Deal With It

Me and the Boys Volume 3: Closure

After the meeting TOP pulled Lyra aside to speak with her, just as he had promised. Although he was visibly shaken up by the meeting, he was able to gather his thoughts enough to commnicate them to Lyra.

" Can we step outside for a minute?", he asked.

" Sure.", she said as they walked outside away from the cowd that had just exited the conference room. The air outside was damp and cold, it was still winter and Lyra buttoned up her thick wool coat as they stepped in front of the building. TOP looked up to the sky and exhaled before speaking.

" I'm not going to lie. I'm having a rough time with all of this. Seeing my sister go through what she went through almost killed me and just when I think things are starting to look up...this happens. Hyung...he's really like a brother to me, to all of us. He gave me the name, TOP, he taught me how to grow up in this music industry and he took care of me. He wasn't just a brother by name, he was a brother in my heart. He might as well have been blood. So if I seem distant or aloof, it's because I'm trying to deal. I don't mean to shut you out like I did with Hye Yoon, but old habits die hard. Just bear with me. I'm sorry about last night too. When I got home I realized how much I wanted you there, I just thought being with Hye Yoon and focusing on her would get my mind off everything else. I'm sorry if I hurt you or you felt left out.", he told her. Lyra gazed up at him, her soft brown eyes, awash with compassion.She rose up to match his height and placed her arms around neck.

" I love you. Thanks for apologizing, because I did feel like a heel. But I get where your'e at ...and I'm here for you if you need me.", she offered. He squeezed her tightly.

" I know you are.", he said. He released and her face. " We should probably get inside, we have a lot of work ahead of us today.", he said.

" Oh, that reminds me. I need your advice about something.", she inquired as they began walking back  into the building. He held the door open for her.

" What is it?", he asked.

" Well, Hyunjoong texted me, for like the first time in months and said he wants to work on some project with me.", she snorted.

" O - kay, how do you feel about that?", he asked.

" Well, how do you feel?", she countered.

" Honestly, the fact that he's texting you makes my skin crawl, but if it's just business and you feel comfortable with the project, go for it. I trust you and the truth is, he's a great performer. I'm sure it's legit, whatever it is.", stated TOP.

" Ok, I feel the same way. We did make some awesome music together and as long as he's not being sleazy McSleazerton, then I'm cool.", she declared.

" If I need to come with you to anything though, I will, because the idea of you being alone with him, writing lyrics or quote/unquote jamming,  does not sit well with me. Who wouldn't jump at the chance to be alone with a hottie like you.", TOP said, pulling Lyra in and sqeezing her sides.

" Oh, you would say that.", she laughed, as they boarded the elevator.

..........................

Later that evening YB was up late, alone. GD was out with CL as per usual, with everything going on, she seemed to be a source of solace for him these days. YB on the other hand wanted Bom around but for some reason he always ended up blowing up at her,often for the most trivial reasons. Tonight was no different as they chatted on the phone to discuss the days events, things grew sour very fast.

" This is all so bizarre. I hope we end up ok.", said Bom.

" What do you mean end up ok? It's not like YG entertainment is going down the drain.", he snapped.

" Well, no. But aren't people going to look unfavorably on us as a company, YG even said so himself.", she replied.

" Yeah, but he didn't mean it like that. Stop being so negative, that's the last thing we need right now.", he sulked.

" I'm not being negative, just concerned.", she retorted.

" Yes, you are being negative, if your'e gonna call at least try to lift my spirts or something, this kind of talk doesn't help anyone."

" I'm sory, I didnt mean to be negative, I'm just trying to process everything is all. This is hard for me too."

" i didn't say that, I just meant let's try to  - you know what,  nevermind. You always take the Debbie Downer route, why am I surprised." he mumbled.

" What? So you think I'm a negative person?", she asked, somewhat perturbed.

" A lot of the time, yes, you are!"

" That really hurts Youngbae, I thought we were on the same team."

" Oh don't pull that same team crap with me. You have no idea what I'm feeling right now. What Hyung was to me is a lot different from what he was to you!", YB barked.

" Oh, so I didn't care about him? We never had a relationship?", Bom was near tears.

" You know what Bom, just shut up! Okay! I have to go, I can't talk to you right now."  At that YB hung up the phone. He tossed his phone on the floor and got up from where he was and marched to his room. He grabbed his jump rope and began jumping like a madman. The rope whipped back and forth swiftly in the air as his feet crashed against the floor.  He stopped abruptly and threw his rope aside, while letting out a loud growl. He punched the wall once, then again and again , until his knuckles were raw. He stared at the bruise on his knuckles, examining it like it was some foreign object that had emerged out of nowhwere on his body. He then rubbed his face vigorously, before sinking to the floor.

........................

Minzy returned to the safehouse to pick up the last of her belongiings. Daesung was also there,to let her in the house and to tie up a few loose ends  Minzy emerged from her room lugging two large duffle bags of clothes and toiletries. She met Daesung in the kitchen, where he was cleaning up. She dropped her bags on the floor and took a second to take him in. He was scrubbing down the counter and she watched as his arm went back and forth, causing his back muscles to flex. Her eyes traveled down his perfect V shaped torso to his tight . She slowly walked up behnd him and tickled him. He jumped and laughed, as he turned to face her.

" Omo! Minj, what are you doing?", he chuckled, almost dropping his sponge.

" Scaring you. Looks like it worked.", she smiled.

" Mission accomplished.", he said.

" So I think I'm done here. I got everything.", she said pointing to her bags.

" Great, I'm just gonna finish cleaning the kitchen, I don't like leaving messes."

" Well, I just wanted to say thank you...for everything.I always knew you were amazing, but after this. I see you differently.", she stared at him.

" Oh? I hope that's a good thing."

" It is. If it werent for you, I'd be dead. Thanks Dae.", she said moving in for a hug. He hugged her back.

" Of course.", he said still holding her. As they let go, Minzy kept her arms around his neck and inched closer to his face, She moved in to kiss him , when he pushed her back.

" Minj...no.", he said, shocked.

" Why not? I just want to repay you for what youv'e done for me, please let me.", she whimpered, eyeing him seductively. She moved in again, but Dae was remained firm.

" Minzy, no! Look, your'e a cute girl and all -", that statement set MInzy off.

" Cute girl? Cute girl? I'm not a child Dae! I could do things to you, you would only dream of! Because trust me! No one else will ever want you the way I do.", she yelled, grabbing her bags.

" Minj! Come on , really? If you must know, I'm in love with someone else, ok? Your'e beautiful and sweet, but my heart belongs to someone else! Besides, if you want to find a good man, you won't keep one by acting like that.", protested Dae.

" Like what? There's nothing wrong with knowing how to please a man.", she asserted. Dae's mouth almost dropped to the floor.

" Minj...what did hyung do to you?", he asked, almost heartbroken. Minzy looked away, embareassed.

"I have to go Dae. I love you and thank you for everything.", she said rushing out, with tears in her eyes. Dae leaned against the counter and sighed, tossing the dirty sponge in the sink.