Missing Pieces

Me and the Boys Volume 3: Closure

Lyra went to Hyunjoong's home studio to finalize some recordings on the song he requested she work on with him. She brought Minzy along at the request of Dara and CL, in an effort to keep her out of trouble. As of late, Minzy had developed a habit of sneaking out with random boys, so they figured she could be doing more productive things when she wasn't in the studio for dance or song rehearsals. Lyra knocked on the door of Hyunjoong's basement studio as she entered.

" Hyunjoong,it's Lyra...and friends.", she said as Minzy tailed behind her. Hyunjoong appeared from a glass soundbooth, removing his headphones. He saw Lyra fand his face lit up.

" Lyra so glad you could make it today.", he said peering at Minzy . " Is it shadow day? Hi Minzy.", he said as she stepped from behind Lyra and was now in full view. Hyunjoong's eyes widened when he saw what she was wearing. She had on a fitted cropped tank top, showing off her flat stomach and recent naval piercing and a very short jean skirt, that barely covered her cheeks.

" When did you grow up into such a pretty little thing.", he smirked as Minzy smiled back at him.

" Since last year.", she answered coyly. Lyra rolled her eyes.

" She's hanging out with us if that's alright, the girls have a light day today.", said Lyra.

" Oh, it's perfectly fine.", he said smiling at Minzy. " You want something to drink?", he offered.

" I'm fine, I'll just watch.", she replied, sauntering to a couch that was against the back wall, facing the glass soundbooth.

" Alright, so shall we begin?", Hyunjoong asked, glancing at Lyra's engagement ring.

" Color me ready.", chirped Lyra. Hyunjoong smiled.

" As cute as ever.", he commented, running his hands through his thick, copper colored hair, which was now the lenght of his collarbone , as he was growing it out. He sat at his control panel and began playing the music.

" Let's go over it once.", he said as Lyra agreed. They began the song, which was an edgy mix of dance and rock. A litle bit Goyte, Somebody That I used to know and a little bit Jang Hyunseung/Hyuna Troublemaker. Minzy's eyes were locked on Hyunjoong the entire time he sang  and he was fully aware. He looked over at her, mid-song and flashed her a y smile, loving the attention. Lyra was so into the song, she didn't notice. When they were done, Minzy clapped. 

" You sound amazing. As amazing as you look...but, what else is new.", his eyes twinkled at Lyra, whose face grew warm. Of course TOP was the love of her life and the iest man on earth, in her eyes at least,but there was no denying Hyunjoong was hot. His glare embaressed her, causing her to look away and head into the soundbooth.

" Thanks, wanna get this going?', she asked hurriedly as he followed. Minzy rolled her eyes at his compliment and turned her attentions to a stack of guitar magazines, sitting on a coffee table in front of the couch.

Once inside the booth, Lyra reached for the headphones when Hyunjoong grabbed her ring hand. She looked at him startled.

" What?", she asked.

" Am I right in guessing this is from Seunghyun?", he asked. Lyra looked down at her ring.

" Oh yeah, he proposed over the tour.", she smiled, reliving the moment in her head.

" And you really want to do this?", he asked.

" Um, yeah, I do.", she answered, slightly irked by the question.

" Why?", Hyunjoong asked.

" Because I love him."

" How can you be sure? Seunghyun was the only guy youv'e been with since Evan. You didn't really allow yourself to...explore other options.", he said gazing into her eyes.

" Look, Hyungjoong - I think your'e great. Your obviously very attractive, charming and talented , all those tings. But Seunghyun is really all I ever wanted. I don't need to do any exploring to know that.", she affirmed.

Hyunjoong smiled at her, fainltly. He had hoped there would be some glimmer of feelings in her heart  for him but there was none. He was at least hoping for a kiss, but that was clearly out of the question. " Well, I'm a fool. Anyone can look at you two and tell your'e both smitten with one another. Just thought I'd get a last try in.", he admitted.

" You could get any girl you want Hyunjoong, like seriously."

" Yeah, but none of them are named Lyra Colfax.", he said smiling at her. Lyra did'nt know what to say. " Anyways, let's lay this down.", he said grabbing his headphones as she did hers. After 45 minutes of recording, Lyra needed to step out to use the bathroom.

