Yixing Birthday Special Chapter - 2 (xxviii)

Smile, YiXing!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“This is adorable,” she exclaimed in excitement, as she sat in the café’s one of their overstuffed chairs.  The small coffee shop was like heaven. It was mixed with country European style. It has this homey ambience, and its dark wood walls weren’t overpowering as others. What interest her most was the old red telephone booth that is very much popular in Europe, which was used as a bookshelf. Her eyes feasted in wonder as she scanned the place. Two feet away across her, was the man, who was deeply entertained at her childish antics. Jin sipped at his black coffee, but his eyes never left hers. “This is really beautiful Jin,” she said, finally taking notice him. He chuckled discreetly. “Do you bring girls here often?”

He shook his head. “This is the first actually.”

IU looked at him in surprised, like he just said something from a different language. Jin could only smile in return. “I don’t bring girls here,” he started. “And I didn’t plan to either.”

Raising her eyebrows, “But I’m here.”

He leaned forward, and placed his hand just a hair distance from hers. “Because you’re different,” he answered. “On dates before, I let the girl choose, and I barely tell her about places I would like to go to. I’m greedy and selfish, I may add, since places like this, is something I wanted to keep a secret,” he smiled. “But bringing you here is maybe proof enough that some of my selfishness is wearing off.”

“Then I’m glad Mr. Liu,” she said, a hint of tease in her voice.

Finishing their coffee and cake, they spent some of their time talking and laughing without a care in the world. Their happiness was overflowing, you’d think that the day before didn’t happen. It was quarter to 3 when they decided to leave the place. Standing outside, IU glanced up to her date. “Where to Mr. Liu?”

He brushed his hair. “Honestly, I don’t know.” IU snorted at his answer. “But tell you this, how ‘bout just walk around, and if something comes up, we do it, okay?”

Nodding in agreement, Jin then took her hands, and was about to talk when something stopped him. IU was looking at him and down to their hands. “Is something wrong?” He asked worriedly. IU shook her head, embarrassed to even say the words. “Okay,” he said, and he guided him through the city.

Holding hands was nothing for her. Jin used to do it to her all the time, and this was the first time her heart raced about this small contact. What the hell was happening to her?

 

Her heart leaped in joy as the two of them entered their next destination. She was like a child trapped in the candy store, as her eyes bore over at the guitars laid out in front of her. While Jin went to the manager of the store, IU took her to see the place. As she picked on of their guitars, IU played one of DBSK’s songs that she herself arranged. She was having fun, that she was blissfully unaware of the two men watching her.

“You’re a natural,” a raspy voice said, making her stop. She looked up, and Jin, along with the manager was looking at her.

“It’s nothing,” she said bashfully.

“Nonsense, you’re being too modest,” Jin said, and before she could even react, the front door opened, and the manager rushed towards the new customer, leaving them alone. Sitting beside her, he picked the nearest guitar, and strummed it, the way rockstars did. He apologized as soon as he saw IU’s annoyed face. “Sorry, I have bad skills. Mind teaching me?”

She pouted to disagree, but that only made him persistent, in the she surrendered, and spent the next hour teaching him the chords, and even playing ‘Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.’ IU was surprised that he easily picked up the chords and he praised him endlessly.

After that they took a walk to the nearby park, and rented a couple bicycle. The traveled all over the place, playing, laughing the whole day was so much fun that IU never once think of regretting of saying yes to him.

They stopped, and took a rest at one of the benches. Jin jogged to the nearest vending machine, and came back with orange juice in hand.

“This is fun,” IU said to him, as she gulped down her drink. “I never thought going out with you is fun.”

He laughed. “Then hurry up and say already,” he joked, making her speechless again. She settled the empty can near the bench, her fingers clasped together as she readied herself for her next words.

“Jin, let’s talk,” she said. He glanced to her, and nodded. “About that, let’s be friends,” she said.

“We are friends,” he said.

“I mean let’s stay friends,” she said, and she could see the hurt on his face. But she had enough. She didn’t want to lie to herself any longer, nor lead him into something that’s never going to happen. Jin was a great guy, but she felt like she didn’t deserve him and another is.. “I’m still in love with him Jin.”

He leaned forward, his hands on either side of his head. IU wanted to hug him, but she made no move. “After all this time?” He said, with tinge anger in his tone.

“Yes,” she whispered.

“I knew this was too good to be true,” he said, as he stood up. His back face hers, he doesn’t even know to face her anymore.

“I’m sorry Jin,” she said. She stood up, not ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter