50

My Strange Oppa

 

 
The second semester was coming up soon. Unfortunately, you were not going back.
 
It was still exams for other students, while you and Jinyoung finished yours.
 
You were meeting up with Jinyoung later on.
 
You went to school by yourself so you can pack up every thing in your locker and inform your teachers that you weren’t returning. 
 
Fortunately for you, there was an empty cardboard box that was sturdy enough for you to carry everything in. You tippytoed as you found old things in your locker: notebooks, pens, lost erasers, and notes.
 
There were even old confession letters from boys that were brave enough to tell you. A smile lit up your face as you remembered it. You would politely decline it, but you were kind enough to accept their letters.
 
“Huh, I feel kind of bad for forgetting about them.” You sighed and put them in the box and promised that you would read it when you go home.
 
Once you were done, you picked up the box and headed to Ms. Jung.
 
Upon going there, you bumped into the 3 Queenka’s.
 
Kyungmi’s now short boy cut was the talk of the whole school. She used that opportunity to shave the side of her head to appear more ‘bad .’
 
She stared at you coldly. “What are you doing?”
 
You gave her your usual angelic smile. “I’m packing.”
 
Hwayoung began to laugh.
 
Hyunjung as usual had bubble gum in . “Why? Are you leaving?” She joked.
 
You nodded truthfully. 
 
All of them gaped at you. “Are you serious?!?”
 
You nodded again. They looked at each other, and their expressions were plagued with guilt. 
 
“Look Kyungmi unnie, I want to apologize on Jinyoung oppa’s behalf about what happened. I know I should have apologized earlier—”
 
Kyungmi put her hand up. “Don’t. I got it.” She rolled her eyes. “Tell your of a boyfriend I said sorry for taking away his first kiss.”
 
You looked at her with wide eyes. *Kyungmi? Apologize? That’s a first.*
 
“Where are you moving to?” Hwayoung asked curiously.
 
“America,” you replied in a sad tone.
 
The girls nodded, letting the information sink in.
 
Kyungmi heaved a sigh and stuck her hand out.
 
You looked at it as if she was going to do something to you.
 
You smiled nervously. “You know I would shake your hands too, if I wasn’t carrying this box.”
 
“Oh. Right.” Kyungmi cleared . “Well. Good luck in America. Don’t get bullied there, araso?”
 
You nodded, “gomawo unnie.”
 
For once, the girls gave you a sincere smile as they turned their backs to you.
 
Your eyes sparkled. *I’m glad we could end on a good note.* “Bye bye unnies….” You refused to cry and continued to make your way to Ms. Jung’s room to tell her the news.