36

My Strange Oppa

 

 
You didn’t know when, or how, but the moment you stepped onto the bus and sat down on your seat, you began to cry. The tears spilled down your face as your mind flashed back to their kiss.
 
*Why am I crying so much? It’s not like he wanted to kiss her… right?* You wiped your tears away and sniffled. 
 
Jinyoung’s bus followed after yours. He tried calling you but you didn’t pick up. 
 
*I could still feel her nasty lips on me!* Jinyoung wiped his mouth roughly, trying to get rid of the feeling. *Go away, go away, go away!! Aish!!*
 
Jinyoung sighed and frowned. He looked out at the snowy streets of seoul miserably. *I really wanted my first kiss to be with ~~~~~~.* 
 
You were miserably trudging through the doors of the Elderly residence as you tried to compose yourself. What you didn’t realize was the ambulance in front of the building.
 
When you heard someone call your name, you looked back. Your eyes widened in shock when you saw it was halmoni. 
 
Concerned with her crying face, you quickly ran over. You put your hands on her small shoulders and furrowed your eyebrows. “Halmoni, what happened?!” 
 
You knew the answer when the paramedics wheeled out a very frail, and sick halpoji. 
 
“Halpoji…” You manage to croak out.
 
“I’m so sorry about today, ~~~~~~. I can’t stay now, I have to go with him,” Halmoni explained. She noticed your red eyes but had no time to ask what happened. 
 
You nodded in understanding. “Araso, go halmoni. Please come back with good news.”
 
She gave you a tight lip nod and headed out the doors with the paramedics. Your heart sank even deeper with pain. *Nothing seems to be going right.* 
 
The sirens went on and the ambulance left.
 
With sunken shoulders, and tears threatening to burst you left the residence and headed home. *Halpoji… please be okay.*
 
Meanwhile, Jinyoung was stuck in traffic. There was a heavy cast of snow fall which caused traffic, delaying cars and buses. He tried calling you again, but you didn’t pick up. 
 
Jinyoung sighed in frustration. “Chincha… of all days for the snow to hit down earth so heavily, why did it have to be today?!” 
 
By the time he got to the residence, it was already 6pm. That was normally the time you and him would leave. He went to the door, and knocked.
 
Jinyoung waited, but no one came to open it. *She can’t be that mad that she’s going to tell halmoni not to open the door, right?*
 
5 minutes went by, then 10 minutes and still no one opened the door. Jinyoung put his ear to the door but there was no sounds that confirmed anyone was in there.
 
“Oh, are you looking for Mrs. Kim?” asked one of the elders passing by.
 
Jinyoung nodded his head fervently. 
 
“She’s not here right now, she is in the hospital.” The old man pointed out. He clucked his tongue and sighed. “Mr. Kim had another one of his seizures, but this time it was worse.”
 
“Mwoh?” Jinyoungs eyes turned as round as saucers. “W-will he be okay?”
 
The elder man shrugged and shook his head in sadness as he walked away.
 
Confused and shocked, he ran to the front desk and asked the secretary if she knew what hospital Mr and Mrs. Kim was. He was also hoping that you were with them also. 
 
After getting the information, Jinyoung went to the Hospital.
 
Running fast as he got out of the bus and into the hospital, Jinyoung asked for Mr. Kim’s room. 
 
Jinyoung stood by the door and saw halmoni holding onto his hands tightly. 
 
Jinyoung knocked gently.
 
Mrs. Kim looked up, with eyes as sad as the lonely sea. She waved her hand, gesturing him to come on in.
 
“Halmoni,” Jinyoung said softly. “Is… he…”
 
She sighed, “I don’t know.”
 
Jinyoung went over and gave her shoulder a tight squeeze. “Every thing will be okay, don’t worry halmoni.”
 
She nodded. “It’s alright Jinyoung. We’re old, it’s bound to happen.” She dare not to say the word.
 
Jinyoung frowned deeply. “Halmoni, don’t say that.”
 
Mrs. Kim held back her sobs as she changed the subject, though she still held onto Mr. Kim’s hand tightly. “What happened to ~~~~~~? I couldn’t talk to her when she came because….”
 
Jinyoung gasped. “I forgot about ~~~~~~!”
 
“Did you guys fight?” Halmoni asked, concerned.
 
Jinyoung shook his head. “I have to go find her!” 
 
Jinyoung hugged halmoni tightly before leaving. 
 
You were eating dinner when you had rapid knocking on your door. *Who is that?* Warily, you stepped to the windows and peaked out the curtains.
 
You looked and saw Jinyoung.
 
Scowling, you crossed your arms and coldly walked away.
 
“SANG ~~~~~~~! OPEN THE DOOR!” Jinyoung pounded your door loudly.
 
You hesitated by the doorway.
 
“~~~~~ IF YOU DON’T OPEN THE DOOR, YOU’LL REGRET IT!” 
 
*Babo, what’re you going to do? Make out with Kyungmi? Hmph.*
 
“SANG ~~~~~~!”
 
Your heart gave a light flutter but you shook your head, restraining yourself. *I don’t want to deal with him right now.*
 
“I’M NOT LEAVING IF YOU DON’T OPEN THE DOOR!” Jinyoung threatened. 
 
You stuck out your tongue and sat by the door.
 
You could hear him walking back and forth. 
 
After about 20 minutes, it went quiet. You look back out again, and he wasn’t there. Sighing, you went upstairs to get some rest from a crazy day.