Connect

Me and the Boys Volume 3: Closure

Lyra rushed over to the hospital that evening, as she had done all week. But made sure to hurry, as she had gotten the call from TOP earlier about hish sister's condition. TOP's voice was flat when he called, void of any feeling or any hope for that matter. But he needed her there with him, she was the only source of comfort, aside from his pack of Dunhill Lights cigarettes. She arrived to find him  slumped in the chair next to Hye Yoon's bed, staring down at the floor,at nothing in particular.

" Hi." Lyra said as she walked in. TOP snapped his head up and  just stared at her. He then spread his arms out to her. She went and sat on his lap as he engufled her with his arms. There were no words. Nothing was to be said really. What could be said? He was heartbroken. It was a heartbreaking situation. They just held each other. She kissed his forehead and ran her hands through his thick, gold, floppy mane. It was tangled, he defintely had not combed it in days, but it was still nice to the touch. She gently grabbed his face so that their eyes met, tears already forming in her own eyes from the gravity of the situation.

" Have you eaten?", she sniffled, through tears, while his face. He nodded no, as he grasped her tightly unto himself. She continued his face and brushing back his hair with her hands.

" Are you tired.", she asked. He nodded yes.

" I want to sleep...I just can't. But I know I need to.", he said.

" You do.", Lyra replied.

" I love that song you, guys did. It was amazing. I'm sure she heard it .", said TOP,with tears beginning to fall.

" I'll stay awake if you want to sleep.", said Lyra.

" Sing me a song?...your voice ...it's so beautiful.",  he said , dazed. He nestled his head between her head and shoulder and she sang Tori Amos's A Sorta Fairytale. Papa Choi was walking down the hall about to head to Hye Yoon's room when he heard Lyra's voice. He walked to Hye Yoon's door, which was slightly cracked open and saw Lyra in TOP's lap, his hair, while singing.

on my way up north
up on the ventura
i pulled back the hood
and i was talking to you
and i knew then it would be
a life long thing
but i didn't know that we
we could break a silver lining...

Papa Choi just stood there, tears welling up in his eyes. Then he walked away.

................................

The next day SUB-UNIT was in the recording studio, laying down new tracks for the full lenght album. At the moment, YB was recording his parts, while GD was of course multi-tasking,  with Teddy, working on production as well. Lyra and TOP had already recorded their parts and were just sitting on the couch, holding hands and jamming to the music. TOP was bobbing his head,  when he slyly looked over at Lyra.

" Hey, come with me for a sec.",  he said , abruptly standing up. Lyra looked at him , confused.

" Uh, ok - where?", she asked.

" Just come one, for a sec.", he said pulling her up and practically dragging her out of the room. " Be right back.", said TOP as GD and Teddy nodded, never breaking focus on the music. The door closed behind them as TOP pulled Lyra into the hallway. He leaned her against the wall as he moved in close to her.

" Babe? What are you doing?", she giggled.

" This.", he said as he leaned down and softly kissed her. The sensation of his lips on hers, sent chills throughout her body. He had both of her arms, pinned to the wall, while lacing his fingers with hers. The kiss grew deeper, as she took in his mouth, matching his zeal. He had not kissed her like this, since Hye Yoon's accident. Maybe a few small pecks here and there, but nothing as decadently sweet and body tingling as this. He struggled to pull away , as did she, then he stared into her eyes.

" what was that for?", she asked, somewhat breathless.

" Because. Your'e y.", he said planting a tiny peck on her lips. " Your'e beautiful.", he said , giving her another one. " ...and...and , I love you.", he said , gazing at her with those piercing dark eyes of his. She was shocked, but overcome with joy.

" You love me?", she asked again, smiling.

" I do. I really do.", he said. He let go of her arms and hands and placed them on either side of her face. He let his fingers get lost in her curly tresses, while still staring at her.

" I love you too.", she finally said.

" Yeah?", he asked. They were both smiling and giggling like children.

" I do Choi Seunghyun. ", she said as they kissed again.

' I  just...I don't think I'd be able to get through any of this without you jagi. I love you and I need you.", he said as he kissed her again.

" Me too.", said Lyra. They wrapped their arms around one another and hovered in the hallway. Their bodies melded into one as they slowly rocked back and forth to the sound of YB's gentle voice, echoing from inside the studio walls.