Misgivings

Me and the Boys Volume 3: Closure

Lyra was feeling insecure about the previous days events. Minzy's snide remark about TOP never wanting marry a foreigner, coupled with his extra friendly interaction with Hee jin made Lyra worry if deep down inside, TOP was having misgivings about marrying her. She gave Seungri a call later that night in hopes of getting his opinion on the matter as well as some peace of mind.

" So what do you think? Am I trippin'?", she asked him, after explaining the events.

" Mmmmn, yeah.", he stated affirmatively. " Like seriously , why are you even listening to Minzy? I don't even know why she said that."

" So it's not true? He never felt weird about dating me because I'm not Korean?"

" No! Seunghyun had the hots for you the first time he laid eyes on you. Besides, we work with so many foreign artists, it's not like were ignorant to the world. I think as a Korean it is expected that you marry Korean. Parents do expect it, friends expect it and since we are in Korea and surrounded by over 90% Koreans, the chances of marrying Korean are pretty high. But not out of any unwillingness to date foreigners. More out of ...availability I guess. So I'm sure he thought he'd have a Korean wife. But in the industry we work in, there are opportunites to meet gorgeous women from around the world! I myself want a Japanese girl. Man, the chicks there are hot!", exclaimed Seungri.

Lyra laughed. " Yeah, that makes sense. It's just weird because I saw the High High party footage and some y, French models were flirting with him, like big time. He seemed waaaay disinterested and bored. I was like, man he must really not like non-Korean girls."

" No, Seunghyun is just picky. It's not all about looks. I'll tell you a little something about that night. Those girls were hot, like fiery hot, but they were kind of...let's say forward. They were all over him and overtly seductive. They were touching him and trying to feed him and it was just ...too much for him, made him uncomfortable. Ji on the other hand, was all about it, but that's not Seunghyun's style. So again. That had nothing to do with the fact that they were foreign, if Korean girls were acting like that, he would have responded the same way."

" Oh, well that's good to know.Ugh, it's just been weird lately but that makes me feel better."

" Yeah, I don't know what Minzy's problem is. With the way she's been acting lately, I would just ignore her. She's a child."

" It was a weird comment to make, it's almost like she wanted a reaction out of me or something. Well, whatever. Thanks Ri Ri, I knew I could count on you to get my head back on straight. Hurry up and come back, cuz' I miss you.", she whined.

" Your wish is my command. I'm back early, next week."

" Yay!!!! So what happened?"

" I wrapped up all my pre-records early and opted out of doing one show."

" Really? Why?"

" Well, I was having fun and all, but I missed everyone. I wanted to be here for all of your wedding plans and I also got approached about working on a new drama, so I felt like Korea needed me back."

" Oooh, new drama, exciting and I'm touched that you want to help out with my wedding."

" Um, hello, wer'e twins. Why wouldn't I want to help you?"

" Aw, your'e the best Ri!I wish I could stick you in a dress and make you maid of honor. Ah, the curse of your best friend being a dude.", sighed Lyra.

" Well, let's skip the dress part."

"Are you serious?"

" Yeah, it's your wedding , do what you want. Besides I'd love to be the only guy standing next to a row of beautiful women. Call me your man of honor." , Seungri suggested.

" I like it! My sisters won't mind. The truth is were' not as close as you and I are...due to my past and everything. But my mom is my matron of honor, then you, then my sisters and then the 2NE1 ladies. Glad that's figured out."

" I think it's gonna trip people out. Me being the man of honor. "

" Oh, I know. Isn't it awesome!"

Seungri laughed out loud. " Yes!"

.......................................

That weekend, TOP had an almost free day, He was up at 4 AM to film but he was wrapped by 1 PM in the afternoon. His plan for the day was to go home, nap, stop by GD's house, to hang for a bit and then pick Lyra up from Hyunjoong's studio and take her back to his house for dinner and wedding planning. At 4:30, he groggiliy woke up from his nap and hopped in the shower. TOP loved his job as an entertainer, but after all these years, he still hadn't gotten used to the scheduling. Waking up early, going to bed late, sometimes not sleeping at all. Afterall he had collapsed multiple times in his career as a result. His body was just not cut out for it, but his mind and heart were passionate for it, which is what kept him going. After showering, he slipped on a yellow FUBU t-shirt with the pretzel logo on it, a black long sleeved thermal underneath and dark indigo skinny jeans. He tousled his hair and donned a pair of blue-laced/white sneakers before putting on his olive, Calvin Klein drab coat. He headed out the door to his car.

GD's actual house was a 1.7 million dollar apartment, that boasted one of the best views of Seoul. TOP arrived and rang the bell to be greeted by YB and a wall of noise. YB had a huge grin on his face, holding a slice of pizza.

