xiii.

Smile, YiXing!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Purple = Speaking in Korean

Blue = Speaking in English

The weekends start again, but instead of spending it outside, like a normal teenager would do, IU was inside their house, doing her usual chores. She wasn’t the type to argue, since the girl wanted to help her father, and the fact that she didn’t have friends at school, was also a factor. She was in the middle of finishing the laundry, when her father called her out.

Peering through the doorway, she answered, “Oh appa?!”

“Honey, could you get the door? I’m on the phone,” he said.

“Okay,” she answered as she wiped her hands clean. Rushing to the door, she tried to think who their visitor was, since it was rare for them to have someone over, other than the neighborhood ahjummas that talks to her sometimes. Opening the door, she couldn’t help but gawked at the quartet with mouth wide-open.

“Annyeong!” Luhan greeted in his perfect Korean pronunciation. Tao was waving at her eagerly. Kris gave her a polite nod, while Yixing was unemotional as ever.

OH.MY.GOD.

 

“What in the world are you doing here?” She asked; her body still in shock. Unaware, that she was leaning over the door, unable to even stand up straight, just to absorb the situation.

Tao frowned at the woman, “That’s not a proper way to greet your friends.”

The last word of his sentence, weirded her out. Friends? Since when they’d even saw her that way? Fighting the temptation to ask, she composed herself. With her fierce eyes, her death glare locked with Tao, “How did you even find this place?”

“Easy, we asked the secretary,” Luhan answered. Before she could even retort another question, their small conversation was interrupted.

“IU, your friends?” His father asked, startling his daughter as he touched her shoulder, but his eyes lingered at the four men. Within their three years stay, IU never bring home any of her classmates. Every time Ji Hyuk asked why, her daughter dismissed the questions with answers like, “They’re busy.” “They have curfew.” And things like that. Deep inside he knows she was having a hard time adjusting, but IU never even complained nor told him about her feelings. So seeing these men on his doorstep aroused interest within him.

“Oh, good afternoon Mr. Lee,” Tao greeted and the other three followed, bowing respectively at him.

“Ne ne,” he grinned. “Such bad manners Jieun,” he scolded her daughter. “How could you not let our own visitors in?”

IU didn’t even realize it, but truthfully, she wasn’t even planning on letting them in. “Appa!” She protested. Once they come in, it only means one thing though. Her father interrogating them about every single thing.. or worst, those baby photos.

Jihyuk cocked his eyebrows at IU, “Wae? I just want to hear stories about my daughter,” he answered her scowl. He urged the guys to enter their living room.

“You could talk to me dad,” she retorted back.

He walked back to her daughter, patting her shoulders. “Jieun, my daughter, I am deeply sure that me and other dads out there would agree that their teenage daughters doesn’t always talk about certain stuffs.” IU could hear snickering from the back, mostly from Tao and Luhan.

She pouted at her father, but of course, she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter