25

My Strange Oppa

 

 
You and Jinyoung were sitting on a bench in the cemetery. 
 
Your hands clutched onto the bottom of it tightly while you bit your lip. 
 
Jinyoung was flushed tomato red as he thought back to the moment you guys hugged. 
 
Your emotions were mixed now. You were upset, angry and slightly embarrassed. As your thoughts ran wildly again, tears fell from your eyes.
 
You gritted your teeth together. *Get a grip ~~~~~!* 
 
“Oh,” you manage to say out when Jinyoung made you look up at him. He wiped away your tears with his thumb. You looked into his soft eyes, and were at lost for words.
 
“D-d-don’t touch me like that,” you stuttered as you pulled back. 
 
This time it was your turn to turn red. 
 
Jinyoung sighed looked away.
 
When you knew he wasn’t looking at you, you looked at him. Your eyebrows raised in curiosity. *Was he on his way to the ball?*
 
The wind blew harsly in the night air. It was dark now, and the moon was out. It felt strange… but Jinyoung’s feature seems to match quite well underneath the moonlit night.
 
“I thought you were going on a date?” Jinyoung said without looking at you.
 
You quickly looked away. “I was.”
 
Jinyoung slowly turned towards you. “What happened?”
 
You frowned, “I don’t really want to talk about it.”
 
“You know it’s not good bottling up all those feelings,” Jinyoung pointed out. “Like what happened just now—”
 
You turned pink. “Sh! Sh! It was just a break down. I’m fine now.” 
 
Jinyoung gazed at you.
 
Your eyes somewhat wandered up and you stared back at him. There was a zip that went down both your spine. 
 
*Why can’t I look away?* You thought. *God, black looks heavenly on him….*
 
Jinyoung smiled, and surprised you when he caught a strand of your hair flying. He tucked it behind your ear and straightened up. 
 
“~~~~~, if you ever need someone to talk to, don’t hesitate to call me,” Jinyoung gave you a crooked grin. “I would run to you, literally I would.” *Because seeing you cry just now just made me realize how much in love I am with you. I can’t bare to see you in pain.* 
 
You gulped. “What makes you think I can trust you with a-anything?” You bit your lip.
 
The softness in his dark brown eyes returned. “Because, with me, you can finally act like yourself.” 
 
You stiffened up. What he said was true. Only Jinyoung and your father have seen the real sides of you. The side where you aren’t always an angel. You were a person, with feelings. 
 
Jinyoung laughed.
 
You looked at him, confused now. 
 
“Your impatient, and get easily upset. You hate when people annoy you, and you hate it when people try to help you.” Jinyoung chuckled. “It’s cute.”
 
*EHHHH?!* Your eyes widened. 
 
You quickly changed the topic. “How did you find me?”
 
Jinyoung froze now. “Haha….” He sheepishly scratched his head. 
 
You gave him a look. “You didn’t… stalk me did you?”
 
“NOOOO !! NO ! NO !!! NOOOOO!” Jinyoung shook his hands around. “I did not. I just. I saw you… and I… I just… wow. Um… I was on my way to the ball!”
 
You sighed and shook your head. “The ball? But school was the opposite direction?”
 
Jinyoung swallowed hard and sighed. *Crap, I am going to get busted.* 
 
Then you realized something. It kind of gave your heart a squeeze when you thought about it. “Were you picking up your date?” 
 
Jinyoung’s mouth widened. *How could she think that?!*
 
You looked him up and down. Jinyoung was definitely a prince charming tonight. 
 
“I WAS NOT!” Jinyoung screamed. 
 
You hushed him. “Jinyoung oppa!”
 
*Oppa?!* Jinyoung grew dazed.
 
You realized what you just said and you covered your mouth.
 
Jinyoung smiled slyly as he elbowed you lightly. “Ehhh, what did you just say?” 
 
You shoved him away. “Go away! Go find your date!” 
 
Jinyoung gaped at you. Before he could stop himself, he blurted out, “I didn’t have a date! I wasn’t going to the ball. I just wanted to see you!” 
 
Jinyoung’s eyes widened in realization and he covered his mouth now.
 
Your eyes rounded at his answer. You turned away so he couldn’t see your smile. 
 
Something wet landed on your head. 
 
Jinyoung gasped. “Snow!”
 
You and him looked up towards the dark sky.
 
The first snow of the year began to fall down the sky to earth. 
 
You and Jinyoung looked back at each other. 
 
Jinyoung’s watch beeped. His breath taking smile appeared again as he gazed down at you. 
 
For the first time, your heart began to race at a simple gesture.
 
“~~~~~, Merry Christmas Rudolf the red nose reindeer,” Jinyoung poked your nose. “Be happy. Always be happy.”
 
You couldn’t help but smile as you playfully slapped his hands away, “Merry Christmas.” 
 
I didn’t know, I didn’t know that love had already come. I didn’t know that Jinyoung could be the source of my happiness. I didn’t know that Jinyoung could just simply take the misery away. I didn’t know that he could make me forget about everything bad. If I knew sooner, I definitely would have held onto him with all my might.