Show and Tell

Me and the Boys Volume 3: Closure

TOP made an appointment for Lyra at the most upscale bridal shop in Gangnam. She decided to bring along Seungri, who was fresh back from Japan, GD, Bom and CL. They entered the shop and gawked in awe at the extravagent gowns on display, however Lyra felt slightly concerned, as she saw only six gowns on the floor. She had never been to a shop like this, she and Evan hadn't even gotten that far. As they were the fabrics a jolly, middle-aged woman appeared from the back of the store. She was short, about four feet and 11 inches. Her hair was in a cropped bob , just below her ears and she had small eyes that twinkled like stars when she smiled. She bowed and extended her hand to Lyra, nearly bouncing as she walked.

" Ah,you must be Lyra. So glad to meet you. I'm Mrs. Suk and I will be assisting you today.", she beamed.

" So glad to meet you as well. I brought a small crew, if that's ok.", said Lyra referring to her friends. Mrs. Suk peered over at them and smiled.

" I don't mind at all. The more the merrier. Afterall choosing a wedding dress is a big decision, you want as many eyes and thoughts as possible to help you make an informed decision, especially those close to you who know your style the best. Besides, I'm a YG fan so it's a pleasure to meet all of you.", she said. Everyone smiled back at her.

" So, this may sound silly but , I only see six gowns here. Do you have more in the back?", asked Lyra.

" Oh yes, yes. We have an array of couture gowns in our storeroom, the dresses on the floor are just our top sellers. In addition, if you don't see anything you like, we have six exstensive catalogues of dresses that we can order for you, direct from the designer. If you see a few you like, we can choose those today and have them shipped within a week so you can try them on then."

" Oh great! Sorry, Iv'e never done this before, so...", Lyra trailed off.

" It's alright, we will take good care of you. Follow me everyone.", said Mrs. Suk heading towards the back of the shop.

" Oh my gosh, these dresses are amazing.", squealed Bom to CL and Lyra.

" I know, I can't believe this is happening. My Seunghyun sure knows how to make a girl feel taken care of.", gushed Lyra.

" Maybe I'll be shopping here next.", whispered CL, so GD couldn't hear her. They all giggled and hurried along behind Mrs. Suk.

" How did we get ourselves into this?", groaned Seungri.

" Speak for yourself man, I can't wait to see her try on the dresses. It's like a free fashion show!', said GD, scurrying to catch up with the girls, leaving Seungri behind rolling his eyes.

Once they got to the back room, Mrs. Suk asked Lyra a few questions to see what type and style of dress she was going for. She asked about wedding theme and colors as well as wedding location. Lyra and TOP had decided on a destination wedding, so both familiies could meet somewhere in the middle, instead of one of them having to travel all the way across the globe.

" Morocco?! No way! This is going to be insane!", exclaimed GD.

" It was the perfect halfway point.", stated Lyra. Everyone got excited at the thought of traveling to Morocco in the summer, for an exotic wedding.

" Ok, perfect! So with all of that information, let's try these.", said Mrs. Suk pulling out three beautiful dresses. Lyra and everyone gasped.

http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj614/proverbsgurl/dress7christos.jpg

http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj614/proverbsgurl/dress5christos.jpg

http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj614/proverbsgurl/dress1.jpg

After trying them on, it was agreed that she looked great in all of them, but she was not quite sold. She really liked a couple of them but wanted to explore more options. Mrs. Suk pulled out three more.

http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj614/proverbsgurl/dress6.jpg

http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj614/proverbsgurl/dress4.jpg

http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj614/proverbsgurl/dress2wang.jpg

Again, she liked them but wanted to see if there was anything else before making a final decisoon.She looked through the catalogues for at least an hour and a half, getting input from everyone, but was still undecided. Mrs. Suk sensed her frustration and reassured her.

" Lyra, don't get stressed. This is not the time to be stressed, it's one of the happiest moments in your life. You don't need tp decide today, you can always think about it. I actually have a few catalogues you can take home and look over and call me in a week after you have a fresh mind about everything.", she said.

" Thank you, because it really is getting to me.", said Lyra as Bom rubbed her back.

" Of course, now I have just three more dresses that I want you to try on and then we can call it a day."

Lyra nodded in agreement as Mrs. Suk brought out three final dresses.

Lyra really liked the last two, so did GD and CL. Both were almost the same except one had huge taffeta roses imbedded within the fabric and the other was just tons of flowing taffeta.

http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj614/proverbsgurl/dress3wang.jpg

http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj614/proverbsgurl/dress7.jpg

After she was done she got everyone's input.

