Recovered Pieces

Me and the Boys Volume 3: Closure

TOP's parents made good on their invitation and had he and Lyra over for dinner. It was more bearable than the previous dinner, but Papa Choi was by no means her biggest fan at this point. However she was happy he made the effort and things could only get better from there. The mood for the most part was somber though. Hye Yoon's condition had not improved and the Choi family had to make a decision on  whether they wanted  keep her on life support or not. it was well past the time frame for recovery to have happened as she had been in a coma for a month and at this point and the doctors were not hopeful.

" So, looks like things with SUB-UNIT are back on track.", said Mama Choi, attempting to break the silence. TOP looked up and smiled feebly.

" So far so good. Seems like we are slowly gaining our fans back.", he said. Lyra nodded in agreement and Papa Choi merely grunted. That was his way of acknowledging the comment. Silence continued on a few minnutes more when Mama Choi offered everyone more soup.

" No. we need to talk about what weve been avoiding all night. The doctor expects an answer tomorrow.", said Papa Choi, staring at his plate. No one replied.

" If she's not getting better, we need to figure out what wer'e going to do.", he repeated himself.

" Her organs are fine.I'm not ready to give up hope.", said Mama Choi.

" I'm with oma. Sure , she still can't breathe on her pwn, but as long as everything else is functioning, I don't see why we need to pull the plug.", said TOP.

" She's brain dead. Even if she lives, she will be  a vegetable for the rest of her life. What kind of life is that, hooked up to a machine, floating in darkness?", offered papa Choi.

" She could be brain dead, we don't know for sure.", said TOP. Papa Choi looked away, a tear threatening to fall from his eye.

" I can't take it. Seeing my little girl like that. I just can't take it anymore.", he said getting up and exiting the kitchen. Lyra looked at the Choi's sad and bewildered. It was not her place to offer any opinion, she just wish she could comfort them, give them some sort of answer. TOP sat there rubbing his temples as Mama Choi began putting away food. Not wanting to address the subject any further. Lyra looked into Mama Choi's sorrow filled eyes and offered to help her with the cleaning. Just then the housephone rang. It rung a few times  before TOP finally answered. It was the doctor.

" Dr. Nam?", asnwered TOP.

" TOP, is your family around?", asked the doctor.

" Yes, why?", asked TOP.

" Well, I have some shocking but miraculous news to share. it seems Hye Yoon is beginning to wake from her coma. The nurse went in to administer dinner and Hye Yoon tried to speak.Nothing intelligible, but she was definitely trying to commnunicate something.", said the doctor, still in awe himself. TOP began stumbling over his words.

" Oh my...oh, omo! Oma! Appa! Little sis' is waking up!", TOP yelled. Mama Choi and Lyra gasped at one another and ran up to TOP on the phone. TOP was smiling with tears in his eyes.

" We even checked her brain waves to make sure it wasn't a fluke, but sure enough there is considerable brain activity happenineg. I highly doubt she is brain dead at this point.", the doctor continued.

" Oh my...Oh, my...", TOP pulled his mother in for a hug and Papa Choi walked in, a slight smile on his face. Lyra was near tears herself as she covered with her hands.

" I'm sorry doctor, I'm just ..this is so amazing. So what next?", asked TOP.

" Well, there is still a long way to go. At this rate she could wake up fully in a matter of days or another week. At that point we will ned to asess the brain damage if any. But for now, this is a victory. To have been under that long , coupled with the copious amount of swelling on her brain, it is nothing short of a miracle that she is not dead now. You are a very lucky and blessed family. Come in tomorrow and we can discuss this further.", concluded the doctor.

" Thank you so much! Thank you!", said TOP.

" Have a great evening.", said the doctor. TOP hung up and held his mother as they both cried tears of joy. He then pulled in Lyra. He and his father also exchanged smiles from across the room.

...........................................

Se7en headed out of Kyrgystan into the United States. He settled on a small, historical town called Brattleboro in Vermont. The flight arrived at Burlington International Airport and Se7en went straight to customs. He pulled out his passport, a fake of course bearing the name, Jonathan Myo, one of his aliases. He caught a little static as the officer examined the passport for awhile as he stared at Se7en. Se7en smiled and after almost two minutes, got the stamp of approval. He made his way to the luggage area and then boarded a cab, to take him to his final destination.

" Where to?", asked the cabbie.

" Brattleboro.", answered Se7en.

As the cabbie took off, a hooded figure stood just inside the front doors. He had follwed Se7en to Vermont, having caught the same connecting flight out of New York. He sat only a few rows behind him on the plane but made sure to keep himself inconspicuous. He stayed a few steps behind him , just enough to find out he was headed to Brattleboro. After Se7en's cab took off, he felt it was safe to take off his sunglasses and black hoodie. He then hailed a cab for himself to the same destination. The cabbie helped him with his luggage and glanced at the name, befor getting back in the drivers seat.

" CAP huh? That's quite a name.", said the cabbie. CAP just smiled.