32

My Strange Oppa

 

 
After 8 minutes, 20 seconds of slamming and pounding the door while yelling on top of your lungs, both you and Jinyoung gave up.
 
You sank down on the floor and sighed. 
 
Jinyoung looked at you apologetically and sat down next to you.
 
You gave him a look and shifted away from him. 
 
Jinyoung dropped the blankets from his hands onto his lap.
 
“What?” Jinyoung frowned.
 
You scowled, clearly upset with him. “It’s your fault.”
 
Jinyoung looked at you in disbelief, “my fault?! Who was the one who ran in here?!”
 
“Who was the one who faked the scream?!” You rebutted. 
 
Jinyoung caved in and laugh. “Okay, okay. Mianhae ~~~~~.” He tried to come closer to you, but you shifted farther away.
 
You crossed your arms and looked away.
 
The storage room had an eerie feeling, but you were glad you had Jinyoung next to you. If you were alone you’d definitely pee in your pants. What if there were large spiders roaming around?! You shuddered at the thought of rooming with spiders for the night. You hated strorage rooms. It was dark, cold, and scary. 
 
The only light was coming from was Jinyoung’s phone. 
 
The moment that his phone battery died, you yelped. “Jinyoung!”
 
“Oppa!” Jinyoung corrected you in the dark.
 
You shifted closer to him. Jinyoung’s heart palpitated in his chest. 
 
“Oh, you come to me now when there is no light? You user!” Jinyoung accused jokingly.
 
You frowned in the pitch blackness and pulled your knees up. You wrapped your arms around them and closed your eyes.
 
When you didn’t reply, Jinyoung shook you lightly. “Mianhae ~~~~~.”
 
You sighed and replied, “I know.”
 
“Then what’s wrong?” Jinyoung searched for your face in the dark. 
 
You swallowed hard and bit your lip. “I’m afraid of the dark.” 
 
Jinyoung softened and smiled softly. “Don’t be, I’m here.”
 
“But… I can’t see you,” you whimpered next to him. 
 
Jinyoung can feel you trembling next to him and he felt bad.
 
“It’s my fault, I didn’t mean to scream and scare you,” Jinyoung apologized.
 
You reopened your eyes. You turned your head but you couldn’t see his face. You punched him lightly on the arm.
 
“What was that for?! I apologized!” Jinyoung rubbed his arm. It didn’t hurt since he had his jacket on but he liked teasing you.
 
You frowned. “I wasn’t scared. I was worried that something happened to you.”
 
Jinyoung’s scowl changed into an affectionate, warm smile. His heart did flip flops in his chest. He was happy it was dark so you wouldn’t be able to see how red his face was.
 
“I thought you dropped something on your head, or you tripped,” You teased.
 
Jinyoung grimaced. “I’m not that clumsy!”
 
“Yes, you are oppa!” You fought back with a smile. 
 
You gasped and quickly covered your mouth.
 
“Ehhh,” Jinyoung nudged you as he raised his eyebrow. “Did you just call me oppa again?”
 
“No,” you mumbled against your hand. 
 
Jinyoung laughed his harmonious laugh. You automatically smiled as you heard it.
 
“I like hearing you call me oppa,” Jinyoung admitted.
 
You turned pink at the mention of it. 
 
There was a creepy creak from something in the room.
 
“Ahhh!” You squealed as you put your hands up protectively. 
 
Jinyoung looked at you in concern, “what?”
 
“I’m really, really scared Jinyoung,” you admitted as you bit your lip.
 
Jinyoung frowned. Something came into his mind, but he wasn’t sure if you would go with the plan.
 
You were whimpering even more now. Jinyoung knew that he had to, as long as you felt safe and secure.
 
“Come here,” Jinyoung said softly.
 
“Mwoh?” You said in confusion.
 
Your eyes rounded by the second when you felt his arms wrapping around you waist. He quickly pulled you into his lap and made you sat between his legs.
 
You were extremely heated now. Physically and emotionally.
 
“Oppa, what are you doing?!” You squeaked in chagrin and shyness.
 
Jinyoung smiled and wrapped his arm tighter around your lean stomach. 
 
Your heart beat exhilarated in your chest.
 
He murmured the words in your ears, “keeping you safe.” 
 
You were stiffened in his arms. Though his words melted you, you felt extremely hot now. 
 
Yet… his arms. It felt so comfortable to be in them. Not to mention safe from bugs.
 
Jinyoung’s face was right beside you as he rocked you soothingly. *Why… is my heart reacting like this? Do I like Jinyoung? Jung Jinyoung?* 
 
It remained silent for awhile.
 
“What are you thinking about?” Jinyoung asked suddenly.
 
You were about to turn but you realized his face was next to yours. Though your jacket was thick and his was thick, you could feel his heart racing against his chest. The way it beat against his chest. It pounded loudly. 
 
*WAHHH… what is this? Why are both our hearts beating so fast?* 
 
When you didn’t reply, Jinyoung thought you fell asleep. “Babo, fell asleep…”
 
You were about to reply but Jinyoung continued speaking. 
 
“Of course on my mind, it’s always you. But you wouldn’t know that, right? You wouldn’t know that I only see you.” Jinyoung sighed. He pulled you tighter and sighed in content. “You wouldn’t know how in love I am with you…”
 
If only he knew how large your eyes widened at this very moment. 
 
You felt all the blood rush to your cheeks. The biggest smile was on your face. *Jung Jinyoung, the most annoying boy is in love with me?* At this uncanny and secret confession, your heart boomed loudly in your chest. You bit your lip trying to contain your heart rate.
 
*Babo! What if he finds out your awake.* You closed your eyes, and tried to relax. 
 
But yet, you still couldn’t keep the smile from rubbing off your face. *He’s in love with me all along? My heart… feels like it can explode of out of my chest any minute. Does this mean… I’m in love with him too?*
 
You started to feel bad but that Jinyoung had to hold you like this. 
 
*What if he’s uncomfortable?!* You bit your lip and then an idea popped in your mind.
 
You feigned a yawn and stretched.
 
“You’re awake?” Jinyoung murmured.
 
You nodded as you rubbed your eyes tiredly. “Oppa, let’s grab the blankets you had and lay them down. That way we both can sleep since it doesn't seem like anyone's going to come and save us any time soon.” 
 
Jinyoung gasped. “Really?!”
 
You nodded. 
 
You put the blanket down to make it like a pillow. Both you and Jinyoung laid down on it side by side to each other. 
 
You yawned again and closed your eyes this time, “Jinyoung oppa.”
 
Jinyoung smiled at the way you said oppa. “Mmm?” 
 
You snuggled closer to him. “Hug me to sleep.”
 
Bewildered, Jinyoung stiffended and his eyes grew as big as saucers in shock. 
 
You smiled playfully, “unless you don’t want to.” 
 
“Are you scared?” Jinyoung asked. *I don’t want anyone to think I’m a ert…*
 
You nodded, “very scared.”
 
Without an answer, Jinyoung quickly wrapped his arm around your waist. You smiled widely.
 
“Safe?” Jinyoung asked gently.
 
You nodded with a smile, “very safe.”