xvii.

Smile, YiXing!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Okay, I really at writing about matches and stuff. 

Forgive me guys.. I failed you :(((

---

 

“You really don’t want to talk about it?” Tao asked worriedly as him and IU settled on the bleachers in on the sides of their court field.

It was a big day, since this was the first soccer game of the year. Students from their school and from the opposing one started piling up the court, a few minutes before the game. IU was very much thankful, that Kris and Yixing couldn’t come, since they have practice. She mentally thanked Coach Chan’s cruelty to his team. Truth be told, she still didn’t know how to act in front of Yixing after what happened. To make it worse, he doesn’t have any idea what he just did.

She shook her head, in response to Tao’s question. “Are you sure?” He asked again. Unbeknownst to her Tao already has a theory how she ended up crying yesterday, but in spilt second he dismissed the idea, and instead pressed her for some answers. He actually planned on interrogating, but seeing how much she just want to leave the subject alone, he decided to just wait for her to open up herself.

“Yea, I’m sure,” she said, as she gave him the best normal smile she ever could. “I’m not crying now anyways,” she reassured him.

Ruffling her hair he said, “Okay okay, but whenever you need someone to talk to, I’m here okay?”

IU couldn’t help but feel moved about what he said. Of course, out of all of them it was always Tao who rescues her from her emotional baggage and even supporting her in her pathetic unrequited love. Through all of these, Tao remained by her side, and right now, she was feeling lucky for having someone like him. Gently, she shifted her hand, and found Tao’s. The man surprised by her sudden action, but he didn’t take his hand off. IU squeezed his hand lightly, “Thanks panda.”

 

Finally the game started, and the crowd waited in mixture of anticipation and excitement as the team went out from their respective side. IU took notice how everybody cheered a thousand times than before as Luhan took the field. So this is how popular he is, she mentally thought of, and she observed how majority of the banners have his name on it. IU doesn’t really know if Luhan is really good at soccer, since he rarely babysits her, and whenever she goes to the field, Luhan would be joking in the field, or just hanging out on the bench.

IU and 500 other people fidgeted in their seats as they waited for them to take their positions. IU caught Luhan’s brown hair, as he walked forward, towards the center and with the sudden whistling of the referee, the game started. Luhan quickly took hold of the ball, and he kicked it to the other player to his side, and without notice, they scored an easy corner goal. The east crowd cheered, and IU watched as players rushed to Luhan and his partner, giving them high-fives. Her adrenaline pumped up as she watched the game that she barely understood.

On the second round, the other side took hold of the ball. Luhan’s team defenders quickly made their advanced as they tried to boxed in the opposing players. Fifteen minutes passed of kicking and swaying, the other team succeeded over them as they had an opening to make a goal. IU watched as Luhan turn his team’s mood around as they looked disappointed about the previous goal. She could see how much Luhan influenced others with his positive energy. The other team's couch called for a timeout, and the two teams went to their benches.

“Hey Tao, what’s Luhan’s position?” She asked.

“Forward,” he answered idly as he twirled one of his rings in his long fingers.

“Meaning?”

“Meaning, the only responsibility he has is score goals as many as possible,” he replied. “But in our team, gege’s like the go-to-guy. Whenever there’s a clear pass, they always give it to him, for the having a higher chance to goal.”

“Really? Why is that? I’m pretty sure he’s not the only forward in there,” IU confuted.

“Yes, but he’s fast.” He said nonchalantly.

Again, their timeout ended and they went to their positions. Some of their players were already resting, but Luhan still went to the field, taking his usual position in the center. He bent forward, his palms resting on his knees for support. Along with the whistle came an instant commotion. After the break, IU couldn’t understand half of the game anymore. Players kept closing in on the one who have the ball, and they both have the successful ability to block every pass they made. What surprised her most was that she couldn’t find Luhan in the middle of it. She was suspecting that he might be the first one to attack, but instead he wasn’t even around the perimeter.

Then out of nowhere, like a flash of light, a brown speck came rushing in to the circle, unnoticed. Unguarded, Luhan quickly kicked the ball away from the clump, and his partner came along, defending him from those who came from the side. But seeing how much people were closing in on him, Luh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter