xxiv.

Smile, YiXing!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He lingered on the doorway, stopping at a 10 feet distance, as he watches the woman, who lazily played with the piano keys. Even without words, her aura was full of dejection. Seeing her cry yesterday, Jin was put in a puddle of emotions, not knowing how to feel about the situation.

Upset? Since the woman he dearly love was pouring her tears out for her dearest friends?

Useless? Since he couldn’t even think of anything to make her feel better?

Or disappointed? Because even his mere presence wasn’t enough to replace the pain she was going through?

Looking at her, everything about her looked so foreign for him. Those lips… those lips that curved into an unfamiliar frown, that he wasn’t use of seeing. He still remembers the day he first met her. That eventful afternoon, when her smile completely captivated, the man right in the spot. Now he barely sees her sunny personality, just like her friends, he also wants IU back, the IU who he saw in that library.

“How long have you been standing there?” Her fingers ceased, her eyebrows cocking to the side, as she waited for him to answer.

“A few minutes ago,” he replied as he swayed the plastic bag in front of her. “I brought fooood!”

Her pink lips formed a pout, “He? Why didn’t you come in then?”

“Because I’m enjoying the view,” he flirted as he approached the piano.

“Tsk,” she retorted, and her upper lip curled up in sarcasm. He knew this is one of her quirky responses whenever he tries to flirt or . He’s betting half his life, that none of her friends notice her mannerism.

Taking a step further, he took the empty seat beside her, careful enough to put enough distance between the two of them. He settled the red plastic bag he had on the top of the piano, and his eyes shifted to her. It saddens him to see the frown back on her face.

“You okay?” He asked. Yesterday was very much emotional for her, and today is yet the time she needed to let her emotions out, and lighten herself.

“Hm.”

Clasping her shoulders, he startled her. Heaving a sigh of relief, “Finally I got your attention. WAKE UP IU!” He said his voice 5 decibels louder.

“I’m sorry,” she murmured. Jin took notice of how her face changed, and became more vulnerable. “I’ve just got a lot on my mind Jin.”

“Like that even surprised me,” he answered dryly, earning a glare from the woman. “Heard anything from him?”

She nodded. Her eyes averted back to the keys, and with long slender fingers, she graze the black keys of the piano. “I texted him last night,” she replied. “I sent a four page apology, and I’ve only gotten a ‘I’m fine. Bye’ as a reply,” she said, her voice cracking up as she tried not to cry. A small lump was forming at the base of , and she tried

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter