9

My Strange Oppa

 

 
“Woo, someone’s looking snazzy,” Hwayoung commented when she saw you.
 
Kyungmi’s eyes enlarged ever so slightly with envy as she saw you.
 
Hyunjung herself was speechless for the very first time.
 
You look at your unnies shyly as you stood in front of them at Club Live. 
 
You wore light make up. You decided to curl your long hair. The long ringlets were loose and they hung from your head naturally. You wore a tight fitted lavender dress with killer silver heels which showed off your amazing honey thighs and long legs. 
 
“Are you sure I’ll be able to get in?” you asked doubtfully. “I’m not even legal yet.”
 
Kyungmi snapped out of her envious daze and shrugged. “Don’t worry about it. I know the person hosting this party.” 
 
She waved her hand at you three to follow along. Hwayoung stared at you one last time before making a ugh noise and following after Kyungmi. Hyunjung rolled her eyes and slung her arm around you. 
 
Taken aback by her action, you stepped away a bit.
 
“Don’t worry, you’re going to have loads of fun tonight,” she winked as she dragged you along. 
 
You bit your lip uncertainly, “I hope so.” 
 
---
 
CNU was invited to a party of his cousin’s friend. He didn’t want to feel like an outcast so he invited Jinyoung along. He would have invited the others… but they weren’t even close to being legal.
 
“You better not embarrass me,” CNU warned. 
 
Jinyoung shrugged with a devious smile. “Love me or hate me, I’m still going to be me.”
 
CNU rolled his eyes. “Look the clubs over there!”
 
“Club Live?” Jinyoung snorted. “How original!” 
 
When they entered the club, the music bounced from wall to wall loudly. The bass hit so hard that with each hit, Jinyoung could feel it radiate through his body. 
 
The room was hot, and the crowd was thick. All Jinyoung saw was body on body which sickened him a bit.
 
“These aren’t our type of people,” Jinyoung said in disgust. 
 
CNU nodded in agreement. “I’m only here for my cousin then we can leave after a bit.” 
 
Jinyoung nodded. 
 
While CNU went to go look for his cousin, Jinyoung remained by the bar. He ordered a water since alcohol was not his forte. 
 
A couple of girls slid beside him and began chattering to him.
 
He glanced at them for a second and then ignored them. 
 
“Oppa, did you come here with anyone?” A girl with short blonde hair asked him. Her nasally voice rang in his ear irritably. 
 
Jinyoung frowned and looked at her. “Gross. Go away!” 
 
She was taken aback by his childish behaviour.
 
The other girl on Jinyoungs other side giggled. “She’s too much isn’t she?” 
 
Jinyoung turned his attention to her with raised eyebrows. 
 
She playfully slid her hands and slowly they inched closer to him. He felt her tug onto his collar and his eyes widened in shock.
 
Jinyoung pushed her hands away. “Did you not hear me the first time? I said, gross, go away, that means both of you need to get out of my sight.” He stuck out his tongue and drank his water.
 
The girls looked at him in disgust and then finally gave up and walked away. How could someone as good looking as him have such a childish behaviour? 
 
Jinyoung smiled happily to himself. *And that’s how you turn off a girl.* 
 
As he waited for CNU, two guys came by the bar ordering drinks. 
 
“Hey did you hear?”
 
“What?”
 
“That the hot Queenka’s from WM high are here tonight!” 
 
Jinyoung almost spat his water out. He stopped drinking and listened to their conversation.
 
“All of them are here tonight.”
 
“All?” one of them gasped in disbelief.
 
“Even the good one.”
 
“No friggen way, the angel?” 
 
“Yep, and might I add, she isn’t looking like an angel tonight.” He nudged the other guy with a wink.
 
Jinyoung flashed an angry glare at them as they walked away with their drinks. *HEY! What are those guys thinking about?! I don’t like the way that guy wiggled his eyebrows!!* 
 
CNU came back and patted Jinyoung on the back. “Hey, sorry about that. You ready to go?”
 
Jinyoung got up and shook his head. “Not yet.”  
 
---
 
You stood there awkwardly while the rest of the girls went to dance in the crowd. Every one was having a blast… but you.
 
You felt like an outcast. *This is not my place.* 
 
*Maybe I should leave first. I’m sure Kyungmi wouldn’t mind. I mean I did come, right? She’s having too much to notice my existence right now.* As you took out your cell phone from your wristlet, someone bumped you and made you drop your phone.
 
“Eeee!” You squealed. You furrowed your brows as you picked it up. You examined the phone carefully to make sure there was no dent. You turned your attention back to the person who bumped you.
 
“YOU MADE ME DROP MY—” Your eyes widened when you saw a handsome looking guy looking at you. 
 
“Hey,” he said a velvet voice.
 
You blinked innocent, “uh, hey.” 
 
