45

My Strange Oppa

 

 
There was one only a week left of the program. Unfortunately, that was exam week.
 
You weren’t able to go but you and Jinyoung had called halmoni and halboji and promised them that once exam week was over, you and Jinyoung would take them out on a celebrative event.
 
Your father hadn’t spoken to you since the time he came into your room.
 
He became more like a ghost that travelled behind your every move without any sounds.
 
You couldn’t bring it to talk to Jinyoung about what happened. The more you thought about it, the more it stung your heart. *Was I wrong for calling my father selfish?*
 
You, Jinyoung and his group of friends decided to do some last minute study for your final exams.
 
“I can’t do this!” Jinyoung scratched his head in frustration. He put his head down into the book and buried himself miserably.
 
“Hyung! You didn’t even try!” Gongchan complained.
 
Jinyoung looked up and pointed to the book exasperatedly. “How on earth can I understand calculus? I’m going to fail and it’s all your fault hyung.” He glared at CNU.
 
CNU smiled innocently. “I told you Jinyoung, you can do anything you put your mind to it.”
 
“Ugh, you always have to be such a mom hyung,” Sandeul gave him a gross look.
 
“Sh! Keep it down, I’m actually trying to study.” Baro gave them an annoyed look.
 
Sandeul and Gongchan burst in to laughter.
 
“You? Study? Since when!” Sandeul guffawed.
 
Baro harrumphed at them and continued studying.
 
“Sandeul, why did you come if you knew you wouldn’t study?” CNU gave him a questionable look.
 
Sandeul shrugged. “Just… didn’t want to be excluded.”
 
Jinyoung gave him a cheeky smile and then slung his arm around Sandeul. “What a cutie, of course we wouldn’t abandon you dongsaeng.” 
 
Every one laughed.
 
Jinyoung was laughing but immediately stopped when he saw that faraway look in your eyes again. He unravelled his arms Sandeul and went over to you. 
 
He bent down to your eye level and looked at you. “What’s wrong baby?” 
 
You blinked a bit, and then broke out of your reverie. “Huh? Oh, nothing.” You smiled. 
 
Jinyoung gave you an uneasy look. “Do you want to talk about anything?”
 
You shook your head with a smile. 
 
“Remember I’m always here for you, araso?” Jinyoung reassured you. He leaned in and gave you several pecks on the lips.
 
You smiled as you wrapped you arms around him.
 
“Hyung! If you’re going to do that, do it somewhere else please!” Baro complained as he covered his eyes. “I need to study!” 
 
You turned pink as you hugged Jinyoung’s neck. 
 
Jinyoung made a face. “Who told you to come?”
 
You giggled at the pair. 
 
“Hey, did you see need help before?” You pulled away from Jinyoung.
 
Jinyoung’s face turned red. He rubbed his head nervously and nodded. “Calculus.”
 
“I’ll help. Bring your chair and book over.” You released your grip on him as you urged him. He made a face but of course, he couldn’t say no.
 
As you wrote tiny notes for him, and told him the formulas and step by steps, Jinyoung slowly understood. His handsome face lit up brightly as he understood it now. “Ahhhh! So that’s how you do it!!” 
 
You nodded encouragingly with a wide smile. 
 
“Noona, you must be really amazing. If Jinyoungie hyung understands calculus, that means you can do anything.” Sandeul said in awe struck.
 
You smiled and your eyes caught the time on the clock. You immediately shot up with wide eyes. “Oh! Oppa, it’s time for our exams, let’s go!” 
 
You and the boys packed up and ran to your exam hall.
 
Jinyoung and you had to part ways. 
 
“Okay oppa, good luck araso?!” You put two thumbs up. Before you could run off, Jinyoung grabbed your wrist and leaned in to give you a passionate kiss on the lips. You smiled as you closed your eyes. 
 
You pulled away first and smiled. You wiped his bottom lip and winked. “Kiss for good luck, huh? GOOD LUCK OPPA!”
 
Jinyoung grinned angelically as he waved off to you. “Good luck to you, too baby!”