10

My Strange Oppa

 

 
By the time you arrived home, it was 4 in the morning. 
 
It was strange; your Appa was not home yet. If he was, his shoes would have been at the front of the door steps. 
 
Nonetheless, you were thankful. 
 
---
 
Ms. Jung ended the class session early. The rest of it was free time. You sat at your chair, with the envelope in your hand, determined to give back the envelope to that strange boy. Your eyes were red and tired-looking as you rubbed them continuously out of habit.  
 
3 hours of sleep was not enough. 
 
As soon as the bell rang, you jetted out of the room like a flying rocket. 
 
While you ran through the halls, you skidded to a stop in realization.
 
*Wait a minute, I don’t even know where this kid hangs out.* “Aish,” you shook your head. “I’m such an idiot.” 
 
“Who are you talking to?” Kyungmi came behind you. Her red hair looked extra bright today. 
 
Hwayoung had her arms crossed while Hyunjung stared somewhere off in the distance. 
 
“Did you have fun last night?” Hwayoung asked.
 
Your face scrunched up at the memory of the other night. “It was alright.”
 
Hyunjung smirked in satisfaction. “Who was the guy?” She feigned interest.
 
“Hmm, I never got his name,” you shrugged. 
 
She gasped. “Omo, and you dirty danced with him too? I didn’t know the Angel Queenka had that in her!” 
 
Taken aback by her comment, for a moment a flash of anger gleamed through your eyes. Hyunjung noticed it and grinned wider.
 
You clenched your fist and tilted your head with a fixed expression, “Something I learned from you, unnie.” 
 
This time it was Hyunjung’s turn to turn red. 
 
Kyungmi rolled her eyes. “, let’s just go out for a smoke break. Coming ~~~~~?” 
 
You shook your head. “No, I have some thing to do.”
 
Kyungmi rolled her eyes again, and nodded the other girls to follow her. 
 
Sighing, you ran your fingers through your long hair. *Perhaps he’s in the cafeteria, it is lunch.* 
 
The cafeteria was huge. It was like a two times a soccer field. After 2 rounds around the cafeteria and looking like an idiot, you gave up. 
 
You sat by an empty table. 
 
You tuck the envelope in your bag and waited. Slowly, your lids began to get heavy. Sighing, you put your bag on the table and laid your head on it. 
 
--
 
“Omo, what is he doing?!” 
 
“How dare he go up to Noona like that?!” 
 
Jinyoung sat by the chair next to yours and stared intently at your face. *Is she really sleeping?* Your bangs swept across your face as your long thick lashes cascaded down.
 
“Hyung, what are you doing?!” Sandeul whispered beside him.
 
Baro flicked Sandeul on the head. “Obviously, he’s looking at his lover.” 
 
Jinyoung turned to Baro’s direction and gave him a death glare and mouthed, ‘shut up.’
 
“Hyung,” Gongchan said fearfully. “Honestly, what are you doing? Students are looking at us.”
 
Jinyoung shrugged as he gazed at your beautiful, sleeping face. “Let them.”
 
CNU sighed. “Guys, let’s just leave him be.” 
 
“But hyung,” Gongchan protested. “She’s a Queenka. Hyung will get his kicked.” 
 
CNU paused and thought about it.
 
Sandeul looked at you intently. “I don’t think she’s the type to. She looks too nice. Plus, she isn't the Angel Queenka for no reason.”
 
Baro nodded in agreement. 
 
“Come on, let’s just leave your hyung be,” CNU insisted before he left.
 
The others followed after him, looking back at the hyung in both fear and excitement. 
 
Jinyoung continued to gaze at your pretty, flawless skin. The temptation to touch it was high but he resisted. 
 
There was a tickling on your skin which made your nose twitch. 
 
The bell finally rang, lunch was now over. 
 
Rubbing your eyes; you blinked your eyes open slowly. 
 
Your eyes rounded widely. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” You yelped.
 
Jinyoung tilted his head with a big smile. “You’re cute when you’re sleep.” 
 
You backed away from him. 
 
All the students were piling out the cafeteria, but they kept looking back at you and Jinyoung. 
 
You rubbed your eyes again. “You’re creepy.” 
 
He pouted. “Well, you looked lonely. I didn’t want you to look like a loner.”
 
You clenched your teeth together. “I’d rather be alone than be next to you.” 
 
“Ouch,” Jinyoung playfully touched his heart. “That hurts.”
 
You rolled your eyes so hard that you were going to get a headache. You got up and put your backpack on. 
 
Jinyoung smiled and shook his head before rising up as well going the opposite direction. 
 
As you were going to exit, you realized: THE ENVELOPE! 
 
You smacked your head and ran back to him. “YA! JINYOUNG-SSI!” 
 
Jinyoung stopped cold in his tracks, as his heart pounded excitedly. *She remembers my name!! Okay, keep your cool Jinyoung. Stop smiling so wide like an idiot. Alright, now turn.* 
 
Jinyoung turned towards you with a pokerface. “Yes?” 
 
You shared a small smile. *I know he won’t accept just like that... but I’ll cheat my way!* “Your backpack is open, here let me close it.”
 
Jinyoung smiled, baffled as he slightly craned his neck back to look. “Really? I swear I zipped it…”
 
“No! Here, let me zip it!” You faked a sweet smile. 
 
Jinyoung turned around and let you zip it up. You giggled as you threw the envelope in and re-zipped his bag. 
 
“There,” you beamed. “Have a good day, today!” 
 
Jinyoung frowned. *Crap, taking care of the Elderly today.* “I’ll try. See ya.” He saluted you. 
 
You winked which made his heart do flip flops. You turned and a devious smile came across your lips. “That was too easy.”