The Nitty Gritty

Me and the Boys Volume 3: Closure

Hyunjoong and Minzy were lying in bed together, after another roll in the hay. MInzy laid on her back while Hyunjoong was on his side, playing with her hair. It was evening and Minzy had lied to the girls about her whereabouts, making this the third time in a week she had snuck off to be with Hyunjoong.

" So they don't suspect you at all? Where do you say your'e going?", he inquired.

" I have a cover. Hyuna.", she stated.

Hyunjoong looked surprised. " Kim Hyuna? You guys know each other?"

" Yeah, I met her at an event recently and found out we uh, have a lot in common if you know what I mean."

" Oh, I know exactly what you mean. Girl gets around...and she likes it."

" She told me about you two."

" Aaah, it was one night. Good for what it was. y girl indeed.", he smirked as if remembering the encounter.

" Yeah, well, she's kind of like me. A girl has needs and it's so stifling trying to be a kpop purity princess. I'm so sick of it, but it's cool to find other people who understand.", said Minzy in a matter of fact tone.

" You are girl of many surprises. I like that...Lyra was like that too.", he said, his smile fading.

"Yeah, so was Dae...he's kind of random, with his silly jokes..."

Hyunjoong shot up, suddenly even more interested. " Dae? As in Daesung? Is that who your'e in love with!", he guffawed.

Minzy frowned. " Why is that so funny! There's a lot you don't know about him Hyunjoong. He's amazing and funny and no he's no flower boy like you, but he's pretty y and don't pretend you havent seen his body!", MInzy asserted.

" Ok, ok, he's well built that's for sure, but really - why him? How did you manage to fall in love with him? I'm not being a douche, I'm just curious."

" There's a side to Dae that no one else sees...no one else will ever see. He's sweet, funny, caring and gentle. But he's also loyal and fierce. If it weren't for him...I wouldn't be here right now. So there you have it...that's why I love him."

"Hmmn, I guess that Dae is more mysterious than I thought. He seems all wacky on stage and screen but in person he's so shy, it's like he has no personality but apparently there's more to him than I give him credit ."

" But doesn't that go for all of us? Anyways why are you so hung up on Lyra? Even though I already know. Every guy is like, obsessed with her.", MInzy rolled her eyes.

" Well, it's not because she's so hot, I mean she is but there are a million hot girls in the world. what stands out about her is who she is. She's unlike any girl Iv'e ever met before. There's a freedom about her, that's so y - like she isnt' afraid to truly be herself and she's fully to the world. Also, she just says things and does things that are so unexpected and cute.Being around her is intoxicating, like being on a drug. don't even get me started on that body of her's, to be so tiny and have all those luscious curves, Oh my  -"

" Ok, I get it.", snapped MInzy.

Hyunjoong rolled over and wrapped his arms around MInzy. " Now don't go getting jealous. You asked remember? And besides, your body is incredibly y too.", he said snuggling up to her and delivering small bites to her neck. Minzy laughed.

" Im not jealous.I wonder though...what would it take to make Lyra not so intoxicating?", Minzy pondered aloud.

" Enough about Lyra. Enough about Daesung. How about we focus on us. ", Hyunjoong said, getting on top of Minzy and kissing her seductively.

.................................

Lyra was at home waiting for TOP to arrive so they could have a talk. Althought it was late, seeing as how TOP wrapped each night around 2 to 3 in the morning, he insisted on seeing her that night and not waiting until lunch the next day. Lyra was a bit nervous, what with her track record with men and was anxious about what he wanted to discuss. At around 3:15, he knocked on the door.

" Hi babe.", she said swinging open the door and jumping into his arms, wrapping her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist. He giggled at her enthusiasm.

" Hey jagi, why the spirited hello?", he asked, kissing her cheek, still amused.

Lyra continued to cling to him like a little monkey. " Because you sounded so serious on the phone and I'm anxious about this conversation. Whatever I did wrong , I'm sorry even though I don't think I did anything wrong, but I'm sorry anyways, beacuse I love you.", she rattled. He smiled and set her down.

" Babo. I'm not mad at you, there's just something on my mind that I think we need to talk about since wer'e getting married and it is serious, very serious.But it has nothing to do with you or anything youv'e done."

" Oh. Well ,does it have to do with anything youv'e done?"

He laughed again. " No."

" Good, because after Evan, the whole cheating thing and my history, I just ...I got scared." She said staring up at him with her soft brown eyes. He grabbed her hand and led her to the couch, he then pelted her cheek with kisses.