" Lyra, it has to be one of the last two dresses. They scream haute couture, but they also have this boho, wild and free,I'm totally unique and I do my own thing vibe which , Lyra - that's you all the way.", commented GD.

" Yeah, that's why I like those two, I feel like they fit my personality and they have a summery feel as well."

" I agree , but I really liked the second one. It was feminine, soft and airy. Great for an outdoor wedding and still was kind of unique. It jut looked so beautiful on you.", added Bom.

" Yeah, I like that one two, actually the first two. Ugh, this is hard."

" I like them all, so I'm no help. Except that one with the black belt thing or whatever that was. Wasn't feeling that one.", said Seungri."

" Ok, so mark your top choices and call me when you feel like youv'e made a decision.", said Mrs. Suk warmly.

" I took pics of you in the dresses, so you can refer to those.", said CL.

Lyra smiled. " What? You are a genius, thanks girlie."

" So , did you want to look at bridesmaids dresses today, as well?", asked Mrs. Suk.

" Oh man, I don't think I have the energy.", said Lyra as they all laughed.

" No problem dear. Well it's been great assisting you. You have been an absolute doll. TOP is a lucky man, you looked stunning in everything you tried on. It's hard to decide when you look good in everything. I used to have that problem, but the years have not been kind.", Mrs. Suk joked.

" Oh you are lovely. Thank you so much Mrs. Suk. I'll call you after my committee and I have decided. Have a great day.", said Lyra.

" You as well.", said Mrs. Suk. Everyone bid their farewells and thanks to her as they filed out of the shop.

.......................................

Later that day Lyra went home and decided to work on her script for the upcoming film YG and TOP were both producing. She had finally finished Hyunjoong's album and only had two more CF's to shoot, but they would take place the following week, so she would use this week to really bear down and get some scenes done. She was on her MAC typing away when her phone buzzed. She looked at it and saw it was TOP.

" Hey babe, what up?', she answered.

" Jagi, how was today at the shop? Did you like it?"

" Oh my gosh, that place is ridic'! The dresses were amazing, but I'm having a hard time choosing. Mrs. Suk, who helped me said I can come back in a week after Iv'e thought it over. But seriously, I've never seen dresses like that in my life. Thanks yeobo for making the appointment. I felt like such a princess.", Lyra cooed.

" That's because you are. Your'e my princess, soon to be my queen."

Lyra blushed. " Ah, your'e the best. I love you so much."

" I love you too. So what are you up to, I have a moment between takes and I wanted to hear your voice."

" I'm actually working on the script right now, to be exact, your'e in the middle of trying to convince authorities of your innoncence."

" Oooh, have I lost my teaching job yet?"

" No, not yet, I'll fire you soon enough though.", she smiled. "So hey , glad you called, Hyunjoong finished the tracks but something's wrong with his computer so he can't send them to me. He downloaded them on a USB and wants me to pick it up sometime this week. Wanna come with and we'll swing by before we go out for dinner on Thursday?", she asked. " It's honestly the only time I have, I've dedicated myself to the script this week."

" Yeah, sounds good. I should apologize to him anyway, for being a jerk the other day. It because we used to be good friends ...until he tried making moves on you. I kind of miss him.", said TOP.

" Aww, well you should definitely talk to him then. I'll text him and let him know we'll see him Thursday around 6:30 ish?"

" Yeah, They release me from set at 5:45, so yeah - that'll work. Alright jagi, gotta go. Filming will be done soon so we'll have more time together. Love you."

" I love you too. bye.", said Lyra hanging up and immediately returning to her script.

............................

Daesung was at home, settling in to watch old videos of he and Ruslana and eat a hearty chicken and rice meal. He placed a large piece of chicken in his mouth just as his doorbell rang.

" Aish.", he groaned as he got up to answer. He saw through the peephole that it was Dara. He sighed before letting her in.

" Dara. What are you doing here?", he asked.

" Um, I wanted to see you.", she said smiling and then walking in, uninvited.His eyes followed her as he shut the door.

" What are you up to?", she asked, plopping on the couch.

" Just about to eat dinner. Sorry I wasn't expecting company, so I only made enough for one.", he said talking his original seat. " What are you doing? Don't you guys have rehearsal or something?", he asked, somewhat annoyed.

" Dae, I get the feeling your'e not happy to see me.", she said matter of fact.

" Sorry Dara, I just...I was just looking forward to a night alone. I love you guys, but when I want to be alone, I really want to be alone is all. Nothing personal."

" I get it, I'm no extrovert, as you know. But I actually came over with a specific purpose."

" Ok.What's up?"

