5

My Strange Oppa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKX2kWbCPYY

 
A few days passed since the incident. 
 
In fact, in your mind, you have already forgotten about it. Your uniform was fine since you rubbed lemon on the stain, and soaked it in bleach. It was a trick your Dad taught you to remove stains. The stain wasn't completely gone, but it was faint and almost unnoticeable. 
 
Every time Jinyoung saw you in the halls, his smile would fall and apology was written all over his face.
 
Jinyoung and his friends were just regular students, it wasn’t a surprise that the Queenka’s have already forgotten their faces since there was more than 800 people in the school. 
 
It was lunch time. The Queenka’s decided on ditching for the rest of the day. 
 
“You coming?” Kyungmi asked. 
 
Hyunjung rolled her eyes as she slid bubblegum into . “Why do you even bother to ask? You know she won’t.” 
 
You eyed them. A soft smile spread your lips. “No, I’ll head to the library.” 
 
You waved happily to them and left.
 
Hwayoung sneered at you. “Tell me again, why you decided to let her become a Queenka?” 
 
Kyungmi snorted as she turned away. “She has things we don’t have.” 
 
“Like?” Hwayoung trailed after.
 
Hyunjung flicked her finger at Hwayoungs temple. “Babo, don’t asks such stupid questions.” 
 
A student opened the library door for you. 
 
You bowed at him, “Gomawo.”
 
He looked like the happiest person alive as he bowed back.
 
You searched through the aisle of books when a figure caught your eye. You narrowed your eyes, but the figure disappeared.
 
Shaking your head, you went into the next aisle. 
 
There was a slight bump from the other aisle. You quickly turned around. Someone ducked their head down. 
 
You rolled your eyes and crossed your arms. “Okay, whose there?” 
 
No one came out. 
 
You tapped your foot impatiently. *Is my mind playing tricks on me?*
 
You put a finger to your chin as you raised your eyebrow. There was nothing but silence and the murmurs from other students in the library. 
 
*Okay…* You turned back around. 
 
In an instant, you whirled back around. “HA! I CAUGHT YOU!” 
 
The boy stood there, frozen as a stick realizing that you had caught him. 
 
You eyed him with crossed arms. You walked to the other aisle and noticed the familiar boy with phoenix eyes. 
 
“It’s you again,” you said with a half smile. “Here to spill more food on me?” 
 
Jinyoung stiffened as a board. *She remembers me?!?!* 
 
He fumbled around with the bottom strings of his backpack.
 
“Where are your friends?” You asked. 
 
“They—” his voice came out as a squeak.
 
He cleared his throat. “They, umm… they’re eating lunch right now.” Jinyoung rubbed the back of his head nervously. 
 
You nodded your head slowly. “So… why were you spying on me?” 
 
Jinyoung frowned as he looked down. 
 
You raised your eyebrows as you tapped your foot, again. *This kid is acting strange. But then again, all the other kids are strange when I’m around.* 
 
You sighed and shook your head. “Never mind, I don’t want to know.” You smiled and waved. “Bye.” You turned to leave but…
 
“Wait!” Jinyoung said with his arm stretched out. 
 
You turned around with a curious expression.
 
“I want to say I’m sorry for last time.” Jinyoung put his hands in his pocket. 
 
You rolled your eyes but grinned at him. “Don’t worry about it, the sauce came out, see?” You pointed to where the stain once was. 
 
Jinyoung’s mouth fell open. *It’s as if nothing has happened!*
 
“Amazing, right?” You beamed. 
 
Jinyoung nodded. “Also, sorry about… the… I mean… when I wiped your chest… with my… yeah….”
 
You turned pink but nodded. “It’s okay, you didn’t mean to, right?”
 
Jinyoung turned beet red. “OF COURSE NOT! I REALLY DIDN’T MEAN TO TOUCH YOUR CHEST LIKE THAT!” 
 
All of the students in library whipped their heads in your direction.
 
Your eyes went wide. “SHHH!” You put a finger to your lips. You furrowed your eyebrows. “We’re in the library!” 
 
Jinyoung bit his lip. *Stupid, stupid!* 
 
You straightened up and nodded. “Don’t worry about it. Anyways, it’s nice chatting with you.” 
 
“Wait ~~~~~!” Jinyoung called after you.
 
You turned again, slightly less patient than before. “What now?” 
 
“Give me your hand,” Jinyoung said bluntly. 
 
You shook your head. “No.”
 
“Why?” he questioned.
 
“Why do you need my hand?” you retorted.
 
Jinyoung put his hands together. “Please?” He gave you puppy eyes.
 
You rolled your eyes. *This kid definitely strange. And his aegyo… it’s frightening me.* 
 
You shook your head, stubborn.
 
“Please, pretty please?! With a bright red cherry on top?” Jinyoung pouted.
 
Slightly disgusted by his aegyo, you caved in. “Fine.” You stuck out your hand.
 
“Okay now close your eyes!” Jinyoung begged. 
 
Your face twisted up. “If this is a confession, I reject it.” 
 
*Ouch.* Jinyoung thought. “It’s not a confession, I promise.” 
 
You sighed and closed your eyes. 
 
Jinyoung placed something softly on top of your hand. 
 
When you opened your eyes, he was gone. In your hands was an envelope. You ripped it open softly, to find a crisp $100 bill and a small note:
 
This is for ruining your uniform.
I really didn’t mean to. 
I won’t feel right until this was given to you. 
Sorry! Use it to buy yourself a new uniform!
 
P.S, my name is Jinyoung. Just in case you wanted to know. 
 
Your face scrunched up. *What the?! So that’s why he was spying me! Does he think I’m charity? I don’t need his money! Aish!! I already said it was fine!!!!* Irritated by the thought, you stared at the envelope for a long time. 
 
Finally, you tucked the envelope in your backpack. *I’ll give this back to him the next time I see him.* You scrunched up the note, but as you were about to toss it… you held back. For some strange reason, you didn’t have the heart to throw it. Sighing, you threw it in your bag. *This kid is definitely different.*