" Come on in brah!", he said, jogging back to the living room and bouncing on the couch before sitting down. TOP smiled at YB's hyperness as he followed. The place was bright and sleek. Pristine white walls were adorned with all sorts of graffiti and pop art pieces. The floors were cedarwood and the furniture was very modern. The color scheme consisted of bright whites accented with Lime green, Lemon yellow and Mandarin orange hues. TOP  entered the living room to find Bom, CL and Minzy, hanging out as well. At the moment they were all watching One of A kind on GD's massive flat screen TV that almost filled the entire wall space.

" You see what I did there?", said YB , commenting on his cameo dance appearance at the end of the video. Bom kissed him on the cheek.

" Stop being so humble.", she teased.

" Hey man, have you seen in yet?", GD asked , getting up and giving TOP a bear hug.

" Of course I have. On my phone between breaks. The video is awesome.", said TOP taking a seat in an egg shaped yellow chair.

" Thanks man! It's cool you have some time off by the way. Where's Lyra at?", asked GD.

" Recording with Hyunjoong. I think this is their last day recording. I'm gonna pick her up after I'm done hanging with you foolios.", joked TOP grabbing a handful of nuts that was sitting on the glass, shark shaped coffee table in front of him.

" The reviews have been mixed. Some people are accusing Ji of being a poser with awful style, while others are praising him.", said CL, reclining on the couch, her legs resting on GD's lap.

" I'm cool with it. I mean what with all Iv'e been through with the scandals, I expect people not to get it, even though that's the point of the song. I am who I am. I don't fit into some cookie cutter idea of who people want me to be or think I am. But there's always gonna be critics. I just had fun with it."

" The people who know you, truly know you and that's all that matters. Same goes for the fans.", encouraged TOP.

" Thanks man.", said GD.

" Where'd you find those cute kids? Oh my gosh, adorbs!", gushed Bom.

" That's how Seunghyun's kids are gonna look like.", joked YB.

" Yeah, but even cuter, because they'll have Tee - Oh- Pee genes", he joked as everyone laughed and rolled their eyes.

" Don't you mean Lyra's genes? I saw a photo of her mother! If that's what you have to look forward to in the golden years, you are a lucky man.", said CL.

" Well,  Black don't crack and Asian don't age.", joked TOP to a room of blank faces.

" That .", said GD.

" Yeah, I know. Forget I ever said that.", smiled TOP sheepishly. Minzy who might as well not have even been there, rolled her eyes and began texting. TOP noticed her IDGAF attitude and got up from his chair. He sat on the couch next to her and tried to engage her.

" What's up troublemaker? Is that text intetesting?", he asked.

Minzy gave him a sarcastic smile." More than you'll ever know."

" Now what's up with that? I thought I was your favorite hyung. I just wanna chat with my favorite maknae is all.", TOP gave Minzy a fake pout.

Minzy let her guard down a little. " I'm sorry, It just hanging out with all these couples. Bom and YB are always making out and Chae and GD are equally as sickening. At least you came alone."

" Yeah, I'm sure I'd be annoyed too."

" Aww, you are my favorite hyung. You always listen to me.", said Minzy wrapping her arms around TOP's neck and giving him a big hug. He chuckled.

" So what's going on in MInzy's world these days?"

" Hanging with unnie Lyra has been cool. I go to the sessions with her and it's cool to watch her doing her thing, outside of SUB-UNIT."

" That's cool. Why did'nt you go today?", he asked.

" Well, I almost don't want to tell you.", said Minzy looking down at her phone.

" Um, okay. Why?'

" Well, I know she and Hyunjoong kind of ...had something at one point. Anywyas, I'm pretty sure he still has the hots for her. He flirts with her, a lot and though she never returns the sentiments, because she's with you. Sometimes it seems like she kind of likes it.", added Minzy.

" Really? Why do think that?", asked TOP, clearing his throat, getting irate.

" Well, she'll laugh and just act extra girly, like a schoolgirl almost. Kind of like she's nervous. But I mean come on, it's Kim Hyunjoong were talking about here. He's gorgeous, like one of the hottest guys ever. Who would'nt dig that attention?!  But yeah, it's a little uncomfortable sometimes. Besides that, it's fun watching them, they have amazing chemistry together. Not like you guys of course. But they definitely entertain.", finished Minzy.

" Hmmn, well I know she said she hates when he flirts with her, so maybe she's just feeling uncomfortable too. That's why she laughs and stuff.", surmised TOP his spirits somewhat down.

" Yeah, maybe. Anyways nature calls. I'll be back.", said Minzy getting up and walking to the bathroom. TOP pondered Minzy's words as he stared out blankly, rubbing his face.