Blowing Off The Lid

Me and the Boys Volume 3: Closure

Se7en strolled the local , outdoor marketplace in Kyrgystan, eyeing the various dried fruit and nuts. Although, he had been enjoying his time there, he knew he needed to move on. Being a fugitive and staying in one place, was suicide. He would be leaving that night,on a flight set to depart at 9:30. He pointed to the walnuts and an old village lady scooped up two handfuls and poured them into a paper bag. Se7en paid the lady and continued down the line of edible goods, when he felt a presence behind him. There were were many people scouring the market, however he couldn't shake the feeling. He looked back and only saw a gaggle of native faces, each person seemingly concerned with their daily affairs. He made a sharp turn down an alley and waited, as he watched people walk by. He didn't see anyone that looked suspicious, but decided to stay put for at least ten minutes. He then continued down the alley and took an alternate route back to the inn he was staying at. Once he arrived, he shut the door and peered out the window. He was pretty sure had was just spooking himself. He went to the bathroom and splashed himself with cold water, then looked at his disguised face in the mirror and sighed. He took off the fake mole, placed it on the sink and walked back into the main room. He was startled to find Hanbyul standing there. He took in her eyes and they looked different, cold almost.

" Yeo...yeobo?", he asked.

" The door was unlocked. You should be more careful.", said Hanbyul, void of emotion.

" What are you doing here? Were you looking for me?", he asked moving in to hug her, but she inched back.

" Why are you here Dongwook? And why is your hair dyed?", Hanbyul asked, trying to get him to spill some info.

" I..I"m, sorry yeobo. I'm in some kind of trouble. Don't tell YG or anybody, but I got myself caught up in a little trouble. But just give me a few days, I'll be back home.", he said.

" What kind of trouble?", she asked. Se7en eyed her susiciously. He took note of her pocket and though he couldn't see a mic,he began to suspect she was bugged, by the way she was asking him questions.

" What is this?", he asked, his tone changing. " Why are you asking so many questions?', he asked. Hanbyul pulled out her badge and flashed Se7en.

" I know what your'e up to. I know your'e the head of the Dangbu Hall Cartel and no matter where you go, youl''l be found out Dongwook.", she said.

" KISO? Your'e a part of KISO? So the past two years have all been a lie?", he asked sincerely hurt.

" A lie? Your'e one to talk about lies. I know all about the other women...including Minzy. How you used her physically and for the advancement of your organization. Don't lie to me.", she said. Se7en glared at her, then reached for his gun that he had tucked in his pants. Just as swiftly as he pulled out his gun, Hanbyul pulled out hers and aimed it at his face.

" Don't think I won't.", she threatened.

" You won't. You need to bring me back alive , right? Besides, what proof do you have? Is Minzy telling you stories? Do you really think authorities are going to believe the word of a child over mine?", he gloated.

" We have other evidence.", said Hanbyul.

" But not enough!", he yelled. He tried to fire off a shot, but to no avail. He had run out of bullets. He instead made a dash for the door and began running. Hanbyul was right behind him with her gun cocked. Se7en sprinted past the marketplace, knocking over barrells of bread and fresh produce. Hanbyul followed  suiit as the viallagers cried out in shock and anger, fumbling to save their goods. Se7en continued on, his feet slamming against the cobbled streets intermingled with dirt and gravel. He made a sharp turn, leading him out of the busy merchant center into the pastoral outskirts, where the natives resided. Hanbyul tailed him , still weilding her gun , as they passed through backyards teeming with livestock. Se7en pushed past several cotton sheets, hanging on clotheslines before disappearring into the hills. Hanbyul had lost sight of him at this point. She stood in a strangers backyard, winded, amongst naying goats and a confused child, who gawked at her. An angry mother came out and began yelling at Hanbyul. Hanbyul put away her gun and began speaking in the woman's native Kyrgyz language, apologizing and saying she worked for the government. Hanbyul flashed a badged, apologized once more and finally retreated.

................................

The Teen Top boys were at their dorm getting ready to head to the studio, for a day of song and dance reaherasals. Neil owned a white T with red stripes that Chunji wanted to borrow for the day and asked Neil if it would be alright.

" Hey Neil, do you think I can borrow that shirt?", yelled Chunji to Neil who was in the shower at the moment.

" Yeah! But I let CAP borrow it. He already headed out with Ricky but check his room. I think I saw it on one of his dressers last night.", shouted Neil from the bathroom.

" Cool. Thanks, man!", Chunji answered as she made a beeline for CAP's room and immediately spotted the shirt, strewn across the dresser, just as Neil said. He smiled and quickly grabbed the shirt, knocking a piece of paper to the ground in the process. Chunji picked it up, when something caught his attention. It was in fact two items, paper clipped together. On top was Soon Teck's obituary , clipped from the newspaper. Paper clipped behind it was an old photo of a young boy with an older man's arms, draped around his shoulder. Chunji took a close look at the child and it was pretty clear it was a young CAP, at approximately 6 or 7 years old. Chunji flipped the photo over and it read: May 5th 1998, springtime with my boy. Chunji looked at the man in the photo and compared it with the photo of Soon Teck in the obituary photo. Chunji's eyes widened. Was Soon Teck CAP's father? Chunji was so beside himself, he didn't know what to do. A part of him wanted to run and tell the others, but if CAP knew he had discovered this info, he would be extremely upset. CAP was known to have a short and fiery temper. Chunji placed the items back on CAP's desk as is, but definitely planned on sharing the information, with at least one other member.