Nerve Endings

Me and the Boys Volume 3: Closure

Lyra had prepared dinner for the Choi's and drove it over to their house. She figured , what with being at the hospital everyday, Mama Choi probably didn't have time to keep up with normal day to day activities such as cooking, cleaning and the sort. So this was her way of helping out. Mama Choi answered and saw Lyra carrying a huge bag full of food. She smiled  as Lyra bowed.

" Again? You don't have to keep doing this.", said Mama Choi letting Lyra in.

" But I want to. It's the least I can do. I said I'd be here for your family didn't ?", said Lyra.

" Yes you did. You are a woman of your word.", said Mama Choi leading Lyra into the kitchen.

" I made Seolleongtang...well, I tried.", admitted Lyra.

" All of your dishes have been delicious! Are you going to Korean cooking school at night?", joked Mama Choi,

" Kind of...I watch youtube tutorials.", said Lyra.

' Well, it's working. Have a seat, have a seat. Let me make you some tea.", said Mama Choi as Lyra obliged.

" So It was never said, as if there was time. But I know you are dating my son now. Officially.", said Mama Choi, preparing to boil the water. Lyra gulped a bit.

" Ne, we are. He didn't tell you?", asked Lyra.

" Oh, he told me a long time ago,not with words though.I knew his heart was set on you the day you came over and helped us move. He hadn't said anything yet. But I knew. The way he looks at you...Iv'e never seen him look that way at any girl before. And he has had three girlfriends mind you. Out of those three , the closest he ever came to loving anyone was Yun Mae.", said Mama Choi.

" The girl he wrote the songs about.", said Lyra.

" Ne. But even with her, there was a distance. He was in love with her yes, but did he really love her? No. But you...you somehow got to a place in his heart , he never reveals to any girl. Only me, but he can't marry me, right? I used to think that if he could , he probably would.", Mama Choi laughed to herself. Lyra found the notion a bit strange, but she understood what she was trying to say. TOP loved his mother and sister more than life itself, but especially his mom. However it made Lyra feel good to know that, what TOP felt for her was special. That it was possibly real love. Although it didn't feel like it lately. He would be sweet one minute, then short, snappy and cold the next. His emotions were all over the place. But he was greiving, although Lyra's feelings would get hurt, she knew this was just his way of dealing. She just hoped it wouldn't continue. She was starting to wonder if she was a magnet for emotionally unstable men. The sound of the tea kettle snapped Lyra back to the presesnt.

" Sugar or no sugar?", asked Mama Choi.

" No sugar please.", Lyra answered. Papa Choi walked into the kitchen and  glared at Lyra.

" What is she doing here?", he asked Mama Choi.

" Lyra brought us dinner again.", said Mama Choi brightly. He opened the pot of stew she brought, which was sitting on the kitchen counter.

" Smells like ddong.", he said, slamming the lid back on it and walking out the room. Lyra looked away , embarassed. It was getting harder and harder to brush off TOP's father's insults. Mama Choi walked over and patted Lyra's back.

" Don't listen to him. The truth is,  he says that in front of you, but every night, he's the main one who finishes off the last bites.", Mama Choi said smiling.Lyra smiled up at her.

" Gamsahamnida. I think I'll get going now. I'll see you tomorrow night.", said Lyra standing up and bowing. Mama Choi just grabbed Lyra and gave her a big hug.

.....................................

Later that night, CL and GD were hanging after practice, working on the song for Hye Yoon. They decided to stay in the recording studio and hash out some lyrics and melodies over cups of coffee and red bean doughnuts. They sat next to one another in front of the monitor facing the recording booth in the zone and pleased at how well, they seemed to be working togerther.

" I think this will work, because we have two rappers even though Seunghyun is not in it. You and I. So after the bridge , here is when I was thinking we could come in.", said CL.

" I love , I love it. What have you got so far?", he asked.

" So, it goes:

Time ebbs and flows, though life throws you blows

But I'm a fighter, won't retire

Cuz' through this pain my love grows." CL finished rapping.

" Perfect, do you got more?" , he asked. CL smiled shyly.

" I do, but did you really like that?", she asked.

" I did, it states exactly how he's probably feeling right now. Says it perfectly.", said GD.

" Really? Because i was thinking instead of retire -", GD placed his hand on CL's.

" Stop it. It's good,now  let's go on to the next verse.", he said. CL sighed and shook her head.

" Ok, what was that?", asked GD.

" Nothng.", she muttered.

" Chae, you really need to trust yourself more.", he said.

" I know, I know. I just want to get this right. It's Seunghyun's sister and it's a delicate issue. We have to be very respectful about this. Sympathetic but respectful.", she said.

" Don't you think I know that? But I'm not just talking about this project Chae and you know it. You get like this with everything you work on. Everything you do. Whether it's a rap, or a song or a dance. You second guess yourself all the time.", he said gently.

" I know I do. I guess, I always feel like I have to prove myself. I guess inside, I still feel like the ugly duckling who got picked on as a kid.", she said.

" Well your'e not a kid anymore. Your'e the full package Chae. Talented, fierce, fashionable, y and beautiful. But you have to believe that. No matter how much I say it or anyone else says it.  You. You need to know it. Inside.", he said. She stared at him looking as if she may break down in tears.

" You ok?", he asked, noticing her expression.

" It 's just..it's just  that no one has ever said that to me. Even YG jokes about how I'm ugly. He says it's a joke, but. I don't know, I can feel so inadequate and hearing words like that from someone like you. It just...amazes me.", she said. He her cheek.

" I think your'e amazing.", said GD, his finger running along the side of her face. He wanted to kiss her right then but didn't think it was the right time. He pulled away from her gaze and looked back down at the lyric sheet.

" Ok, so what's the next part you wrote?", he asked, his cheeks bright red from blushing. CL noticed and smiled.