Guess Who?

Me and the Boys Volume 3: Closure

Lyra and TOP were lounging in his villa, going over wedding details. They had the televison on and would make comments here and there between discussing plans. They were both sprawled out on his long beige, plush sofa adorned with fluffy pillows that were now strewn along the couch haphazardly.TOP was seated , legs crossed Indian style while Lyra was lying on her stomach,her head nearly touching his knee while kicking her legs back and forth in the air.

" Ok, so should I email everyone to make their own hotel reservations or are we doing that for them?", asked Lyra

" Wer'e doing that for our immediate families, as well as footing the bill. Everyone else can take care of their own reservations though.", he answered, flipping through various papers, brochures and notes.

" It's called the Husa Solazur in Tangier, right?", she asked storing the info. on her ipad.

" Yep. No need  to make them now, I would say sometime in March. Three months out is good.", he said. " So hey, I'm looking at these vases, which one's do you think we should have the planner order?", he asked handing her the brochure with the vases in question circled. His eyes wandered to the TV screen as she was busy making her decision. He then excitedly pointed to the screen.

" Jagi! it's your first CF for Sunny Ten!!", he beamed. Lyra snapped her head up and smiled.

" Sunny Ten!!", she repeated, sitting up. She bobbed her head to the theme song and mimicked the dance moves they had her perform in the spot. TOP looked over at her and laughed. They had her in a white, short sleeved dress with red hearts on them and a layer of lime green tulle adorning the bottom. She also wore white fishnets with red pumps. Her hair was flatironed straight and parted down the middle, with a huge Lime green bow on the left side and they did her make-up, so that her eyes looked huge, with long lashes and cherry red lipstick.

" You look like an anime character!", TOP roared.

" I know right! I kinda don't like this look so much.", she said as the CF ended.

" Oh, but you look soooo cute!", he planted a huge kiss on her cheek. Lyra sighed and went back to the brochure.She made her choice and tossed the catalogue on TOP's lap. " Here. These.", she said. TOP nodded. " What else, what else.", she grumbled, when her attenttion was diverted again, upon hearing Evan and Emma's names coming from the TV screen. They both looked up to see a preview for a Korean entertainment program.

"...also american Actor Logan Lerman seen arriving at  Bellevue Rehab center with British Starlet Emma Watson and son Harlen. More on that story, tonight at 7 PM on Korean access Entertainment.

" Whoa, she's in rehab now?", asked Lyra, with gaped open.

" Is that weird for you? To see him and her...and his son?", asked TOP, concerned.

" Yeah a little. I mean the fact that he's a dad is just crazy and how it happened...the whole situation is just jacked. I feel sorry for their kid, he's so cute too.", said Lyra, flipping on her back and resting her head on TOP's knee.

" it is sad right? Especially since she's still dealing with her addiction. But at least it seems like she's getting help.", added TOP.

" Yeah, it's true. Anyways, enough about that. Now about centerpieces. I prefer the water/pebble and twig idea with a hint of flowers instead of full on bouquets.", she said as she scribbled on her notepad.

" Yes and no, either the twigs and flowers or twigs and pebbles, but not all of the above.", he said .

" Ok, so how about...", they continued discussing ideas until the wee hours of the night. Lyra finally got home at around 1 AM. She jammed her keys into her apartment door and let herself in. After dumping her purse and coat onto the coach , she went into the kitchen and started a kettle of water. On cold nights such as these, she loved preparing a cup of hot tea to warm her up and help her wind down right before bed.She could'nt wait for the day, however , when instead of tea, she could cuddle up with TOP in their warm bed.Just a few more months she said to herself, then her phone buzzed. Who could it have been, calling her at this hour? TOP had already called to make sure she made it home safe , as soon as she pulled up into her driveway. Maybe it was Seungri, he sometimes called at weird hours just to chat. She walked to the couch and rummaged through her purse to retrieve her phone. She pulled it out and saw Evan's name on the caller ID. Her heart nearly jumped out of her chest. Why was he calling? It had been over a year and he was the last person she wanted to talk to. However she was curious. She debated as her phone continued to buzz. She finally answered.

" Hello.", she said.

" Lyra, it's Evan."

" ...I know.", she didnt know what else to say.

