43

My Strange Oppa

 

 
As Jinyoung walked you home, he hummed a soothing lullaby as he held onto your hand.
 
In your mind, you replayed what your father told you this morning. Your eyebrows creased together in distress, and without noticing the icy pathway, you slipped.
 
“Ahhh!” You squealed. 
 
Lucky for you, Jinyoung caught you in his arms before you fell face front.
 
“~~~~~! Careful, the ice is everywhere.” Jinyoung straightened you up with a smile.
 
Your eyes were distant and you nodded. “Mianhae.”
 
Jinyoung tilted his head as he scanned your face. You were whiter than than the snow. “What’s wrong? Are you getting sick?” He tightened your scarf a bit and then placed a hand on your forehead. You softly took his hands off as you shook your head.
 
“What’s with the faraway look in your eyes?” Jinyoung asked, his face full of concern. You could hear the worry in his voice.
 
*It’s time to be more open. I mean… he’s… someone special to me now. I should be able to tell him.* You gathered up the courage as you opened your mouth. “My father came back home.”
 
Realization dawned upon Jinyoung. He wrapped his arms around you and looked into your eyes. “Then shouldn’t you be happy?”
 
“I should.” You half heartedly agreed. “But I’m not. Since our fight… everything just went down hill.”
 
Jinyoung sighed as he gently tuck your head into his chest. You snuggled against it. You could hear his rapidly beating heart and a smile appeared on your face.
 
“At least he came back right? Maybe he wants to make things right with you two.” Jinyoung comfortingly your hair.
 
You shook your head. “That’s the thing, I don’t know what his intentions are.”
 
“What did you and him talk about?” Jinyoung questioned.
 
You stiffened. *I will not tell him about moving. Simply because I know I won’t.* “I just asked him why he disappeared on me… but he just didn’t tell me. As if he doesn’t trust me.” Your voice trembled at the last part.
 
Jinyoung pulled away, with his hands both on your shoulder. He gazed into your eyes sincerely, and the joker side of him vanished, it was replaced with a sincere and tender look. “~~~~~, if he really loves you, he will tell you in due time. Don’t be miserable if he is keeping something from you, araso? Just be patient and don’t argue with him.”
 
You looked at Jinyoung and bit your lip. 
 
“I can only promise that things will get better.” Jinyoung stuck out his pinky. 
 
You looked at him. Hesitantly, you brought up yours and laced it with his.
 
Jinyoung flashed you a brilliant, crooked grin which made your heart do flip flops. “Gomawo oppa, some how you just always seem to make my days a little brighter.”
 
Jinyoung smiled as he wrapped his long arms around you as he swayed you side to side as he gave you kisses on the forehead. You giggled in his arms as you wrapped your arms tightly around him. 
 
Even through the bitter coldness of winter, Jinyoung always brought out the glowing warmth that kept your life bright and safe. 
 
“Now let’s get going before your appa wonders why you are out so late.” Jinyoung pulled away from you.
 
You smiled and nodded as you hugged onto his arm. A bright smile lit up your face as the once obnoxious jokes Jinyoung made now made seem to be the only thing that kept you happy.