xv.

Smile, YiXing!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was Monday afternoon again, and as always, IU was hanging by the bleachers of their school auditorium. Though IU thinks the ‘babysitting’ rule was very much absurd, frankly she was already getting used to it, making it less annoying. Unlike before, she brought a book to at least keep her company. Rather than listening to Coach Han’s ritualistic sermons and scolding towards his team, IU was now lost in her paperback.

Fifty pages passed, when out of nowhere, Tao came stomping in, with books in hand and an unpleasant expression across his face. “Hey,” she greeted him.

IU watched him sighed in relief as he settled down near her. “Good, you’re here,” he said breathlessly, as he tried to catch up with his breathing.

“Why?” She asked, “Is there something wrong?”

“Help me,” he said, half-pleading, and IU gave him a questioning look. “Mr. Han failed me. And if I don’t pass our test on Friday, I can’t compete,” he ended his sentence with a frown.

“And how exactly am I going to help you?”

“Tutor me.”

“Tao,” she hesitated. Well she surely wanted to help him, but tutor him? IU has enough going on her plate. She still has to finish the essay she was going to pass on Friday, and she also needs to study for her exams on the other subject. “Err…”

“Please? Please? Please?” He begged again. “I’d do anything you want IU, just please help me,” he said, batting his eyelashes as he tried to convince her.

“Fine,” she grunted, as always, the boys aegyos where something she can’t fend off.

“WOOHOO!” He fist pumped in the air as he went into a celebratory dance. “I owe you big time.”

“You owe me a century,” she muttered, making Tao smile at her even more. “We might as well start now then.”

 

“Aren’t you tired?”

The sudden question, snapped IU back to reality, and was welcomed by Tao’s bemused expression. He had been calling her name for five minutes, but instead of answering back, he saw her lost in her thoughts and her eyes looking daze. “What?” She asked.

“You.. Aren’t you tired IU?” He asked her again.

Cocking her eyebrows in reply, “Of what exactly?”

“Of still loving Yixing-gege,” he answered, which completely disarms her.

It took a full minute for her to get her voice back. “I-I don-n’t love him,” she stut

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter