8

My Strange Oppa

 

The weekend went by too quick. 
 
After the dinner date with your Father on Friday, you spent the whole weekend finishing up your homework. 
 
You didn’t see your father much. He was out a lot, running his own errands. 
 
From the loneliness and lack of social contact, you have successfully finished your two essays, a report and 10 pages of math. 
 
You closed the math textbook and threw it in your bag. You put it on the floor and lay back down on your bed. 
 
“Free at last!” you stretched with a defiant smile on your face. 
 
You looked at the clock that hung from above your head. It was already 11pm. 
 
“Perhaps I should have ready for bed,” you said out loud. Shrugging, you got up but then you paused when your heard your cell phone ring. You ran to it and picked it up without checking the name.
 
“Hello?” you answered.
 
“~~~~,” said the familiar, cold voice that you’ve grown so used to hearing. 
 
Your face lit up. “Hey unnie~”
 
“Party tonight, starts around 12 at Club Live What do you say?” Kyungmi asked on the other line. 
 
“Er…” You hesitated. 
 
“Do you remember what I said last time?” she hissed on the other line. 
 
You frowned, “but unnie. It’s late. Plus, we have school tomorrow.” 
 
“Forget it, Miss Angel won’t come.” You heard Hyunjung from the other line. 
 
Your frown set deeper. 
 
“~~~~, I’m asking you one last time. Will you come tonight?” Kyungmi asked icily. 
 
*Appa is going to blow his top off if he doesn’t see in my bed.* You bit your lip and began to formulate a plan inside your head. After a second of hesitation, you asked, “Will we be back before sunrise? I can’t afford to get caught.” 
 
Kyungmi smirked. “Of course, we’ll definitely be home by then. I promise you.” 
 
“Okay, unnie, see you!” You beamed.
 
“Wait before you hang up,” Kyungmi said sweetly. “Dress less conservative tonight, please. Be someone else, and not you.”
 
With that, the line went dead.