4

My Strange Oppa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFnLSPNHh1Q

 
Jinyoung was miserable for the rest of the day. 
 
Sandeul and Baro felt bad and decided to make it up to their hyung when school was over. 
 
When the bell rang, Jinyoung slung his backpack over his shoulder and trailed miserably behind CNU. 
 
“Erm, Jinyoung-ssi?” called Mr. Park. 
 
Jinyoung stopped and turned around and looked at his teacher.
 
Mr. Park was one of the nicest teachers of WM high. He poked the middle of his thick rimmed black glasses and pushed it up. He straightened out his tie and fumbled nervously with his hand.
 
“Yes?” Jinyoung waited.
 
CNU and the rest of the boys waited by the door. 
 
Mr. Park smiled. “Well Jinyoung, you are a very handsome boy with a wonderful personality that is filled with spunk.” He proudly clapped on Jinyoungs shoulder.
 
Jinyoung staggered a bit by the sudden force.
 
He stared at the man, dumbfounded. Why was Mr. Park suddenly telling him this? 
 
“The school board has requested for two students from the entire school to participate in this special after school program. I was one of the teachers who was given the opportunity to choose a student, and I decided to choose you.” He grinned happily.
 
Jinyoung’s eyes widened a little bit, touched. “Really?” 
 
Mr. Park nodded. “Yes!” 
 
“What do I have to do?” Jinyoung asked. 
 
“Well, everyday for 6 months you will have to visit an old nursing home and take care of the elderly. It only takes out a few hours of your time. All you have to do is spend time with them. You read to them, entertain them, and make up activities. It’s really fun, never a dull moment, I assure you.” Mr. Park put a finger to his chin. “Hmm... I believe the other person chosen for this position is a hoobae of yours, so lead her in the right direction okay, Jinyoung?” 
 
Jinyoung nodded as he took in the information. It really did sound like an amazing oppurtunity. There was definitely no way he could turn it down.
 
Mr. Park looked at him earnestly. “So what do you say?”
 
“I say…” Jinyoung paused momentarily, and then a small smile came up. “Sign me right up!” 
 
Mr. Park gave him a toothy wide grin. “Thanks Jinyoung-ssi, I knew you would do it. Don’t worry; in return, you will get community hours and a great reference!” 
 
Jinyoung nodded and turned to go. 
 
“Wait, before you leave,” Mr. Park said.
 
Jinyoung turned around again and looked at him.
 
“Are you okay? You looked down during class today.”
 
Jinyoung nodded his head in reassurance. “I’m fine.” 
 
Mr. Park scrutinized him for a bit before giving up. “Araso! The program starts next week Monday, okay? It is at Seoul Elderly Residence. Be there before 4, you'll be giving directions as to how the programs and what not, and after that you’re set and free to meet your assigned elders!” Mr. Park exclaimed.
 
“Okay. Good bye Mr. Park, have yourself a good evening.” Jinyoung saluted him and went to friends. 
 
Right when he was out of the classroom, the smile vanished from Jinyoung’s face.
 
Baro and Sandeul looked at him apologetically. 
 
“Elderly res? You’re seriously going to take care of old people?” Gongchan asked.
 
Jinyoung shrugged. “I don’t have anything else to do.” 
 
CNU smiled proudly at his dongsaeng. “That’s my little bro!” 
 
Jinyoung shared a small smile. 
 
The walk home was quiet. Baro and Sandeul elbowed each other.
 
“Come on let’s do something!” Sandeul frowned.
 
Baro looked at Jinyoung. His shoulders were sunken so low that it looked like it was going to be stuck there forever. 
 
“Hyung loves icecream! Let’s treat him to icecream?” Baro suggested.
 
Sandeul clapped his back. “Daebak! Okay, now you ask him!” 
 
“What?! You ask him!” Baro hissed in response.
 
“No, you!” Sandeul hissed back.
 
Gongchan rolled his eyes. “I can’t stand this!” 
 
Everyone stopped, including Jinyoung.
 
Baro gave Gongchan a wtf-are-you-doing face.
 
Sandeul covered his face. 
 
CNU shook his head. 
 
“Look hyung,” Gongchan said. “What happened today, it could have happened to anyone.”
 
