1

My Strange Oppa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD3icft6KvM

 
Running down the stairs, you slung your backpack over your shoulders. Your long hair was flying in the air as you zoomed into the kitchen. Grabbing a piece of toast from the plate on the kitchen counter, you stuffed it all in your mouth hungrily.
 
Your father watched you with anxious eyes while he leaned against the counter sipping his coffee. The strange thing about your appa was that he was still relatively young. He and your mother conceived you when they were at a very young age. 
 
When your friends first saw him, they mistook him as your older oppa. 
 
“Sang ~~~~~. Slow down, one of these days you will choke on your food, I swear.” He took another sip of his coffee.
 
“It’s how I eat!” You defended yourself with toast stuffed in your mouth. 
 
Your father rolled his eyes. “How attractive, ~~~~~-ah. Just kidding. Stay like this, araso? No boy will ever want to be with you and you will live the rest of your lonely life with your appa!” 
 
You giggled and gave him a quick peck on the cheeks. “Appa, stop being silly! I’m heading to school now. Have a great day at work, appa.” 
 
You paused for a second before you took his hands and brought his cup close to your lips. You took a sip and your face twisted up a bit. “Blech, coffee. Yeah... I don’t see how you can stand to drink that.”
 
You laughed and ran to the door. You slipped your shoes on. 
 
“Is your skirt really supposed to be that short?” Your father questioned from the kitchen.
 
You rolled your eyes but smiled. “Appa, the uniforms are like that.” 
 
You could hear your father chuckle in the kitchen. “Araso, araso. Bye ~~~~~-ah.” 
 
“Bye~” You sang as you shut the door. 
 
You look down at your watch and your eyes popped wide open. “Oh no! I have 5 minutes to get to school. Shoot!” You raced down the dusty path. 
 
In the distant, Jinyoung and his group of friends were taking their slow, sweet time to go to school. 
 
Sandeul raised his hands in the air. “Do you feel that breeze?”
 
“I love fall!” exclaimed Baro, raising his hands in the air as well. They both waved their hands excitedly. “WOooo~” they chided together. 
 
Jinyoung bounced along with them and waved his arms around also. 
 
CNU and Gongchan eyed them. 
 
“Sometimes, I think you should be a hyung, not the maknae,” CNU said to Gongchan.
 
Gongchan chuckled and nodded. “Agreed.” 
 
“Hey!” Jinyoung turned around. “I act my age.”
 
Gongchan rolled his eyes. “Are you sure you’re not 12, hyung?” 
 
Jinyoung raised his fist and Gongchan stuck out his tongue. 
 
Sanduel and Baro snickered at them both. 
 
“At least we have a loving friendship,” Sandeul batted his lashes at Baro.
 
Baro’s face twisted it up in disgust. “Dude... What the ? No...” 
 
“Bromance... dude.” Sanduel sighed. 
 
“OHHHH!” Baro smiled and slung his arm on Sandeuls shoulder. They both looked at Jinyoung and Gongchan and nodded at them.
 
Gongchan rolled his eyes and walked faster.
 
Jinyoung scrunched his face up and walked faster as well. 
 
CNU rolled his eyes and pushed the bromance brothers faster. “Okay, okay. Let’s just get going to school.” 
 
Jinyoung suddenly felt someone roughly brush past him, their shoulders ramming hard into his. 
 
“Excuse me! Sorry!” said the angelic voice. 
 
He caught a glimpse of a girl with long black hair, and a familiar red backpack running past him. 
 
Butterflies burst in his stomach as he recognized who it was. 
 
*Oh my god, she just bumped shoulders with me.* Jinyoung thought, awe-struck. He rubbed his shoulder gently with a dazed smile.
 
From the beautiful flow of her long luscious hair, and the graceful way she ran, it was clearly Sang ~~~~~. 
 
Baro noticed right away and ran up to Jinyoung. “Hyung! It’s your crushhhhh~~~~”
 
Jinyoung snapped out of his dazed and glared at Baro. “She is not my crush!”
 
Sandeul ran up and teased along. “OoOO, hyung has a crush?!”
 
Jinyoungs cheeks flushed tomato red. “I do not!” 
 
Gongchan smiled to himself from behind. *Babo, your cheeks are redder than cherries.*
 
CNU chuckled at his silly dongsaengs. 
 
Jinyoung shrugged them away and speed walked. “Go away, go away!”
 
“Hyung has a crush, has a crush, crush on a Queenka named ~~~~!” Baro sang. 
 
“Go away!” Jinyoung hissed.  He plugged his fingers in both his ears and ignored them. “I can’t hear you!!! LALALA!” 
 
Sandeul and Baro hi fived each other behind Jinyoung’s back. 
 
Gongchan shook his head at his embarrassing hyung’s.
 
CNU couldn’t help but smile at how immature his friends were; he caught up to Gongchans pace and smiled. “He likes her.”
 
Gongchan nodded with a smile. “I know.”