" Your'e so cute sometimes, I can't stand it.", he said, squeezing her insanely huge messy bun and looking down at her hot pink tank top and black pajama shorts with hot pink and mint green ice cream cones on them. " Ok, so this may seem a bit premature but it's going to have to be discussed sooner or later. At some point, I'll have to go to the military. By law, within the next few years. Now the reason I'm bringing it up, is because we will probably have started a family by then and the truth is , I'll be away for two years."

" But if you marry me, can't you become a U.S citizen and just be exempt?"

" I could, but I don't want to do that."

Lyra was at a loss for words." So you would pass up the chance to live comfortably , with a family to serve in the military for two years , when you don't even have to?"

" Lyra, my career is here and yeah I could fly back and forth, but I am still a Korean, no matter what. I feel an obligation to serve and protect the country that raised me, nurtured me and shaped me. Korea is my country...it always will be. If I try and evade the military, honestly I'll feel like a coward. It's not about comfort jagi, it's about honor."

Lyra sighed. "Well, I feel like an idiot getting upset about this now, I mean we still have some time but still...it makes me sad.  I just assumed, you would choose me and our life over...over your duties. You know how I feel about the army and war. I don't agree  with any of it, but...if this is what you want."

" Well we just need to figure this out before we get married. I could give up my Korean citizenship, but I'm not -so there's all this paper work we need to figure out. Also what about you? You being from the states poses a lot of questions that we need to think about and fast. Some of  this paperwork needs to be filled out now. Especially if we plan on getting married in June of next year. It takes months, to get this stuff processed. Luckily because we are who we are, we can expedite things a bit. Sorry to dump all this on you now, I just know myself. I'm so caught up in the fun stuff I tend to forget about the heavy stuff."

Lyra sighed. " Oh my gosh, that's a lot to think about. I definitely want to be able to go back and forth to the states. Ideally, I'd like to have a home there as well, so our kids; I still can't believe were talking about kids; but so our kids can know their Black - American side of course and speak English as well as Korean."

" So glad you said that. I definitely want them to speak Korean as well. I was also wanting a home back in the states. I want to be as invested in your family as you have been in mine.", he said.

" Ok, cool. We agree on that. Is that it?"

" Yeah, we just need to get the paperwork in motion. Since your'e not Korean, there are some extra things for you to do and fill out. Honestly, I want to get this part over with,  so we can focus on the fun stuff.", he said inching closer to her and setting her on his lap. " Like finding a venue and you getting your wedding dress. You know we can afford the most exquisite, designer gown you want. The possibilities are limiteless.", he said nuzzling his face in her neck.

Lyra thought for a moment. " That brings me to my last thought, something we skipped over."

" What.", he asked,  his voiced muffled from his face being nestled in her neck.

" Are we getting married in Korea or in the states?"

" Oh, here in Korea of course?"

Lyra frowned. " Korea of course? So my familiy has to fly all the way over here?"

" Um, yeah - we can pay for their flight. Besides my parents are older."

" But in America it's really about the bride, not being selfish or anything but it's the bride that usually chooses the destination."

" I'm sorry jagi, but that does sound selfish."

Lyra lightly slapped his arm. " It's not selfish, it's tradition."

" So the husband has no say? That's ridiculous. That's one tradition that 's getting scrapped. Now."

Lyra got off his lap." Ok fine, whatever! We don't have to decide this tonght."

" What do you mean? It's already decided. End of discussion. Wer'e getting married here. Besides, your mom is a jet setter and it would do your little sister some good to experience something outside of the hood."

Lyra gasped. " Oh my  - I can't believe you just said that?"

" I did and you know it's true Lyra!"

" Ok true or not, you don't need to take digs at my familiy! And why can't we discuss this? So you don't want to get married in the states, I get it, but it looks like you've made the decision for us. Wer'e supposed to be discussing this, together, but apparently it's all, of course were' getting married in Korea.", Lyra mocked his voice. "Way to consider your future wife!"

" Because it's a pointless discussion. There was no way I'd ever agree to getting married in the states!", he fired back.

Lyra was silent fro a moment as she gathered her composure. " You know what babe. I can't right now. It's almost 4 in the morning. You have to be on set early and I do too. So, maybe you should just go home."

TOP rolled his eyes and sighed. " Fine, fine.", he huffed  on his way to the door.

" Now your'e being all weird."

" Because youre telling me to leave and I'm not done talking about this."

" Well I am. If we keep this up, it's just going to be a never ending argument. I think if we sleep on it, we'll come back together, with clear heads."

" Like I said, whatever. I'll talk to you later.", he said storming out. Lyra mocked his voice and made a face after he left.  She closed her eyes and slumped against the door before retiring to bed.