Jinyoung frowned. “But it didn’t, it happened to me.”
 
Sandeul ran up to Jinyoung. “That’s only because Baro was distracting you!”
 
“Yah!” Baro followed in pursuit and smacked Sandeuls head. 
 
Jinyoung shrugged and continued walking. 
 
“Hyung, let it go.” Gongchan said as he started walking behind him. 
 
“I can’t!” Jinyoung exclaimed.
 
CNU caught up to them. He looked back and mouthed to Baro and Sandeul: ‘follow along, babos!
 
“Why can’t you?” Gongchan asked. “It was a simple mis—”
 
“The first part was a mistake. But after... Oh god. I’m such an idiot! I can’t believe I took my hankerchief and wiped off the sauce… FROM HER CHEST! WHO DOES THAT?!” Jinyoung hid his hands in his face. “Aish, she must think I’m a freaking ert.” 
 
Gongchan bit back his tongue. 
 
CNU patted Jinyoung’s back. “It wasn’t like you wanted to touch her chest, right?! You were just being a gentlemen who was trying to clean up a problem.” 
 
Jinyoung pulled his hands away and expelled a heavy sigh. “Even worse is that she blamed herself!! It wasn’t her fault, it was clearly mine! I wasn’t even looking and I spilled all that crap on her.” 
 
CNU and Gongchan looked at each other helplessly. 
 
“Aish, let’s just drop this.” Jinyoung put his hands in his pocket and walked faster. 
 
Baro couldn’t deal with seeing his hyung like this anymore. He ran in front of Jinyoung and kneeled down with his hands clasped together. 
 
Sandeul followed along.
 
“Hyung, I’m sorry!” Baro pleaded.
 
Sandeul bowed his head down. “Please don’t blame yourself for today. It was us! We won’t tease you again!” 
 
Jinyoung raised his eyebrow. 
 
“We want our crazy hyung back!” Sandeul said. 
 
Baro nodded in agreement. “We don’t like it when you’re quiet like this. We don’t like it when you’re being such a big baby.”
 
SMACK! Baro fell to the ground. “Hyung!” he rubbed his now sore head. 
 
“I’m not a big baby!” Jinyoung glowered at him. “And you,” he pointed to Sandeul. “I am not crazy.” 
 
Baro got back on his knee. “Please, just be our silly hyung again!” 
 
“Yes, please! Forget what happened today. Baro will treat you to icecream!” Sandeul beamed. 
 
Baro snapped his head at Sandeul. His eyes were big. *I don't remember agreeing to that!*
 
“Since Baro was the one who distracted you, he will even do your laundry, he will do your homework, and he will even clean your house!” 
 
“Yah! Yah!” Baro head locked Sandeul. “You’re going too far!”
 
“YA?! I’m your hyung let me go!” Sandeul squirmed around. 
 
Jinyoung looked at them intensely. He always forgave his dongsaengs way too easily. His lips quivered, then without a second thought, it curved into a smile. “Alright. I forgive you. Get up.” 
 
CNU and Gongchan smiled at each other. 
 
“Really?” Baro asked as he released Sandeul. 
 
Jinyoung nodded.
 
“You’re not going to kick our when we get up will you?” Sandeul squeaked.
 
“Why would I ever do that?” Jinyoung asked, slightly amused with the idea. He smirked at them, and they whimpered in fear. “I’m just kidding. Seriously, get up.”
 
Baro and Sandeul got up and hugged onto their hyung.
 
“Okay, okay. Too tight!” Jinyoung pushed them away. 
 
“Can I get a woohoo?” Baro asked. 
 
“Woo!” Sandeul exclaimed. 
 
Jinyoung looked at them weirdly.
 
Baro waited.
 
Laughing, Jinyoung screamed out, “HOO!” 
 
CNU shook his head and walked past them. “What did I say? You three are too embarrassing.”
 
Gongchan followed along and hid his face. “I don’t know them.” 
 
Jinyoung put his arms around Baro and Sandeul’s shoulder.
 
“I want my icecream, now,” Jinyoung beamed.
 
“Me too!” Sandeul beamed. Baro let out a sigh and pulled out his wallet. He kissed it with a cry of despair. *Goodbye lunch money.*