Right These Wrongs

Me and the Boys Volume 3: Closure

CAP sat in his bedroom staring down at the Obituaries section of the newspaper. He stared at Soon Tecks name, followed by a description of services to be delegated by Andong Prison. He wanted to be a part of the ceremony of course, it was father. But he knew he couldn't. If anyone knew his father was Soon Teck, a criminal, a key figure in one of Korea's most notorious crime rings to date, his career would take a hit for sure. His coalition would lose a lot of steam, even more that it already was.  Who would take the son of a criminal seriously? Who would trust him, CAP thought to himself. He was angry, angry that his father's life ended the way it did. He decided to make a phone call. He needed to talk to the person, he felt was responsible for his father's death. CAP picked up the phone and dialed. He got Se7en's voicemail immediately. CAP decided to leave  him a message regardless.

" I don't know where you are, but don't think you can hide forever. My father is dead because of you and if you think I'm just going to let that go and pretend I don't know why he killed himself,  then your'e in for a rude awaknening. Men like you need to be stopped and if I can't do it...I'll die trying.", said CAP hanging up He tossed his cell to the side and walked over to one of his dresser drawers and pulled out a gun. He checked it for bullets and cocked it, before pulling a black duffle bag out from under his bed and placing the gun inside.

..........................................

It was 2 in the morning and Lyra had just gotten home from practice. It had been a long day of song rehearsal starting at 7 AM with dance rehearsal right after. With the Big Show back to back with the presidential gala, as well as working on new songs for the full lenght album, SUB-UNIT was extremely busy. Not to mention Lyra was speniding her nights making dinner for the Choi family and spending her limited dinner breaks delivering to them. She didn't mind though, she enjoyed being busy what was harder than any of it was the fact that TOP was so distant. He still hadn't warmed up tp her . He was as cold and angry. He barely talked to anyone during reahearsals and seemd to be annoyed whenever she tried to comfot him or ask how he was doing. She was so sick of it. Luckily she genuinely loved Hye Yoon and Mama Choi and was doing it for their benefit, not for his. She just wanted her old TOP back. She knew he could be a moody guy, but this was ridiculous. She stood in the kitchen with her laptop set up on the counter. She was watching a youtube tutorial on how to make japchae, which was a dish that consisted of boiled potato noodles, steamed spinach, roasted julienned beef, roasted sliced onion and roasted julienned carrots,  mixed with seasoning made of soy sauce, sesame oil and half-refined sugar. She had the noodles in the pot and all the other ingredients out , as she watched the screen closely for direction. Just then her phone rang.

" Are you kidding me? 2 in the morning?" , she grumbled to herself. She ran to grab her phone and saw it was TOP. She sighed and then answered.

" Yobaseyo.", she said , flatly.

" Hi.", he said. There was silence for a moment.

" So are you going to talk or just breath on the phone like some ert? I'm kind of in the middle of something right now.", she said.

" So your'e home?', he asked.

" Yep.", she answered.

" Well, can I come in?", he asked. Lyra was confused.

" What are you talking about?", asked Lyra, slightly irritated.

" I'm at your place.", he said. Lyra hung up the phone and walked to her front door. She opened it and sure enough, there he was , standing there looking adorable in a yellow zip up hoodie and black fitted jeans.

" Come on in.", said Lyra as she walked back into the kitchen. TOP walked in closing the door behind him. He followed her and noticed the boiling pot of noodles and various ingredients on the counter.

" What's all this? You making japchae?", he inquired.

" Yep.", said Lyra staring at the youtube screen and continuing to prepare the dish, not giving TOP any eye contact. TOP walked over,  turned off the tutorial and stood in front of her.

" Will you look at me Lyra?', he asked.

" Oh, so now you feel like talking? Though when I say as much as two words to you, you roll your eyes at me and walk away. I know , you are greiving so I'm gonna give you your space, because it's obvious that's all you want right now. It's clear you don't want me.", she said.

" That's  whay I'm here...to apologize.", he said, Lyra's eyes softened a bit. " I had a long talk with oma and she basically told me I was being an idiot.If I really want this to work, I need to let you in...even when it's hard.", he said looking at Lyra for a reaction.

" I don't understand.", she said.

" The truth is, I don't like people to see this much of me.You seeing me this upset, seeing me so...so vulnerable. Honestly it scares me. Even though I gave you my heart, there is a part of me that likes to keep a certain bit of myself...to myself. My family of course knows me fully, and the guys - but that's about it. I have a hard time trusting anyone else with those parts. But my oma said that if I ever really want to know what it's like to love someone, then I need to let that go. I know it's weird, but shutting you out was just easier... ", he finished.

" Well, thanks for apologizing and I forgive you. But just so you know, it really hurts my feelings that you don't trust me.especially when I give so much of myself to you", she said.

" It's not that I don't trust you, I'm just very guarded, by nature. I let people see as much of me as I allow them to, but I want to let you in, Lyra,  I do...I just don't know how. But honestly Iv'e never wanted to let any of the girls Iv'e dated in...until I met you. It's gonna be hard, but I'm going to try. Because I want this to work, I want you in my life. You are so special to me.", he said with his gorgeous dark eyes. " Look,  Iv'e got issues. We all do, but I'm willing to figure it out. That' s what I came over to tell you...is that I'm willing.", he said with pleading eyes. Lyra saw the sincerity and smiled.

" Okay, we'll figure this out together then.", she said. TOP smiled and pulled her to him , his hands on her waist.

" Thank you Lyra. I'm sorry I hurt you. I'm such a  jerk sometimes, I know...I'm sorry.", he said kissing her sweetly on the lips, then on both her cheeks. She smiled and giggled a little.

" So, you wanna help me make this?", she asked.

" Yeah! Why are you up so late, making food anyways?', he asked,.

" it's the only time I have to cook these days.", she said.

" All of this for yourself? ", he asked.

" No , weirdo, it's for your mom and dad.", she said. TOP had a surprised expression on his face.

" This is for my mom and dad?', he asked.

" Yeah, Iv'e been bringing them dinner all week. your mom didn't tell you?", asked lyra.

" No. So youv'e been staying up late, every night, all week;  cooking dinner for my family?", he asked again.

" Yes.", Lyra laughed , not understanding TOP's reaction. She continued on, chopping up onion, while he stared at her mesmerized, with a huge smile on his face. He then, walked up behind her  and wrapped his arms around her waist. He started giving her tiny little kisses on the side of her face, repeatedly. Lyra began laughing and turned to face him. He was just staring and smiling at her, like a crazy man.

" What?", she asked. He continued staring for a moment more, before he decided to answer.

" Nothing. Let's cook some japchae! You don't need Youtube, when you have a real Korean, standing in your kitchen.", he teased, taking the knife from her hand. Lyra laughed and smiled at him.

" Your'e such babohead, like really.", she teased.