Tunnel Vision

Me and the Boys Volume 3: Closure

 The ride home from the park was listless in comparison to the groups rambunctious arrival. Everyone was exhausted, not only from the sweltering heat, but from some of the shenanigans that occurred that day as well. Dara wanted a break from driving so, she let CL drive her car, toting GD, Minzy , YB and Bom. Seungri assumed his original position of driver, taking TOP, Lyra, Daesung and Dara. They also recapped the days events.

“ Today was so much fun, but can you say Drama?!”, exclaimed Lyra as the others agreed.


“ Seriously! What was up with Bae going off on Bommie? I thought he was going to hit her.”, said Dara with a scared expression on her face as if she had been transported back to that very moment.


“ Me too!”, Dae chimed in.


“ Honestly, I think he’s still grieving over everything that happened with Se7en. He hasn’t dealt with it and he never talks about how he feels. He's a friggin' time bomb and he needs help.”, said TOP.


“ Yeah, I think your’e right hyung.”, agreed Dae.


“ If I hadn’t gone thropugh therapy, I know for a fact, that I'd be acting just like him. Possibly even worse.”, admitted Top.


“ Well, he needs to talk to somebody, because he’s out of control. Thank God, I’m in Japan these days.”, sighed Seungri. TOP reached in the front seat and slapped his head.


“What? Instead of being here for your brother when he’s going through a tough time?”, teased TOP, half joking and half upset.


“ Hey, hey!”, protested Seungri, rubbing his crown.


“ Um, let’s not forget Mr. Pimp Daddy Dae himself, with little Minj crushing on him.”, teased Lyra.


“ Yeah, what is that all about ?”, asked TOP. Dae groaned.


“ Ugh, I wish she wasn't crushing on me. It’s not like she’s not a cute and cool girl, but I hate the way she’s acting. She seems so, so ...”, Dae knew the word he wanted to used, but didn’t want to say it out loud.


“ ty?”, Dara finished for him.


“ Um, yeah kind of...but I know that is not who she really is, it’s so uncomfortable being around her though.”, said Dae


“ I don’t know what her deal is, but all day, she’s was walking around seductuively, flirting and smiling at guys, letting them her. It’s disgusting and I will not stand by and let her ruin her life.”, insisted Dara.


“ Didn’t hyung already do that?", stated Seungri. Silence fell over the car as they all knew it was true. “ Look, maybe she's doing the teen thing, she’ll get over it.”, he said, finally.


“ I hope so. Watching her slither around guys, like some stripper is too much for me. She’s like my baby sister. It’s not right.”, said TOP.


“ Let’s all hope nothing horrible has to happen, before she realizes this is a bad road to go down.”, said Lyra.


“ Yeah, I mean y and ty are two different things. You don’t act like that and you are by far the iest girl I know.”, said TOP lifting Lyra and sitting her on his lap. Everyone in the car made gagging noises.


“ Hey, I’m back here too, remember?”, said Dae. TOP grabbed his hand.


“ Oh there’s enough love to go around my friend.”, TOP teased and Dae laughed.


“ Ah, hyung.”, smiled Dae.
........................................

On Monday the gang had just finished meeting with YG to confirm the dates and locales for the world tour. Lyra and TOP were especially excited because they would be making a stop in L.A , so Lyra could see her family. It would also be the first time TOP would be meeting Lyra’s family as well. They left the conference room jazzed.


“ Can you believe it? Your’e going to meet my mom and my sisters! Just FYI, my sisters and I are like day and night. My oldest sister is an uber nerd, I’m the wild child, hippie, experimental one and my lil’ sis is straight ghetto and kind of a lilttle , but man do I love her!”, exclaimed Lyra. TOP smiled at her enthusiasm.


“ You are so cute when your’e xecited, but yeah I can’t wait! Will they like me, do you think?”, he asked


“ Oh yeah, my mom doesn’t discriminate. My little sis can say ignorant thing sometimes, but she’s cool.”, said Lyra.


“ Man, I’m excited to get down on some In N’ Out!”, said GD loudly.


“ What you know about In N’ Out?”, joked Lyra.


“ I know animal style fries changed my life, the fall of 2006, when we did the YG Family Concert at the Bowl ,baby!”, said GD ghetto style. Lyra laughed.


“ Ok, ok then. It’s the bombay, is it not?”, she said.


“ It is.”, GD agreed. TOP noticed YB was not engaging and was walking ahead of everyone. TOP ran up to him as GD and Lyra continued fantasizing about Double Doubles and vanilla shakes. When TOP caught up to him, he patted YB on the shoulder.


“ Hey Bae, can we talk for a minute?”, he asked.


“ About what, I need to take care of something before we head in to rehearsals.”, answered Bae, with a scowl on his face.


“ It wont take long, just give me a minute. Besides, I’m not asking you as a friend, I’m asking you as your hyung.”, said TOP firmly. YB rolled his eyes and conceded. TOP led them to a nearby door that opened to the parking structure and walked out. Once there, YB leaned against the concrete wall with his arms folded.


“ Can we make this quick?”, YB snapped.


“ Well, I just wanna know how your’e doing?” asked TOP.


“ How I’m doing? How do you think I’m doing? I’m pissed.”


“ Well yeah, we can all see that. Why don’t you talk to us?”


YB looked down. “ Talk? Why? It’s not going to help, I just need to work this all out on my own.”


“ How? By being a jerk?”, asked TOP.


“ Look, let me deal with my life the way I want to!”, YB growled.


“ At the expense of others?!”


“ Are you talking about Bom? I apologized to her already.”, said YB


“ Until the next time you yell at her. Dude, you need some serious help!”, stated TOP, the intensity of his voice rising.


“ Oh, like paying some dude to listen to me, while I sit on a couch? Get real.”, scoffed YB.


“ It’s a lot better than having the ones you love, loathe being around you. Your’e out of control and you have no regard as to how it’s affecting everyone. Wake up Youngbae! Your’e  a ticking time bomb and you need to -”, YB stepped over TOP's words.


“ I know what I need to do! I need to go to se7en and tell him what a bastard he is! How he doesn’t deserve to be called hyung! That’s what I need Seunghyun! I don’t need some pyschologist to tell me I’m angry. I know I'm angry and I have a right to be! We were betrayed! I was betrayed! By someone who claimed to be family! He lied to all of us! He took Minzy’s innocence! I don’t even recognize her anymore! What kind of brother is that? I feel used and I feel like I can’t trust anyone. I can’t! I can’t do it Seunghyun, I want to, but I just can’t.”, YB cried out as his body slid down the concrete wall onto the ground. His body shook as he sobbed, having finally succumbed to his emotions. TOP walked over and squatted next to his friend, placing an arm around him as he cried. He sat there silently as YB’s tears echoed throughout the parking structure.