" Sure, you know where it is, inside the house. Open that door and make a left and up the stairs.", he instructed.

" Thanks, can I grab a glass of water too? I know where the kitchen is."

" Sure thing.", he nodded.

Lyra jetted out and Hyunjoong turned his gaze on Minzy,  who had been eyeing him throughout the recordings. With Lyra out of the room, Minzy saw her chance to get some one on one time with him. She got up from the couch and walked into the soundbooth.

" I love the song.", she said walking up to him slowly.

" Oh yeah?", he asked

" I do. Especially your voice. It's very y ", cooed Minzy. She was now standing above him, with her bare abs, directly in his face.

" How old are you?", he asked, getting slightly and caressing his ivory skin.

" Old enough.", she said as she bent down an placed over his. They kissed intensely, as he ran his hands along her mid-rif. She tousled his hair as her tongue slid in and out of his mouth. She quickly pulled away upon hearing a noise from the house.

" Call me.", she whispered before exiting the booth and quickly plopping on the couch,  before Lyra walked back in. Lyra entered only seconds later with a glass of water in her hand.

" Minz, want a sip?", she asked.

"Yes please. You have no idea how parched I am right now.", Minzy answered, glancing at Hyunjoong who was still in shock at what had just happened.

...................................

While Lyra was finishing up her session, TOP met up with Daesung at a small cafe to discuss the wedding and the part he wanted Daesung to play in the wedding. They were seated next to a window as they sipped on mocha cappucinos. It was South Korea, late fall and the weather was definitely cool and crisp.

" So I want you to be my best man.", announced TOP.

Daesung snorted coffee out of his nose. " What?"

TOP laughed at his friend and proceeded to wipe up the coffee that had spewed from his nostrils. " Why are you so shocked?"

" Well, I thought it would be hyung Jiyong or Youngbae."

" Why them and not you? Your'e my best friend, you know that. It's just with the SUB -UNIT schedule and you practically living at church, I don't see you often these days. But when were all together, it's us that always stick together. Kind of like glue or...or, magnets.", TOP looked off,  searching for the right word.

Daesung chuckled." Well that is true, we are pretty inseperable...well, not since lyra's been in the picture."

" She's great huh? She's like a y, beautiful, chocolate version of you.", beamed TOP as Daesung laughed wildly.

" Ah hyung, that was awesome. But, yeah. She's great. I'm happy for you guys and I'm honored to be your best man."

" Yes! Now I feel like we need to get you a girl. So it can be the YG couple crew. But apparently, you have someone I heard, right?"

Daesung was once again wide eyed. "Who told you that?"

" Minzy, told Dara and Dara told me, well...us. Seungri, Lyra and I...after we dropped you off from the water park that night."

Daesung shook his head and looked away. " I can't believe her.", he mumbled.

" So who is it? You never told me about anyone."

" She's...she's not from Korea. You guys wouldn 't know her. It's someone I met when I took time off to look after my family."

" So long distance?'

" Yeah, you could say that."

" So why haven't you told anyone about her? It seems like she's this huge secret. I mean you took time off in like 2007. Are you ashamed of her or something?"

" No Hyung, she's amazing. Why would I be ashamed of her?"

" You tell me, your'e the one that's been keeping her under wraps. After finding out about Se7en hyung, I'm just ...afraid, I don't really know anyone anymore. I thought I could at least count on you."

Daesung looked away and sighed. " I know hyung and I'm sorry. But... it's complicated."

TOP noticed Daesung's sad demeanor. " Are you ok?"

" Yeah, yeah. I just... I really wish you all could meet her, but you can't"

" Invite her to the wedding, man."

" She won't be able to come , trust me."

" Well, is it a money thing? I'll pay for her? "

" Look, it's not gonna happen, so just drop it ok?", Daesung snapped.

" Dae, I'm sorry I just -"

" No hyung, I'm sorry. Forgive me. I'm just tired. Plus I'm stressed out, trying to finish up this album, which I'm way behind schedule on. I'm taking it out on you and it's not right. But as far the girl goes? Her name is Ruslana. I'll tell you about her one day...I promise. I gotta go hyung. Congrats again. Can't wait for the wedding.", said Daesung, giving his friend a hug and then exiting the cafe. TOP just sat there looking bewildered.