xxxvi.

Smile, YiXing!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Blue = English

Purple = Korean

LUHAN'S POV

I said the words, but the first thing she did was push me away. I was hurt by what she did, but seeing it was just the right reaction, I kept my mouth shut and watch her stood beside my bed. She paced back and forth, muttering something in her native tongue, looking more and more distraught.

“Jieun…” I said quietly, trying to ease the tension and her worry.

“No,” she said, raising her tone a little, as she threw me a glower. Her arms were on her waist, and she looked serious and angry as ever. “Can’t be! Andwe! No! It-t  just can’t be!” She said as she paced once more, brushing a hand on her hair, frowning her eyebrows.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered sadly. I didn’t know why I was apologizing, did me loving her is a sin? But seeing how my confession made her distress, apologizing was the only thing I could say that moment.

She shook her head again, “You can’t Luhan, I’m with Yixing now.”

“I know that,” I answered. “But I can’t sit and still and act like nothing’s wrong with me, when in the back of my mind, I kept asking what if, you fell in love with me, and not him,” I said defensively.

She looked at me, appalled by the words I said. She approached me, “But I love Yixing, I always had, and I always will,” she emphasized on every word, and every word stabbed me like a knife, twisted into the very last corner of my already bleeding heart.

“You can’t know that,” I argued stubbornly. “You’ve never really given yourself to move on, and try to forget him! I’m here Jieun!” I said, as I roughly held her arms. “And I know I’m better than Yixing, because I’ll never make you cry,” I said desperately begging her to love me back.

She slowly pushed my hands away. Moving a few steps backward, I saw how she was so close to tears again. Her hands were clenched deep, while she looked at me trembling, “I love him Luhan, and you know, of all people, how much I tried to forget him. You know that!”

“No, we both know you’re lying,” I insisted as I tried to go near her. “But you’ve really never given yourself a chance. IU, the only way to get over an old love is to found a new one, but you never even did that. Instead you glued yourself to Yixing, and became unable to see me, loving you,” I said. I was done being the good guy, I want her, and this time, I want to get her back.  But seeing how she was slowly retreated to your door, it seemed like she wasn’t having the same thought as me.

“No, just no Luhan,” she said so firmly and before I could even answer, she already opened the door and hurriedly left me broken.

 

Monday came and I’ve never seen her. I kept texting her, telling her my apologies and begged her to give us a chance to talk about it, but sadly she never even replied. Calling her was also unsuccessful since I was either rejected or redirected to her voice mail.

When lunch came, I saw my best friend, walking towards me with a curious look on his face. I was to ask him what’s wrong when he beat me into it and asked me, “What happened between you and IU?”

“Why? Did she tell you something?” I asked, slightly nervous about this, but whatever consequence my confession brought me, I told myself, I’ll never regret it.

Yixing shook his head. “Nothing really, but when I asked her about you, she just shrugged her shoulders and shifted the topic,” he explained. “Do you want to tell me something I should know about?”

Yes, I confessed to your girlfriend, I said subconsciously, but I merely smiled at him, and shook my head. “Nothing really, I did something as a joke, but I guess it went way too far,” I lied smoothly.

“Tch,” my best friend made a face. “You and your pranks, sometimes, I forget you’re older than me and Tao,” he said.

“Age isn’t an indicator of maturity you know?” I shot back at him.

“So you’re saying you’re immature then?” He laughed at my unpleasant face. “Anyways, fix it okay? Jin’s already left, and if she quarrels with you and Tao, I don’t think she’d make it. Okay?”

“Yes yes,” I answered nonchalantly as I walk off, before I could tell him what happened between me and his girlfriend over the weekend.

 

“What the hell is going?!” She cried as soon as her eyes were set on both Yixing and mine. It was Friday, and this was the first time I’ve seen her in days. Even with that unpleasant look on her face, I was very much happy to see her.

“Jieun,” Yixing said warningly. “Don’t, I made him come here.”

“Because?” She asked, raising her eyebrows.

“Luhan was badgering me to find him a tutor in English, and I thought of you,” My best friend said brightly. Yes I was indeed looking for someone, but I never expected that he’d point me to IU’s house.  But even with his smile, his girlfriend could only frown and left the two of us. “Wait for me here,” he said as he chased her to the kitchen.

I knew they were discussing about this, and at the moment, I felt a bit u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter