then. Let there be peace on Earth!” He beamed and just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter