3

My Strange Oppa

 

 
Jinyoung was thankful that he only had classes with CNU. 
 
Sandeul and Baro was a grade lower than them, which meant he didn’t have to deal with their constant teasing. 
 
It was when the lunch bell rang, that’s when he began to dread it. 
 
CNU gave him a reassuring pat on the back as they made their way to the cafeteria. “I’m sure they have forgotten about it.”
 
Jinyoung nodded. “I hope so because they are so embarrassing.”
 
“And you aren’t?” CNU laughed. 
 
Jinyoung lightly elbowed him as he laughed along. 
 
Baro, Sandeul and Gongchan were already in line holding their trays. 
 
The moment he saw Baro do a winky face while nudging Sandeul, Jinyoung knew that the teasing is yet to be over. 
 
“Did you see your girlfriend yet, hyung?” Baro asked as Jinyoung grabbed a tray.
 
Jinyoung ignored him and stood behind CNU.
 
CNU gave a stern look to Baro. “No more teasing for the day.”
 
“It’s not really teasing,” Sandeul defended. “More like… revealing the truth.” 
 
“Okay, okay. Yaya, I like the Queenka. Can you both shut up now?” Jinyoung appeared behind CNU. 
 
Sandeul and Baro laughed loudly which caused Jinyoung's cheeks to turn pink. He looked away to hide his shy confession. 
 
Gongchan shook his head in amusement. 
 
The others waited while Jinyoung got his food. 
 
*Do I want spaghetti today… or should I stick with fries? Or maybe I’ll get glass noodles….* Jinyoung scanned it carefully and decided on Spaghetti. 
 
They walked around looking for a table.
 
Baro was eyeing Jinyoungs spaghetti carefully. “Hyung?”
 
“What?” Jinyoung replied absent-mindedly. 
 
“Your spaghetti…” Baro said with a tint of amusement.
 
Sandeul looked down at the red sauce. 
 
“What about it?” Jinyoung looked down at it as well. So did CNU and Gongchan.
 
“Your spaghetti was as red as your face this morning!” Baro laughed.
 
Sanduel laughed and hi fived him. 
 
Jinyoung’s mouth popped wide open as he stared at the red sauce. Without noticing, he walked into someone spilling his food all over them.
 
“Ahhhh!” he heard a high pitch scream.
 
Loud gasps were heard throughout the whole cafetorium.
 
“Uh oh, hyung.” Sandeul gulped beside him. 
 
Gongchan eyes were wide as he nudged for Jinyoung to look up.
 
Jinyoung bit his lip and slowly looked up. 
 
His eyes went wide with shock as he was face to face with you.
 
You frowned in pleasure as your white uniform was tainted with red pasta sauce. 
 
Hyunjung smirked. *Her true colours better come out.* 
 
“I’m SOOO SORRY!!” Jinyoung apologized as he dropped his tray. He grabbed a handkerchief from his pocket and began wiping it on your chest.
 
“AHHH!! Stop!” You screeched. Jinyoung dropped his hands and stepped away from your in shame and embarrassment.
 
“You ert!” Hwayoung yelled in disbelief. “Do you realize what you just did?!” 
 
Kyungmi looked at the boys in disgust. “Do you realize how expensive this uniform is?” 
 
Although you felt upset that your white, pristine shirt was ruined, and violated at what this strange boy just did, you felt bad that he was getting yelled at by the girls. 
 
Jinyoung looked down wordlessly. All the blood rushed to his cheeks and ears. 
 
“Hyung didn’t mean to do that!” Sandeul defended.
 
Baro nodded. “You should have watched where you were going!” 
 
Another round of gasp swept the cafeteria. 
 
“Mwoh?” Hwayoung said in disbelief. 
 
Hyunjung raised her eyebrows. “Do you know who we are?” 
 
Gongchan rolled his eyes and stepped in. “We know who you are. The whole school knows who you are.” 
 
Hyunjung and Hwayoung looked at each other and fumed at Gongchan.
 
Kyungmi raised her hands in irritation. “Kay well, tell your little friend here that he owes ~~~~~ a new uniform top.” 
 
Jinyoung snapped his head up. “I’m sorry, I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to!” He clasped his hands together. 
 
“Forget it,” you said. 
 
The girls gaped at you. 
 
“Are you serious?” Hyunjung said in disbelief.
 
Hwayoung looked at you in disgust. “You’re a Queenka, you’re just going to let it go?” 
 
You looked at Jinyoung again. He didn’t meet your eyes.
 
You shrugged. “I’ll buy a new one. I should have watched where I was going, it was my fault.” 
 
*Unbelievable.* Kyungmi shook her head in disbelief. She walked away.
 
The girls looked at you then each other. They followed after Kyungmi. 
 
The students whispered amongst each other.
 
“~~~~~ unnie is really nice!” 
 
“Stupid boy, should have watched where he was going.”
 
You looked at the content of food that was spilled all over the floor and then back at the strange boy who had phoenix-like eyes. 
 
“It’s okay. It wasn’t your fault. I’m sorry for walking into you like that,” you smiled at him and his friends and left. 
 
Jinyoung clenched his hands together, not daring to look up. That made him feel even worse.
 
CNU gave his shoulder a hard squeeze. “Are you okay?” 
 
Jinyoung remained silent.
 
Baro and Sandeul looked at each other guiltily. “Hyung,” they both said unison. “We are really, really sorry.” 
 
“Come on, let’s go eat,” Gongchan said, trying to lighten up the atmosphere. 
 
The boys led them to an empty table. “You can share with me,” Gongchan said.
 
Jinyoung shook his head. “I’m not hungry anymore.” 
 
He sighed and then buried his face in his arms as he drowned in embarrassment.