38

My Strange Oppa

 

 
You were waiting in front of your house for Jinyoung. He had gone home to shower and change out of his clothes.
 
You were blowing hot air into your cheek as you waited for him. 
 
“~~~~~~!” You heard his familiar, sweet voice call your name.
 
Your head turned to the left and you smiled coyly at him.
 
Jinyoung ran to you and smiled. His cheeks were flushed red from the cold weather. You shook your head and smiled. “You should dress warmly, or you’ll get sick again!” You wagged your finger in front of him.
 
“Aw, are you worried about me now?” Jinyoung teased.
 
You grew embarassed and stuck out your tongue and began walking.
 
Jinyoung chuckled and ran after you.
 
“Aren’t your hands cold?” Jinyoung asked.
 
You looked down and realized you didn’t wear your mittens today. “Oh shoot, my mits are at home.”
 
Jinyoung smiled. “It’s okay.” He took your hand in his and tightly laced his fingers with yours. “I’ll be your mitten.” He gave you a wink as he pulled you forward.
 
Your cheeks were already pink but his words made them turn a shade darker. 
 
When you walked through the school doors, students gasped as they saw your hand in Jinyoung’s.
 
“Are they dating?!”
 
“Obviously! They are holding hands!”
 
“How did he manage to capture her heart?! He’s just a regular guy!”
 
You smiled and gazed forward. *He didn’t even ask me out….* 
 
You stopped by Jinyoung’s locker. His group of friends were already there. They were gawking at you two. You released your hand from Jinyoung’s and stuffed them in your pockets. 
 
“Hyung… are you and noona….?” Gongchan raised his eyebrow.
 
CNU elbowed high slightly. “Isn’t it obvious?”
 
Jinyoung shyly rubbed the back of his head as he chuckled nervously.
 
“I’ll see you later, okay?” You gave Jinyoung a quick peck on the cheek. The boys mouth widened into a huge O at the sight of that. You gave the boys a heart fluttering wink and ran off.
 
“Hyung! You ditched for one day, and that’s what happened?” Baro asked in amazement.
 
Jinyoung bit his lip. “To be honest… I didn’t even ask her out yet….”
 
“Then how did this happened?!” Sandeul used his hands as puppets and made them kiss each other.
 
All the blood rushed to Jinyoung’s already flushed cheeks. “I..I don’t know. I confessed!”
 
“Ahhhh! How unmanly!” Sandeul clucked his tongue.
 
Jinyoung gave him a dark look as he shut his locker.
 
“Hey, what do you mean it’s unmanly? Chicks dig the whole romeo stuff.” Baro nudged Sandeul.
 
Sandeul scoffed. “But Jinyoung hyung is NOT a romeo.”
 
“YA!” Jinyoung punched Sandeul on the shoulder.
 
CNU laughed. “That’s what you get for making fun of your hyung.” Then he crossed his arms. “So where were you two yesterday?”
 
Jinyoung smiled and leaned against his locker like a young boy that was struck in love. (Which he kind of is.) “I was at her house.” He touched his cheek to where you kissed him as he looked down with a shy smile. “I slept over.”
 
“MWOH?!” The boys asked in outrage.
 
“How?!” CNU’s eyes bugged out white.
 
“WHY?” Gongchan put his hands up questionably. 
 
Baro and Sandeul gave him sly looks as they raised their eyebrows at him.
 
The bell rang. 
 
“AWW MAN!” Sandeul frowned. “I wanted to know what happened.”
 
Jinyoung pushed himself off the lockers and shrugged. “I’ll tell you later.” 
 
Baro narrowed his eyes at him. “Better not spare anything. I want details.”
 
“Me, too! Better not do anything gross to noona.” Gongchan shuddered at the thought.
 
Jinyoung and CNU laughed as they waved bye to their dongsaengs.
 
“So,” CNU said as they headed to class together. “Are you planning to ask her out?”
 
Jinyoung smiled. “I can ask her out anytime.”
 
CNU rolled his eyes as he folded his arms. “You know what I mean.”
 
Jinyoung walked to his seat. Him and CNU were the first two in class.
 
“Soon. I want it to be special.” Jinyoung breathed out in content as he remembered his kiss with you. 
 
CNU chuckled. “Love struck fool.”
 
Jinyoung nodded, dazedly. “You betcha.”