11

My Strange Oppa

 

 
Heading to the Seoul Elderly Residence felt amazingly good. You felt as if all the burden had been lifted off your shoulder. And though it was a two bus rides away from where you lived, you felt good
 
You finished all the homework that you were given on the weekend. You were able to give back the money without Jinyoung realizing it. 
 
Now, you’re able to help take care of the Elderly. 
 
When you arrived at the building, you were stunned at how large and grande it was. 
 
*Rich halmoni’s and halapoji’s must live here.* You thought. Every thing about this building made you awe-struck. 
 
You were greeted with a humongous crystal chandelier and a large wooden front desk coated in honey oak. 
 
“Umm,” You said as you walked up to the secretary. “My name is Sang ~~~~~ from WM High. I was chosen as one of the students to participate in a program held here?” 
 
The woman smiled softly. “Ahhh, Sang ~~~~~? Yes. Take a turn to your right and you will meet with the head of Seoul Eldery Residence.” 
 
You smiled sweetly as you bowed to her. “Thank you.” 
 
--
 
Jinyoung frowned as he looked down at his watch. “I’m going to be late!!!” He just left school since one of the teachers made him stay back and clean the classroom.
 
He stomped his foot impatiently. “Hurrrrry bussss, hurrrry!!” *Guess today was definitely not a great day to get on Mr. Mach’s bad side.* 
 
Jinyoung opened his bag to get a bus ticket when he noticed a familiar envelope. His eyes widened in recognition. “How did this get back here?!” 
 
Then his memory flashed to when you suspiciously told him his bag was ped. His eyes gleamed. *She’s smart, and cunning. This just makes me even more attracted to her!*
 
He ripped out a piece of paper and pen, and began writing another note. 
 
--
 
“Best of luck,” the Director of the Program told you after he explained to you every thing you had to do. “Wait isn’t there supposed to be someone else?”
 
You stared at him, confused. “No, they sent only me.”
 
“Really?” Dumbfounded, he nodded. “Alright, have a great semester.  2 hours of your time dedicated to them really means a lot to us.”
 
You beamed delightfully. “It is my pleasure.” 
 
Right when he left, you heard a familiar voice running in the halls outside.
 
“OH MY GOD. I’M SORRY I’M LATE!” he bellowed loudly. 
 
Your eyes widened. *Oh no. Oh no. Please, no.* You closed your eyes hoping that that was a hallucination. 
 
“It’s no problem,” the Director walked back in the room. “I knew there was 2 of you! Your partner is here already.”
 
Cringing, you turned back and opened your eyes with a scrunched face.
 
Jinyoung was smiling and when he turned to you, his face came out in surprise. “HEY ~~~~~!” 
 
You mentally slapped yourself as you bit your lip. *6 months with… him?! Jung Jinyoung?!* 
 
The Director grinned widely. “This makes things easier knowing that you both know each other! I just explained every thing to ~~~~~ssi. I’m sure she won’t mind telling you what I have told her. I’m on a tight schedule, but it’s nice meeting you both. Have a great 6 months together!” He smiled and left. 
 
Jinyoung smiled and slung his arm around you without thinking. There was a strange zap that coursed through both yours bodies as his arm came into contact with your skin.
 
The both of you flinched at the same time. 
 
You glared at him but softly shrugged him off. 
 
“Are you excited? We’re going to see each other for 6 months every day after school!” Jinyoung beamed. 
 
You closed your eyes and sighed. “Let’s just start… before I regret myself for agreeing to doing this.” You mumbled the last part.
 
“I'm sorry, I missed the last part. What did you say?” Jinyoung asked as he took off his backpack.
 
You shook your head and shared a small smile. “I’m excited, that’s all…” 
 
Jinyoung smiled as he melted at your smile. “Me, too.”