21

My Strange Oppa

 

 
The school ball was nearing. The event was always on December 24th, the day before Christmas.
 
That was also the day of your Father’s birthday.
 
This was the reason why you never attended the ball. Many boys and sunbae’s have had the courage to ask you, but you would always politely decline.
 
No matter what, your father always came first.
 
It was his special day, and you would never ditch him. 
 
You spent a majority of the day finishing up your homework. You always did all your work first, so that you had time for the rest of the break to sit back and relax.
 
The clock ticked slowly. You finished up one report. You had one more and a few pages of math to do. 
 
You got up and stretched. You looked at the time, and it felt like time hasn’t moved at all. It was almost one 1 and your Dad wasn’t home yet.
 
You wanted to make plans with him on his birthday. You went downstairs and waited in the living room for him. 
 
As you the T.V, you laid down on your couch. Your eyes began to grow heavy, and before you knew it, you dozed off. 
 
There was a loud slam from the door a few minutes later. 
 
Your Dad entered in, looking a bit shaken. His hands were on his face as he wiped away the cold sweat. 
 
He hissed underneath his breath and stared at the bloody cuts on his hands. As he approached the washroom, he heard noises from the T.V. He walked to the living room and he softened slightly. 
 
*She must have been waiting for me.* He sighed. 
 
You were sleeping with one arm above your hand while the other lay limply. Your breathing was even and quiet. 
 
Your Dad quickly washed up his cuts and went back to you. He kneeled down and was plagued with guilt. He your face gently and sighed out in frustration. “Your father is a babo…” 
 
After composing himself, your father gently shook you. “~~~~~~.”
 
You stirred slightly as your lids opened halfway.
 
“~~~~~ wake up, it’s not comfortable sleeping here. Get up.” He said softly. 
 
“Appa?” you rubbed your eyes as you slowly got up.
 
“Mhm, it’s Appa,” he chuckled. “Do you want me to carry you up like a little princess?”
 
You let out a sleepy chuckle and shook your head. “I’m not a baby anymore. You might break your back.”
 
He frowned. “Hey! I’m not an old man.”
 
You smiled and got up. You both were walking upstairs when suddenly you stopped midway. 
 
Your Dad bumped into you, mildly surprised by your abrupt stop. “~~~~, you okay?”
 
You spun around. “Appa, your birthday is coming up, make time for me, araso?”
 
He stiffened up a bit. 
 
You noticed his discomfort and frowned.
 
“Appa, you have been so busy lately. I just miss you so much. I want to spend time with you on your special,” you frowned even deeper.
 
Your father softened and your cheeks. “I’ll try my best, araso? I’ll come home early tomorrow and we’ll talk about it.”
 
You nodded but froze when you saw the cuts on his hands. He followed your eyes and put his hands in his pockets. “~~~~~, go sleep, now.”
 
Hesitating, you nodded. *Work must be tough….* 
 
“Sleep well, araso ~~~~,” your father kissed the top of your head before heading into his room.
 
You stood by the door for a moment. You had a weird feeling in your stomach. Sighing once more, you shut your door. 
 
---
 
A/N: DID YOU GUYS HEAR B1A4 WAS GOING TO DO HELLO BABY? LOL, oh my godddd, just imagine Jinyoung as a daddy, how awkwardly cute is that going to be?!?! :)