29

My Strange Oppa

 

 
SMACK! Kyungmi’s hands made a loud noise as she hit her palms against the cold, tile wall.
 
You were heading out of the cafeteria when the girls pulled you into the girls bathroom.
 
Your eyes widened in fear at their hostility.
 
“Unnie, what are you doing?” You managed to whisper.
 
Kyungmi looked at you in irritation. “Just what on earth do you think you’re ing doing?!” She hissed at you.
 
You swallowed hard.
 
Hyunjung smacked her bubble gum as she stood by the door. She blocked it so no one else can come in. 
 
Hwayoung shook her head in shame.
 
“What do you mean?” You tried to sound brave.
 
Kyungmi pointed down to the flyers in your hand and let out a hiss of disgust. “I don’t know what the is wrong with you!” She jabbed her finger at your head. Her teeth were baring like fangs as she seethed as you. “You’re a Queenka for sakes, why are you doing all these pathetic things?!”
 
Hwayoung abruptly slapped your hands hard, making you drop all of the flyers in surprise. They scattered all over the dirty washroom floor.
 
Your eyes rounded at her action.
 
Out of instincts, you shoved Kyungmi away from you. Her red bangs got messed up in the process as she stumbled back.
 
“Did you just push me?” Kyungmi asked in disbelief. 
 
“Ya, ~~~~. If you still want to be apart of us, apologize for what you did. Kyungmi is just trying to get you to come to your senses.” Hwayoung growled at you.
 
You scoffed and crossed your arms. “Just because I’m a Queenka it doesn’t mean I have to act like you three. I am not inferior over anyone, we are all equal.”
 
Hyunjung cackled by the door and looked at her friends. “Equal? Is she stupid or something?”
 
Kyungmi’s eyes darkened. “I’ll forget just this once Sang ~~~~ , what you just ing did to me.” She brushed her bangs back properly and dusted her leather jacket.
 
She pointed her pointy, manicured nails at you. “But you, you better get your ing act straight. You are one of us, I get that you are the angel Queenka and all, but stop ing around with that rep. Be an angel and look cute, BUT don’t be creating all this stupid events.” Kyungmi’s nose flared. Jealousy was clear in her eyes as she glared at you. 
 
Hwayoung sneered at you, “you’re lucky Kyungmi is letting off you easily.”
 
You stood there with your hands clenched. *Is this really what I want to deal with?* 
 
“And what if I do?” You taunted without looking at the girls. You were staring at the ground. All your hard was on the ground right now. “What if I continue my good deeds?”
 
“Then you’re no longer one of us,” Kyungmi threatened boldly. She ran her fingers through her red hair. She nodded towards the door. “Let’s go.”
 
As they turned their backs to leave, you looked up bravely. “I quit.”
 
They all stiffened. 
 
Kyungmi turned around and glared at you. “Mwoh?” 
 
You lifted your chin up confidently. “I’m tired of being a Queenka. I’m tired of being controlled. I am my own person, who are you to tell me what to do?”
 
Kyungmi’s eyebrows furrowed together.
 
Hyunjung stared at you at your bold action.
 
Hwayoung’s mouth widened in shock.
 
Kyungmi walked to you with her jaw taunted. “Say that again, please. I think I heard it wrong.” You could hear the venom in her voice which contradicted the fake sweetness lingering in her tone. 
 
“I quit. I don’t want to be a Queenka. If I have to act like you, I quit.” You crossed your arms and brushed past them.
 
Without you, the girls would be nothing. You were the reason why they were so popular. They were never as beautiful as you, never as nice as you, never as amazing and talented as you, and they were definitely sure that if you were no longer a Queenka, their popularity would decrease.
 
Hyunjung and Hwayoung looked at each other nervously.
 
In a flurry of panic, Kyungmi yanked you back and pushed you into the wall.
 
“Do you mean that? You’re seriously going to quit on us?” Kyungmi hissed.
 
You nodded. 
 
“You’re going to be nothing without us,” Kyungmi tried to threatened.
 
You shrugged non-chalantly. 
 
“ARGH!” Kyungmi slapped you across the cheeks hard. Bitter with anger and selfishness, Kyungmi stomped out of the washroom. 
 
“You’re going to regret this ~~~~~~,” Hyunjung warned. 
 
The girls glowered at you before they left. 
 
Your heart raced in your chest. For the first time, you were hit. Usually, it was you who was there when Kyungmi had to use violence on someone else. No matter how much you tried to stop it, she wouldn’t listen. 
 
Now, it was you turn to experience the pain. Your knees fell weak and you dropped down. You touched your stinging cheek with your palm as your breaths became shaky. 
 
*Will things get better now?* You thought miserably as tears dropped down from your face.