" So your'e going to hate me for this, but as a friend I have to be honest. I understand that you like being alone, but your'e alone all the time Dae. You're suppossed to be Seunghyun's best man and he says you take forever to return his phone calls, we never see you and honestly this whole thing with Ruslana is weird.", Dara then glanced on the coffee table and saw the DVD case entitled Ruslana and Dae at the park 07'. Daesung realized Dara noticed the DVD.

" Let me guess? More home videos?", she probed.

" You know what Dara, what I do on my own time is really none of your business.I appreciate everyone's concern, but I'm fine , really."

" I don't believe you. This is the exact way you acted after the accident. You're so moody, everyone is afraid to approach you because you swing from being isolated and quiet to straight up, lashing out. Well I'm not afraid of you Dae. If it means being pushy then I will be, because your'e my friend and I really care about you. Whatever it takes, I hate seeing you like this." Dara insisted.

" People are really afraid to talk to me?"

" Yes Dae, they are! They say just let him be, he'll come around, but I can't remember the last time I saw you smile...and that makes me sad. That's who you are Dae. So what's going on, really?", asked Dara.

Dae sighed and looked down. " I'm afraid to say anything. You may think I'm weird."

" I won't judge you. I promise, unless your'e hiding corpses in your closet and having with them at night, then we may need to get you some professional help.", teased Dara.

" Oh gross Dara!"

" I had to go extreme, so it would be easier for you to tell me what you've really got going on."

Daesung chuckled a little and rubbed his face. " Ruslana was my first real love. We met in the spring of 2007. I had taken some time off, like a week and I went to New York. I have some cousins there I was visiting. Anyways that's when I met her. She was Russian, but living in New York pursuing modeling ...and doing a pretty good job at it. She was definitely on her way up."

" How'd you two meet?", Dara asked.

" I was with my cousin ordering a tea at some cafe, when I saw this...this angel, with blonde hair just sitting by herself. I didn't think anything of it, in my mind it was just another gorgeous girl that wouldn't be interested in me ...at least not off the bat. I wasn't exactly the hot one back in those days. So I took a seat next to my cousin after ordering and we started talking, in Korean of course and I feel a pair of eyes in our direction. I figured she was looking at us, my cousin specifically, since he's bulit like Youngbae and tall like Seunghyun. Total gym rat, as they say in the States. So I look up and there she is smiling at me, shyly. I couldnt believe it. I froze. She was looking at me! At me! So my cousin urged me to walk over and talk to her. Let's just say we sat and talked for two hours. Between my then horrible broken English and hers, it was amazing  that we managed to connect..but we did. We hung out everyday that week and spent almost every waking hour together. It was amazing."

" So what happened? When you came back you didn't really say anything about her."

" I...I was embaressed. I didn't think anyone would believe me that I was dating a beautiful, blonde , Russian model. Also I was scared. It was our second successful year as BIgbang and you know, we were'nt  suppossed to have girlfriends. I was afraid if anyone found out they would make me break up with her or it would somehow affect my career, so I kept her a secret. We talked everyday though, via phone, text, online, late at night when the guys were asleep. Plus her schedule was just as crazy as mine. She would be in Paris, then Milan , then Brazil or any other number of locales for her shoots, so we sreally fought to connect. In 2008, she started to ...to distance herself. I was trying desperately to connect whenever I had the chance but she ..she was becoming a different person, hanging out with strange people, doing God knows what. June of 2008 was the last time we spoke. I'm still not sure what she was going through, she never told me."

" So you guys broke up?'

" Well, you could say that. Do you want to know the truth about Ruslana?", he asked. Dara nodded her head yes. Daesung got up from off the couch. " Follow me.", he said walking towards the hallway. Dara followed and watched as he opened up a closet door in the hallway and reached up top. He moved some board games and other knick knacks out of the way, to reveal an aqua colored vase. Just as he placed his hands on it to pull it out, Dara's phone rang.

" It's Chae. I should get this.", said Dara as Dae took his hands off the vase. He waited for Dara to finish her call.

" Ok, I'm leaving now.", said Dara, frustrated as she ended the call. " Hey Dae, I have to go, like yesterday. We have to do a re-record , somethiing got royally screwed up and now is the only time we can do it, because Teddy is about to catch a flight tonight for L.A. So I basically have 15 minutes to get to the studio, even though it takes me half an hour from here. Can we please, please continue this? And thanks so much for being vulnerable.",  said Dara rushing out then returning to give Daesung a huge hug.

" Thanks Dara, for caring. Come back and I'll...I'll tell you the rest.", he said. Dara gave him one last smile before heading out the front door.

 

                                 **** Hey Guys, can you give me opinions on what dress you like? I'm having a hard time choosing. Thanks****