39

My Strange Oppa

 

 
You and Jinyoung were on lollipops while joking and laughing with each other as you held hands home. 
 
“Did you have a good day today?” Jinyoung asked.
 
You nodded happily. You took your cherry lollipop out of your mouth and it made a big pop noise. You held onto it as you thoughtfully said, “I can’t believe you actually cut Kyungmi unnie’s hair that short.”
 
Jinyoung puffed out his chest and his eyebrows pinched together. “No one messes with my girl and gets away with it!”
 
You smiled, touched. “It’s really sweet of you… but I think you should apologize even though I know she stole away your most prized possession.”
 
Jinyoung stopped walking and made a face. “Of course she did! She deserves it for stealing my first kiss!!! ”
 
You gave him a light sigh and shook your head. “Please oppa, apologize to her? Make things right.” You batted your lashes at him.
 
He stared into your eyes and then a shiver ran down his spine. He shuddered and crossed his arms. “Fine! But that’s only because you asked me to.”
 
You giggled and popped the lollipop back in your mouth as you wrapped your arms around Jinyoung. “Thanks oppa. When you go, I’ll apologize, too.”
 
Jinyoung softened and look down at you. He wrapped his arms around you and smiled, “as expected from the angel Queenka. You know… you have nothing to be sorry about right?” 
 
You shrugged as you began to walk. “I think… I overreacted that day.” Jinyoung mimicked your footsteps as your arms were around his waist and his were around your shoulders. 
 
“Were you jealous?” Jinyoung asked teasingly.
 
You looked up at him and scowled. “Wasn’t it obvious?”
 
Jinyoung chuckled, trying to hide his smile. “I don’t know… you weren’t really good at showing your affections towards me…” He lightly tapped your nose. You smiled at his touch. 
 
You were finally in front of your house. You reluctantly broke free from Jinyoung. “Thanks oppa, I’ll see you tomorrow.”
 
You turned to go but Jinyoung wrapped his arms around your shoulder as he whispered, “Tomorrow let’s head over and visit halboji, araso?”. You smiled and nodded slowly. “See you tomorrow, ~~~~~.” Jinyoung gave your cheeks a big fat kiss as he squeezed you tightly. You heard him chuckle as he released you. 
 
Your cheeks flushed red and smiled as you turned around and waved goodbye to him. 
 
With a smile bright plastered on your face, you headed inside your house. 
 
There was a cluster of noise in the kitchen, and the nostalgic scent of food that your father cooked was in the atmosphere.
 
Your smile fell abruptly as you headed into the kitchen. 
 
“Appa?” You asked almost in disbelief. 
 
Your Dad was in his apron, humming a familiar tune as he cooked. You stepped closer and he turned around. A large smile was on his face as he waved you over. “~~~~~~! Come and set up the table! I’m almost done cooking.” He grinned widely at you and then his attention went back to the sizzling meat on the pan. 
 
Stunned by his sudden change of attitude, you obediently began to set up for dinner.