" I know it's late, I just...I've been thinking of you lately...how are you?', he asked. Something in his voice was strained, as if he were either on the verge of tears or a nervous breakdown.

" Oh really? Well I'm great. TOP and I are getting married."  she blurted out.

" Wow...that did'nt take long.", he said somewhat snarkily.

" Well , we figured we do that before we had  kids.", she snapped back.

Evan chuckled. " Well, I guess your'e right...are you happy?"

Lyra sighed, growing impatient with the conversation. " Evan it's really late, why are you calling me?"

" Lyra your'e the only one I feel I acn talk to. You always have been. Emma's a mess. I'm trying to raise my son, have a successful career and take care of an addict, all by myself. I just can't help thinking that ...that we made a mistake. I was never suppossed to be with Emma. Remember when we talked about kids?"

" Evan, I'm sorry if you feel like we made a mistake, but I'm not a part of that we. I can see that you and Emma are having it rough, but I'm happy with TOP and I do believe, unlike you and Emma, that TOP and I are meant to be together. Sorry Evan, I'm not sure what you were hoping for by calling me, but...I have to go. It's late and I need to go to bed."

Evan went silent for a moment." ...ok then. It was nice hearing your voice."

" Good night Evan.", said Lyra hanging up the phone. She stared out, pondering what just happened before the sound of tea kettle sanpped her back to the present.

........................................

A FEW MONTHS LATER - JUNE

Four nights before the wedding , Lyra was scrambling around like a chicken with her head cut off. She was packing to leave for the airport, early the next morning for Morocco. The 2NE1 girls, with the exception of Minzy of course , were all helping her make sure she was not forgetting anything.

" Ok, so the dress is being delivered directly to our hotel room,  the day before at 9 AM. I've been on their case everyday and I've talked to two different people., they assured me there will be no mishaps. And don't worry I'll call them again in the a.m and bug them again. I don't care if I get on their nerves, because there can be no room for error on this.", stated Dara affirmatively.

" Thanks Dara, your'e a pain in the when it matters the most.", said Lyra running around her apartment.

" Where's your jewelry bag? With the choker, your head piece and all that stuff?", asked CL, neatly folding clothes in one of Lyra's bags.

" It was in my room on my dresser, its not there?", replied Lyra, going into a mini-panic.

" I'll look for it, don't worry babe, just finish packing your toiletries.", said Bom dashing  into Lyra's bedroom.

Lyra sighed, " Dude, so much to do , so little time. Yet so exciting! Wee!!!",Lyra jumped up and down going from anxiety to sheer joy, by the minute.

" I know, right? I can't believe this day is already here.", said CL.

At that moment Lyra's phone buzzed. She glanced on the coffee table where it was laying only to see Evan's name pop up.

" Evan, again!?", she sighed. Bom darted out of Lyra's room holding up the jewlery and accessory bag.

" Found it!", she announced triumphantly.

" Evan is calling you again?", asked Dara.

" Yes and I don't know why. I texted him a week ago and told him I'm getting ready for my wedding and I don't have time to talk to him."

" So he's been basically caling you ever since the fall, right? Wasn't it like, September or October when he first called?", asked CL.

" Yes and I never call him back."

" Did you ever tell Seunghyun?", asked Dara.

" Well, no. Everytime I'm about to, something comes up and then I just keep forgetting."

" Lyra, you need to tell Seunghyun and tell Evan to stop calling you. What is his problem anyway?", asked Bom.

" I think he wants to be friends or maybe see if I still have feelings for him, I don't even know."

" Lyra, you need to tell him, before you guys get married. You know how Seunghyun hates things being kept from him. I know you have been crazy busy, but I'm sure you have had plenty of moments where you could have talked to him.", said Bom.

" I know, I know i just...honestly I just don't want to deal with it. I keep hoping if I ignore Evan enough, he'll stop calling.", admitted Lyra.

" How's that working out for you?", replied Dara sarcastically. Lyra made a face and threw a couch pillow at her. "Hey I'm just trying to help you.", chuckled Dara as they laughed.

" I'll figure it out. Maybe once we land.", said Lyra.

" As long as you do it. You guys have gotten too far for drama like this to now just suddenly erupt.", added CL. Lyra nodded her head in agreement, although it was a conversation with TOP, she dreaded having to have.