“Are you ~~~~~? The Queenka from WM High?” He bit his lip as he looked at you.
 
You nodded fervently.
 
He smiled. “Cute.” 
 
You blushed as you looked away, completely forgetting that you were supposed to text Kyungmi goodbye. You put your phone back in your wristlet and stared back at the crowd of dancing bodies.
 
“Would you like to dance with me?” The boy asked. 
 
You stared at him with a flushed face. “I can’t dance.”
 
“Oh really?” He said with a crooked grin. He shocked you by taking your hand leading you to the dance floor. 
 
Hwayoung saw and pointed Kyungmi. Kyungmi stopped dancing with her guy and stared at you and the boy.
 
“Great, now can finally let loose.” Smirking she went back to dancing. 
 
At first it was a little awkward. You didn’t know how to dance, but slowly your body started vibing with his. *Maybe I should ask for his name…* you bit your lip. 
 
As the songs slowed, the mood began to heat up. You could feel his hands on your waist, and you didn’t like that at all. His hands were rubbing against your skin, before they began to slowly go lower and lower. 
 
“Hey, hey stop,” you said.
 
He didn’t.
 
“Stop!” You yelled as you gave him a rough shove. The boy narrowed his eyes at you. 
 
He walked up to you and pulled you close to him. You didn’t realize how drunk he was up until now. 
 
“Stop, I’m serious,” you warned.
 
“What? You weren’t complaining before,” he winked.
 
You pushed him away. “You weren’t touching me inappropriately before.”
 
“Come on baby, don’t do this,” he bit his lip and eyed your body up and down.
 
Your face twisted up in disgust. 
 
You turned to go but he held you back. “You’re not going anywhere!”
 
“Don’t touch me!” You squeaked. 
 
He gripped onto your arm tighter.
 
“Didn’t you hear her?!” yelled a familiar voice.
 
In one swift motion you were free from the creepy guy. 
 
Your eyes widened in realization. *The library kid? What was his name again…* 
 
Jinyoung glared threateningly at the guy. 
 
“Who are you?” the creep raised his eyebrow.
 
Jinyoung lifted his chin in the air arrogantly. “I’m Jung Jinyoung and if you mess with her, you mess with me!”
 
*OH yes, Jung Jinyoung. WAIT! Crap, I don’t have his money on me right now.* 
 
A crowd began forming and the bouncers came. “What’s going on?”
 
“Nothing,” you said. “It’s nothing.”
 
“You realize if you were going to fight, we will have to suspend you from the club, right?” they threatened. 
 
Jinyoung shrugged. 
 
You glared at him then apologized to the bouncers. They nodded along. The creep long disappeared. 
 
You shook Jinyoungs hand away from you. “Thanks…” 
 
Jinyoung beamed at you. “No problem!”
 
You decided to inform the girls that you were leaving. At this point they were all too tipsy to care or argue for you stay. 
 
“Want me to walk you home?” Jinyoung asked when you stepped out of the club.
 
“AHHH!” You screamed, surprised by his action.
 
CNU shook his head. “I’m sorry if he scared you.”
 
You gulped and stared back at the strange boy. Finally when your heart calmed down, you spoke. “You. I don’t need your money. I told you it was my fault. When I see you at school Monday, I’m giving it back.”
 
Jinyoung shook his head fervently. “No, I don’t want it.”
 
“I don’t want it either,” you said in irritation.
 
“It’s yours!” He insisted.
 
You shook your head. “I don’t want it! My uniform is good and clean. Don’t worry.”
 
“No. Keep the money, please.”
 
You have never met anyone more stubborn in your life. “No. I’m giving it back to you.” 
 
CNU let out a sigh. “Jinyoung, it’s getting late.”
 
Jinyoung pouted then looked back at you. “I’m serious, keep it please. It would mean the world to me.”
 
“No,” you said bluntly. 
 
Jinyoung frowned. “Okay, if you let me walk you home I’ll take back the money.”
 
Your face twisted up. “And let you know where I live? No thanks. One creep tonight was enough, I don’t need another.”
 
“HEY!” Jinyoung put his hands on his hips in irritation. “I’m NOT a creep. I saved you in there, didn’t I?!”
 
You rolled your eyes. *This boy! He’s going to be the death of me.* “And I said thank you. Okay, enough. I’m giving you back your money, and I’m not letting you walk me home.”
 
A cab swung by, and you raised your hands up. You got in and smirked at Jinyoung one last time before telling the driver to drive off. 
 
Jinyoung stood there with a wide mouth. 
 
“I can’t believe you like her,” CNU frowned. 
 
Jinyoung closed his mouth and thought it over. Then he spoke, “she’s stubborn just like me. I guess that’s one reason why I like her.” He smiled as warmth flooded his chest.