6

My Strange Oppa

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xl-4y0pYGI (I seriously cannot remember all the songs I placed in the chapters.... OTL)
 
By the end of the week, you were piled with so much homework you felt like you could literally drown in it. 
 
The clock seems to be unmoving. Every time you look back at it, the hand didn’t appear to move an inch. 
 
Sighing, you forced yourself to pay attention to the teacher as you jot down notes. 
 
*Lunch bell… hurry up.* You groaned. 
 
If you were more like Kyungmi, Hwayoung and Hyunjung, you would have asked a student to do your homework. 
 
The thing was, you weren’t. You were different from them. You wanted to prove that just because you were a Queenka, it didn’t mean that you had the authority to push people around. 
 
Like a calling from the heavens, the lunch bell rang. Your head snapped up from the noise. 
 
“Alright class, enjoy your lunch.” Ms. Jung said as she piled papers on her desk. 
 
“No History homework?” asked one student.
 
Ms. Jung shook her head with a soft smile. 
 
You fist pumped excitedly. *Yes! No History homework! One less class to worry about!* 
 
As you piled your books in your bag, Ms. Jung walked up to you.
 
You looked up with curious eyes. 
 
“~~~~-ssi, I have been meaning to talk to you,” she said.
 
You tilted your head slightly as you zipped your bag and strapped it over your shoulders. “Yes?” 
 
She put her hands on her hips. “Well the school board decided that they will have an after school program where students have to take care of the Eldery until the end of first semester.” 
 
You nodded along.
 
“I’m lucky enough to be the chosen teacher who gets to choose which student gets this opportunity. In return for the hard work, the student is given community hours and a very, well written reference letter for University.” She beamed at you.
 
“Oh…” You replied, starting to get the hint. 
 
“And the student I choose is you!” Ms. Jung patted your shoulder. 
 
*Nuuuuuuuuuuu.* You thought miserably. 
 
“Is it too much for you to handle ~~~~~-ssi?” Ms. Jung asked, noticing your discomfort and the frown on your usual smiling lips. 
 
You immediately shook your head. “No, it’s not like that.” *It’s just I have so much homework, and Kyungmi would definitely not approve of this. It’s bad enough I have the rep as the Angel Queenka.* 
 
“I chose you because you are one of our top students and it would mean the world to me,” Ms. Jung frowned. 
 
*Dammit, guilt trip.* You thought bitterly. 
 
“But if you don’t want to…” Ms. Jung hesitated. “I can choose another student.” 
 
You clenched your teeth together, contemplating on the idea while you played with the straps on your backpack. 
 
“But you really are our best student,” Ms. Jung insisted as she looked at you with her, tired, old eyes. 
 
*I give up.* You heaved a deep sigh and nodded. “I’ll do it.”
 
“Really?” she clarified. 
 
“Really,” you nodded, scratching your head. 
 
“Great! It’s at Seoul Elderly Residence! You start on Monday. It’s only on the week days after school, good luck!” Ms. Jung patted you on shoulder again.
 
You faked a smile. “Great…. I’ll be off to lunch now if that’s all.” You bowed and left quickly.
 
“Oh wait,” Ms. Jung whispered. “I forgot to tell her she had a partner… Oh, well. It’d be a great surprise for her on Monday.” 
 
Jinyoung came out to the cafeteria late, since his teacher forced him to stay back for talking too much. 
 
As he was walking past all the tables, he caught a glimpse of your table.
 
The other girls were sitting and talking, non stop chattering. He noticed you were looking somewhere else with a distant expression.
 
You look back down at your tray of food, but it didn't look like you had any intention of eating anything.
 
*I wonder what’s on her mind.* Jinyoung thought. 
 
“Over here!!” Sandeul called. 
 
Jinyoung broke free from his reverie and look up. He smiled widely, and headed over to them. Yet his mind was still on you. 
 
CNU shook his head. “I told you to shut up, or Mr. Mach would release his wrath on you!” 
 
Jinyoung made a face. “I shut up when I want to. No teacher can tell me what to do.”
 
Gongchan snorted. “This is coming from someone who will be taking care of the elderly next Monday?”
 
“Oh yeah…” Jinyoung completely forgot about that.
 
“Babo!” Baro snickered. “How on earth did he get this opportunity?! He’s probably going to forget to give them their meds!” 
 
Sandeul chortled. “He’s probably not even going to remember to show up!”
 
Baro barked out a loud laugh and hi fived Sandeul.
 
Jinyoung smacked them both on the head and stole Sandeul’s apple. 
 
“HEY!” Sandeul whined. “THAT’S MINE!” 
 
Jinyoung stuck out his tongue and took a big bite of it. “Mine now.” He took another bite. “For the record, I won’t forget. I have a great memory!” He tapped his temple. While he spoke some of the apple bits flew out. 
 
Gongchan rolled his eyes and pushed his tray away. “Appetite lost.”
 
“Can you eat with your mouth closed, please?” requested CNU as he shook his head. 
 
Jinyoung snickered. Baro and Sandeul did, too. 
 
Jinyoung took another bite of the apple and turned your direction. 
 
Even from a mile away, he can still spot you. You look so stressed, it made his heart ache. *I hope she uses that money well… it wasn’t much, but it’s all I can give for now.*